slipperyskip's Level Eleven

Hey Jeff! Looking good. Nice to see some new projects. I worked Lunch at Pieros for VIA at CES last year. Your stuff is even more impressive in person!

Hey Jeff! Looking good. Nice to see some new projects. I worked Lunch at Pieros for VIA at CES last year. Your stuff is even more impressive in person!

Thanks! I just saw Pat Meier a couple of weeks ago in San Francisco at the Rods & Mods exhibit . Sorry I missed L@P this year. Looking forward to making it back next year...if I'm worthy. Are you still at VIA?

I have been waiting for another project!! :)

Thanks! It's good to be back in the saddle again. ;) I've got another project based on the VIA VB8003 coming right after this one. Busy, busy.

Love that Bayard. Need a working clock desktop that looks like the original clock.

What is the theme or style of the new case?

Looking forward to this one as well. I always love seeing your woodworking skills in action.

Love that Bayard. Need a working clock desktop that looks like the original clock.

What is the theme or style of the new case?

Thanks! Traditionally, I don't reveal much about my plans. You have to watch. This tradition goes back to my very first work log located here at [H] back in 2006.

Looking forward to this one as well. I always love seeing your woodworking skills in action.

More woodworking genius :D

Thanks! I don't consider myself a woodworker. I buy most of my materials from a shop that caters primarily to the architecture students at the University of Florida. The materials and skills I use are closely associated with doll house makers. My great uncle was a very famous doll house maker back in the Twenties.

Thanks! I don't consider myself a woodworker. I buy most of my materials from a shop that caters primarily to the architecture students at the University of Florida. The materials and skills I use are closely associated with doll house makers. My great uncle was a very famous doll house maker back in the Twenties.

Do you have some references to some of his work? :)

And we'll still consider you a woodworker, even if you don't ;)

And we'll still consider you a woodworker, even if you don't ;)

This. Seeing all of your skills in shaping wood into various cases over the years, and even your Shure microphone build (out of wood) I'd say your skillset qualifies yourself as a woodworker. You can call it what you will, we'll just enjoy the fruits of your labor!

WOW, that is just insanely small. That will be an awesome box if it can do what it's advertised to do.

I love pico ITX projects, just something about that much power in something so small. Looks like an excellent start and cant wait to see more progress!

I believe you could fit about 30 of those Pico ITX boards in that single HSF :D

How much Watt does the entire system use when at full load? I'd be worried I'd lose the HTPC behind the entertainment center or so at this size :eek:

I/O plates definitely are my least favourite part of a project. My respect for doing such a good job on them :)

Its so small! Do want!

Good luck with your build....I can't wait to see the final design.

In these days of folks getting custom stuff shopped out to the nearest laser cutter/ CNC shop, cudos for doing it old school yourself.

Anyone else see the smiley face using the HDMI port as the mouth, the screw as a nose, the network jack as the left eye and the USB port as the right one?

It will be a lot of work, but you can solder the IDE cable leads directly to the header on the board to save some space.

It will be a lot of work, but you can solder the IDE cable leads directly to the header on the board to save some space.

fast forward a few days. email to via: "so remember that pico-itx board you sent me that was made of unobtanium? well about that..." haha. i like the project! no one else does pico that i know of. thats a kickass little board.

biggest coincidence ever....i made an account just to comment on this. i too am building a mini level 10...lol. mine is out of aluminum though. good luck skip :D

Back