AMD Athlon X2 5000 unlocked to Phenom FX-5000

Hi, new poster here.

I've recently unlocked a AMD Athlon X2 5000 unlocked into Phenom FX-5000.

Here's my specs:

AMD Athlon X2 5000 unlocked into Phenom FX-5000 (@3.3GHz).
MSI 785GTM-E45
Team Xtreem Dark DDR2 1066 CL5
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1GB DDR5
Seagate 500GB Barracuda
Thermalright HR-01 Plus w/ Coolermaster 120mm (silent)

Here are some OC CPUz links:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1032063

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1036115

And some OCCT stress test and 3dmark06 benchies:

x25500unlocked300fsbcl4.jpg

x25500unlocked300fsbcl4.jpg

its a 50% OC. I'm just wondering if i can still push it. Also I'm kinda confused since I'm using a tighter timing settings(4-4-4-10-16 (1:1 ratio). With VCore @ 1.385 (effective up to 1.42) and RAM voltage @ 2.2), its much more stable than the relaxed 5-5-5-15-23 timings.

Congrats dude! Is that the Phenom II based chip? I think that was the one that would unlock, even though the name never gave the impression of a chance to. I regret not picking one up now, especially when they were $50 for a while....great deal for a dual core, let alone a possible quad.

Congrats dude! Is that the Phenom II based chip? I think that was the one that would unlock, even though the name never gave the impression of a chance to. I regret not picking one up now, especially when they were $50 for a while....great deal for a dual core, let alone a possible quad.

According to CPU-z the unlocked version is Phenom FX-5000 Deneb (45 nm) so I think it is Phenom II.

Also L3 cache is 6MB so Phenom II would perfectly fit.

Just posted it here to get some ideas on how to fine tune it and squeeze some more juice from it.

so my old 5000+ may unlock to a quad ? i thought they were all based on native dual core designs

so my old 5000+ may unlock to a quad ? i thought they were all based on native dual core designs

If your talking about the 2.6GHz Brisbane/Windsor variations, they can't. The new x2 5000 are clocked at 2.2GHz.

Here's the corner of the box:

dsc03463l.jpg

And here's the chip/code:

dsc03486.jpg

Probably a failed Phenom 925. Nice catch there!

lol probably. its been selling like hotcakes here in my country for the past few weeks.

and yeah, probably a Phenom II 925 with failed IMC for DDR3 since it CACZ AC. or probably a Phenom II 920 that didn't meet the x14 multiplier mark.

lol probably. its been selling like hotcakes here in my country for the past few weeks.

and yeah, probably a Phenom II 925 with failed IMC for DDR3 since it CACZ AC. or probably a Phenom II 920 that didn't meet the x14 multiplier mark.

It's really great... Getting a fully fledged quad-core for basically the price of a dual core. I have a 550 BE unlocked into a tri-core, and it does 4Ghz stable on 1.4 volts. it's a great feeling when you get free extra cores, eh? :D

So far the 3.3GHz is stable @ 1.42Vcore. Dragon Age Origins loves quad cores it really shows up if the system is stable or not. Will try to tweak the settings and push some more.

Well, sadly anything over 300 FSB, the system wont POST. I dunno if its the ram or heat or the mobo.

I'm currently checking some online sites for good OCable DDR2 RAMS, so any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Well, sadly anything over 300 FSB, the system wont POST. I dunno if its the ram or heat or the mobo.

I'm currently checking some online sites for good OCable DDR2 RAMS, so any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried dropping your HT Link/ NB multi?

Anyway good job on the OC and unlock so far :)

Have you tried dropping your HT Link/ NB multi?

Anyway good job on the OC and unlock so far :)

Now that you've mentioned it, I remember the max multiplier for HTT is x8. I'll try to lower it in my next OC session if it yields something. Also will there be a good/bad effect if I raise the NB voltage?

Now that you've mentioned it, I remember the max multiplier for HTT is x8. I'll try to lower it in my next OC session if it yields something. Also will there be a good/bad effect if I raise the NB voltage?

Not really. A little bump might help it. But the real voltage you want to be increasing is the CPU-NB voltage. It will help stabilize high NB/memory clocks. Think of it as the IMC or "Uncore" (everything in the CPU that isn't the actual processor cores if that makes sense) voltage.

There was thread about this couple months ago. Bought my self new x2 5000 from newegg but was only able to unlock to triple core(with L3). Wish they come out with new x2 5000BE =D

Lol, tried supplying it with 1.5 on VCore and pushed NB to 1.24 then raised the FSB to 310.

It boot up! Then it crashed. Bios said something about hypertransport flooding error. So I decreased HTT multiplier to x5 making it 1550. Sadly it won't boot up anymore. BUT it's posting though so that's a good start!

Got mine and it failed :(

The Highest voltage I tried was 1.4, should I try again with 1.5-1.6? Really wanted to replace my Unlocked Sempron 140 (to Regor + 3.8Ghz) in my media pc with this, even if it was at 3.2-3.3 Ghz, would of helped in ripping DVDs....oh well :(

Unlocked to quad. Currently running at 2.75Ghz w/ Tuniq Tower 120 on lowest fan speed. CPU idles around 43C which is pretty high. Will probably drop it down to default 2.2Ghz speed to cut down on heat.

