Custom Wood case mod "Dragon Blood"!

Hi, Here some pix that i'm start work on Black series 21 wood case base, top, front and back panel. It is Wenge and curly maple wood.

Top after finish coat
100_3628.jpg

Top corner
100_3629.jpg

Bottom glued and clamp.
100_3631.jpg

Bottom after cut 10 degree off on edge.
100_3637.jpg

Bottom after finish coat.
100_3646.jpg

100_3642.jpg

Just received front and back panel from DD!

100_3735.jpg

Glue frame on both edge

100_3737.jpg

Almost done!

100_3739.jpg

100_3740.jpg

100_3792.jpg

Add tiger maple wood veneer on both side of radiator

100_3894.jpg

Here final pix!

100_4259.jpg

100_4270.jpg

100_4260.jpg

100_4264.jpg

100_4271.jpg

Won Case mod contest! Will be on CPU Magazine front cover in April or May 2010....
4284670142_2667399eab_o.jpg

100_4249-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
You certainly deserve it. That's an awesome case, very well designed too. I love how the sides are plexi, yet you still managed some awesome cable management.

Props man!

very nice, did you make the dragon yourself? almost would go unnoticed in a Chinese restaurant i would think.

Case looks great and agreed on the nice wiring job. I see you got CCFLs in there, PICS! Show us that baby lit up in the dark!

Also, I'm curious about a couple things.

1) do all fans, both the rad and hdd fans, blow outward? I know for some people's homes dust isn't a problem, but w/o a dedicated intake dust usually accumulates in every lil' nook 'n' cranny. Since your custom has no dust filters and is tightly packed, I could see this as being a pain.

2) why are the PCIe power leads going to the top vid card Corsair's stock PSU stuff, but the bottom vid card's connections are not?

Last edited:
Case looks great and agreed on the nice wiring job. I see you got CCFLs in there, PICS! Show us that baby lit up in the dark!

Also, I'm curious about a couple things.

1) do all fans, both the rad and hdd fans, blow outward? I know for some people's homes dust isn't a problem, but w/o a dedicated intake dust usually accumulates in every lil' nook 'n' cranny. Since your custom has no dust filters and is tightly packed, I could see this as being a pain.

2) why are the PCIe power leads going to the top vid card Corsair's stock PSU stuff, but the bottom vid card's connections are not?

Answer
1. one Fan from HDD go in case, and 3 120mm fan on Radiator blow outward. Dust seem not problem, if use air pressure clean it up every 3 months.

2. Yes there pcie power on both gtx 295 co op, one pcie power cable on top gpu pcie power cable come from build in psu, and other one on 2nd gpu is modular pcie cable.

Thanks!

i see a plumming prblem on the gpu's is on hotter the the other looks to me like the flow is wrong

what i was thinking was, were the bottom card connects to the top card on the left you could seperate it there put an a L juntion from the top card in for the feed to the south bridge would neaten the pipes ethern more and give better flow

i like the rad the only one i have seen with intake at one end and the out at the other

He is doing parrellel flow on the video cards. This is actually a really good setup for cooling GPUs, as you get equal flow thru both cards, assuming equal resistance. In general you get less loss of coolant flow rate for the whole system running with parallel cooling on the GPUs.

Crossflow radiator. many available from Hardware labs.

Saw this case at PDXLan and it is even better looking in person.

Awesome design and build. I would paint the dvd case black and flush mount it with a wood front to match though.

Awesome design and build. I would paint the dvd case black and flush mount it with a wood front to match though.

Yeah was plan to paint on dvd drive case, but not this one cuz plan to upgrade better one. After upgrade gonna paint black on it. :) Thanks for advice!

nVIDIASLiRig, I must hereby demand that you post sweet pics of your case glowing in the dark, or forfeit Dragon Blood to me. I'll pay shipping of course to help expedite matters.

Okay so I had to try, just show us some pics. Do it man, be a rock star!

you basically ruined the case the instant you put a dragon on it

scrape it off, pretend it never happened and you're golden

you basically ruined the case the instant you put a dragon on it

scrape it off, pretend it never happened and you're golden

Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and Liu Kang will kick you ass for such sacrilege!

I'd love to see a separate window etching of a Viking with horns and an axe about to cleave a tree in half or maybe Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, but that's just me.

Absolutely B E A UTIFUL..... much props to you dude for some well earned hard work recognition.

The case looks so small when you're standing next to it :p

100_4271.jpg

This is the best pic.

Noone ever gets to see the cool underside components!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/jordan23james/100_4271.jpg

This is the best pic.

Noone ever gets to see the cool underside components!

Usually because that's where the cable mess is :p

nice mod there....and I hope you can sell that.....i need to do a crazy mod.....lol....

Back