Frys B&M Intel Celeron Dual Core E1400+Motherboard 35 AR, 45 BR

An MSI G31 board would be a step-up, I think, from my ECS/Via890 board.

But, the E2140 vs. E1400 is a tough sell for an HTPC....

Hm.

-bZj

Thanks, picked one up for a second HTPC running XBMC.

Haven't tried HD playback with the on board graphics as I already had a 9500gt to throw in there, but so far it's working great.

Interesting note, that stock cooler bends the crap out of the mobo, I was a little scared when my roommate pointed it out, but it still works fine.

6-8 ports is nice for a WHS box, but with drive capacities as large as they are, 4 ports would be plenty with 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0TB drives. (for most people).

I realize there are the more [H] among us that would need much more, but I still believe this to be the exception, not the rule. :D

Got mine 8 hrs prime stable at 2.8GHz on stock HSF.

Runs windows at 3.0GHz, but the 2nd core fails prime after a few minutes. 2.9 might be stable.
There are no voltage adjustments in the BIOS so the chip could probably go higher but I am limited by voltage.

Maybe an updated bios will add volt control?
Still a great deal even if not.

My closest local fry's:p was OOS on new in box motherboards and the salesperson there told me to come back later in the week, but I did some looking around myself and they had a shit ton of Open Box motherboards.

I picked up one of those open boxes. As far as I can tell the mobo I got was never taken out of the anti-static bag.

I'm looking to purchase one of these motherboards for $30 if you guys don't want the motherboard.

go online, add both parts into cart, checkout using store pickup. that is how i check :)
Well I typically wouldnt trust this but I took a chance:

Last night and today says in stock for the CPU: (and MB, those are still in stock)
http://shop4.frys.com/wf?a=STORE_INV_CHECK,w=CHECKOUT&x=19879965:3:2114073.0

So I went to both the Sacramento and Roseville stores.. both OOS :( I wouldnt trust the website, particularly for something that sells as fast as these combos. The sales reps said these went CRAZY fast on Friday, they got more stock, relisted the product for Sunday, and I guess I was too late for that stock.

Dude at the Sacramento store was a douchebag, basically said too bad so sad get here earlier. Dude at the Roseville store was nice, and said that the deal is good till Thursday, and they expect to have more E1400's in sometime before then (couldnt say when)

I thought it interesting that they ran out of CPU's before boards on this one, recently its been the other way around.

Back