re 5670 vs 5770

onyxbfly

Weaksauce
Hello Group,

Which do you think is better? The 5670 or 5770. Who is the better manufactuer? I need one with dvi,hdmi, vga. I only have a lcd monitor and a hdtv, I can not use both digital inputs at the same time, and I realy do not have a clue to what a display port is.

TIA,

Better for what? Watching video? gaming? Power usage? etc etc.

Go with XFX for the warranty and excellent customer support.

That is a fair question and I apologize for not being clearer. I am not really into pc gaming. But I would like have the opportunity if the desire should present itself. Currently this is for my all in one tower. rip encode watch blu ray, blu ray rips etc. I noticed that some od the XFX cards say that they are PCI express 2.1. I believe that it should be backwards compatible with reg pci express. I researched my mobo and it says that it is pci express revision 1.1. Do you know if the card will be compatible with a Intel DG33BU Mobo? Thank you for responding.

Last edited:
That is a fair question and I apologize for not being clearer. I am not really into pc gaming. But I would like have the opportunity if the desire should present itself. Currently this is for my all in one tower. rip encode watch blu ray, blu ray rips etc.

Then go with the HD 5670 then. It fits you better than the HD 5770 which is more of a medium usage gaming card. The HD 5670 is good enough for light gaming and uses a lot less power.

PCI-E is backwards compatible. So any HD 5670 card should work with your mobo.

Then go with the HD 5670 then. It fits you better than the HD 5770 which is more of a medium usage gaming card. The HD 5670 is good enough for light gaming and uses a lot less power.

PCI-E is backwards compatible. So any HD 5670 card should work with your mobo.

Thanks for the advice. I will browse some cards and make a decision. Or I may find a great deal on a 5570.

Thanks for the advice. I will browse some cards and make a decision. Or I may find a great deal on a 5570.

Gotcha. Just a rule of thumb:
No more than $85 for the HD 5570
No more than $100 for the HD 5670
No more than $165 for the HD 5770

Gotcha. Just a rule of thumb:
No more than $85 for the HD 5570
No more than $100 for the HD 5670
No more than $165 for the HD 5770

I was considering the 5770 because I have $35.00 store credit with new egg and I am returning the $70.00 Asus GT220. That brings me to $105. I figure for $65+ give or take a few dollars, I would really be ahead of the game with a more than decent upgrade.
Decisions Decisions Decisions....NowI have to to find a 5770 for $165 and that will be the deciding factor between the 5670 and the 5770.

Thanks once again for responding.

Uh, just so you know once you get past the 5570 the extra performance just doesn't matter for what you want to do with it. A 5570 is going to do exactly the same thing for you as a 5670 or a 5770. The only benefit you'll see is in gaming performance which you've said isn't important to you.

Back