5870 ... Discolored text problem

rUmX

Gawd
I went from a GTX295 to a Radeon 5870 today. I installed the latest Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix drivers, but I am having some display issues. Text here and there, appear to be discolored, randomly. Instead of trying to explain, take a look at the shot below:

ati.jpg

Where you are supposed to read "Screen Resolution" ... the color is off and unreadable. I get these all over, and randomly. I'm not sure what's up. Has anyone seen this before? I didn't change anything besides uninstalling nvidia drivers, swap video cards, and then installed ATI drivers. The cables are the same. I'm not sure if it's a hardware/cable/software/driver problem. Since I'm actually able to take a sceenshot of it occuring, it can't be my monitor (hardware), so definitely software (drivers).

Anyone have any advice?

As you said, it's more than likely a driver problem. As much as I love my card, they do have one huge problem. Every time AMD fixes one issue, there seems to be another one to take its place. My advice is to use the WHQL 9.12s or the 10.1 betas. Since you've gone from Nvidia to AMD on the same OS install, give Driver Sweeper a run. There's usually a butt load of registry entries left over, even after you uninstall the drivers, and it can cause a conflict with the new ones. If all else fails, and you have some time, a clean install of Windows will get rid of it.

Back