Antec ISK 310-150

With the silver one you don't have to flip a door down to access the slim drive. Personally I prefer black though.

Well you're right about the PSU but i don't mean to add 3.5" drives in there anyway and the drive cage is easy enough to remove.

They should have redesigned it to fit the big shuriken at the very least.

I still want a review though, the idea of a PC this small with a decent graphics card ("decent" for casual gaming and older games is good enough for my bedroom)

If a GT220 works i'd get one ASAP, maybe with a Zotac H55 and an i5 :D

It can't do enough for me to warrant looking into it more. Not for the [H]ard guys in my opinion :)

not every [H] guy builds PCs for gaming, overclocking and benching, people build PCs for friends, brothers, sisters, grandparents.

I'd stick w/ the less fugly 300.

Really? I have no interest, me personally, in the 300 since I think it looks pretty ugly. I'm all over the 310 though since I think it has a nice, classic, clean style.

not every [H] guy builds PCs for gaming, overclocking and benching, people build PCs for friends, brothers, sisters, grandparents.
Good point but I was just saying that it isn't really for the enthusiast. I'm just trying to be cute with the wording :)

Really? I have no interest, me personally, in the 300 since I think it looks pretty ugly. I'm all over the 310 though since I think it has a nice, classic, clean style.
Every case is said to be "fugly". Since I've been here I don't think there has been one case SFF case that everyone agreed was good looking... or even mostly agreed.

Every case is said to be "fugly". Since I've been here I don't think there has been one case SFF case that everyone agreed was good looking... or even mostly agreed.

lol Which seems to be true of every case too. I don't know, I dig the 310. :)

Personally I am going to use the 310 as a little HTPC. I think it will look wonderful next to or on top of my NSK2480 :).

son of a bitch, I see this as I'm setting up my Antec Remote 350 and Gigabyte H55 board
think I'm gonna get this case and the Zotac H55 ITX

what kind of optical drive do you need? regular slim drive or slot loading?

I'd buy the zotac now if it was available, but I'm tired of waiting and ready to build so I think I might go antec remote micro atx.

I'd buy the zotac now if it was available, but I'm tired of waiting and ready to build so I think I might go antec remote micro atx.
yeah it looks like the ISK doesnt have a built in IR receiver

yeah it looks like the ISK doesnt have a built in IR receiver

Is that really much of a problem? Just hide the little receiver under the TV or something. Other then that, the ISK uses laptop drives so you can pick a tray loader or a slot loader. I'd go slot since it looks cleaner. :)

Last edited:
Is that really much of a problem? Just hide the little receiver under the TV or something. Other then that, the ISK uses laptop drives so you can pick a slot loader or a slot loader. I'd go slot since it looks cleaner. :)
slot loader or slot loader? :confused:

Tray loader. lol I have no idea how that happened! Swore I wrote tray the first time....
well it looks like the cover on the DVD slot pops off anyway, so I don't see the point of the 310 over the 300
the 300 is black so it would be a lot easier to find a matching drive

No, it is not fanless, it has a 80mm fan.

p1010245z.jpg

p1010241s.jpg

Does the case have vents on both sides? I think ISK 300-65 does not

Does the case have vents on both sides? I think ISK 300-65 does not
Yes, the 300-150 does have vents on both sides. The PSU fan is actually pretty quiet at idle temps. Not sure if it ramps up under load.

I damaged the faceplate locking mechanism while building this. If anyone has an idea how to fix it, please let me know. Can't think of a good mod for it.

Yes, the 300-150 does have vents on both sides. The PSU fan is actually pretty quiet at idle temps. Not sure if it ramps up under load.

I damaged the faceplate locking mechanism while building this. If anyone has an idea how to fix it, please let me know. Can't think of a good mod for it.
can you tell what size of fan the PSU uses?
I'm guessing 80x15

they went for a psu...they should have gone at least 250w I think. Maybe it has decent amp rating on the 12v rails, can you post that info?

O what the hell, not a PICO PSU? Then the ISK300-150 would be the same as well.

And 250w for what? An i7 920 with half the case chopped up for the video card...?

Last edited:
they went for a psu...they should have gone at least 250w I think. Maybe it has decent amp rating on the 12v rails, can you post that info?

From the manual, it states 10A on the +12V rail, so not too bad.

why? a typical H55 system isn't going to exceed 100 watts
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1019-page5.html

There are people installing low profile cards in there and video cards need amperage on 12v rails, many cheap PSUs have 500w, and most of the juice on 5v and 3v rails. In the long run either the PSU or the GPU dies.

10A should be enough for the current lp cards as the 5570/5450 or the G210/GT220

can you tell what size of fan the PSU uses?
I'm guessing 80x15
It is a 80mm, but I can't tell the thickness. My feeble attempt to remove and replace the PSU fan failed. There isn't an obvious way to take the PSU chassis apart. Then again I didn't try very hard.

It is a 80mm, but I can't tell the thickness. My feeble attempt to remove and replace the PSU fan failed. There isn't an obvious way to take the PSU chassis apart. Then again I didn't try very hard.

I took mine apart. There is a screw that is covered by a "if removed, your warrenty is voided" sticker. ;). Once you get this out of the way you slide it around a bit and can get inside of the PSU. I can post pictures if needed/wanted. I am most likely going to replace the fan inside of the PSU.

I wouldn't mind a pic of the PSU label if possible, just to check what brand/model Antec are using.

Has anyone got a build like this:

- Zotac H55/Intel DH57JG
- 4GB RAM
- Intel Core i3 530
- ATI HD 5570

I'm looking into such build but dunno if it will be too much for the PSU. IGP graphics will be disabled of course so there is more headroom than expected. i3 530's TDP is 73w for the complete package and the 5570 cannot exceed 75w (it's more like 50w I have read) so it should be doable

I'm considering the same build, but with the ECS board. I'm a bit leery of the stock PSU being able to handle the load... would like *some* headroom for light overclocking.

Aside from the PSU issue, I've still got heatsink clearance to deal with. Height isn't a problem so much as width with the socket smashed right up to the PCIE slot. :(

If i ever end up finding a suitable AMD mini-itx board, this case will probably house my main rig, i'm thinking low power AMD quad core, 4gb of ram, an SSD for boot, a smallish hdd (250-320 gb) for local file storage (rest goes on the server anyway)

if only i could find a good amd board, the only boards available here cost a ton, and then compromise on issues that i dont want compromised (only a single dimm slot, old am2 chipset, using sodimm memory while i have 2x2gb ddr2 for re-use)

The shitty thing is, zotac has several boards i would be willing to try, but here in europe all i can find are the intel ones, and no US reseller willing to ship to here..

Back