CPU batch is 0937BPAW
Motherboard is Biostar TA785GE-128M

Did some fiddling in the BIOS and dropped the voltage down to default (1.36v). Currently running at 2.5ghz w/ all 4 cores unlocked as well as the L3. BIOS Hardware Monitor shows idling around 41C. CPUID Hardware Monitor shows TMPIN0 as 34C (not sure if that's the northbridge though). It booted last night at 2.8ghz on stock voltage as well but temps get up to around 46C while idle (too hot).

The only scare last night was running Prime95 and having the CPU hit the temp threshold set in the BIOS (65C) for rebooting. The system rebooted and the BIOS reported the chip as 'AMD Engineering Sample' with a clock of only 2ghz w/ only 2 active cores. Strange strange strange. Cleared CMOS and disabled ACC, then re-enabled and it came back as Phenom FX-5000.

I think from reading this thread, this is a good cheap CPU if you're just looking to unlock to 4 cores, but not play/toy much around with overclocking after that.

But, overall not bad.

Considering the Athlon x2 5000+ AM2+ chip and Biostar motherboard were purchased for $115 including shipping, and I'll be selling my old mobo + CPU for ~$130, this was a nice upgrade from an e6600. Instead of being able to only handle 2 threads, the new system can handle 4.

It's probably the best value out there right now for someone who prefers threads over speed (encoders/compilers vs gamers).

I'm suprised you guys can read the temperature, my impression was that after unlock temperature readings always show 0celsius?

What is the best DDR2 mobo for unlocking these chips?

Get a motherboard with a SB710 or SB750 southbridge. Im using a Gigabyte Ga-ma78lm-s2h.

List of a few.
GA-MA785GM-US2H
GA-MA78LM-S2
Asus M4A785-M
ASROCK 785GXH/128M
ECS A780GM-A

can someone please verify that motherboard can read temperature?

My impression was after successful unlock the temperature no longer is available to be read?

use CPUID hardware monitor.

it will read a CPU sensor from the motherboard. It may be a few celsius off, but youc an compare its accuracy by switching to dual core and loading up temps, and seeing the accuracy between the sensors.

I bought one about a month ago from SuperBiiz for 50.00(on sale now for 35.07 shipped) just remembered I had a M3A79-T Deluxe sitting around, so I thought what the heck, popped it in and unlocked no prob.

CACUC AC 0944APMW

Considering the Athlon x2 5000+ AM2+ chip and Biostar motherboard were purchased for $115 including shipping, and I'll be selling my old mobo + CPU for ~$130, this was a nice upgrade from an e6600. Instead of being able to only handle 2 threads, the new system can handle 4.

It's probably the best value out there right now for someone who prefers threads over speed (encoders/compilers vs gamers).
i know what you mean, i bought 2 chips and a mobo for 130, both chips unlocked to quad
I'm suprised you guys can read the temperature, my impression was that after unlock temperature readings always show 0celsius?
i could only find one thing that read the temp, everest ultimate demo reads it
though people below me mention another i didnt try
can someone please verify that motherboard can read temperature?

My impression was after successful unlock the temperature no longer is available to be read?

use CPUID hardware monitor.

it will read a CPU sensor from the motherboard. It may be a few celsius off, but youc an compare its accuracy by switching to dual core and loading up temps, and seeing the accuracy between the sensors.
i never heard of this one, ill have to try it when i put the rig back together
I bought one about a month ago from SuperBiiz for 50.00(on sale now for 35.07 shipped) just remembered I had a M3A79-T Deluxe sitting around, so I thought what the heck, popped it in and unlocked no prob.

CACUC AC 0944APMW
hey, your from OCN lol
I just got a 0944BPMW, but haven't had the time to unlock it yet. Hopefully! Remember to repot your unlocks here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1499697&page=3
same batch i have, i got 2 of them, both unlocked quad and ran 3.3ghz stable. im running one at 3.3ghz stable at 1.29v, 10hrs prime its loading at 47c

Unlocking cores sounds like fun I have been trying to trade up my gaming laptop for some new parts to no avail at the moment hopefully though! I have a sempron 140 is there a thread with batches on unlocked semprons on here?

Unlocking cores sounds like fun I have been trying to trade up my gaming laptop for some new parts to no avail at the moment hopefully though! I have a sempron 140 is there a thread with batches on unlocked semprons on here?

Yes, follow the link I posted above (same as the one in my sig). We don't have a lot of data about the Semprons, but they seem to unlock quite well. I have personally unlocked a Sempron 140 just fine.

I bought two of these from superbiiz for 37 bucks a pop, hoping they would unlock, but no dice on my 785gtm-e45. :(

All four of my cpu's are: CACUC AC 0946BPMW

interesing to see if they unlock and how high overclocks.

my current mobo has a 265-275fsb limit, hopefuly my M4A78-E gives more fsb.

as you can see in unlock thread the cpu unlocked to quad with L3 and 11*265, the mobo is the limitation.

one wierd thing that I found out is that when I use a application that uses lots of processor power in taskmanager under performance tab it says 50% cpu usage but when I go to processes the application uses 28% and ff uses 2% and others use 0%.

so what could cause the 20% difference? defective cores?
As according processes only 30% used but in performance tab in taskmanager it says 50%

Back