KeePass Vs. LastPass

ZzBloopzZ

[H]ard|Gawd
I need to start organizing all of my passwords. I now have to keep track of certain client passwords and some that are mandatory that I cannot change. I can't remember them all! I am debating to use KeePass or LastPass.

KeePass is a great FREE, open source password manager. It works on many different platforms and better than Password Safe IMO. It is also very secure.

LastPass, is the free alternative to RoboForm. RoboForm is still the best it seems, but not free. :D Well there is a free version of it but it only holds 10 passwords. LastPass is a combination of offline/online and can synchronize across multiple computers/browsers. It seems to be secure per https://lastpass.com/whylastpass_technology.php

I know KeePass has an amazing rep, and I like how one can store serial numbers, attach files and notes. I was thinking maybe I can put the encrypted database on my Dropbox account so that it'll be always in sync with my laptop.

Has anyone used LastPass, what is your experience with it? I will most likely go with KeePass, but figured I'd make a post first. I use to use KeePass but never ended reinstalling after a reformat.

Last edited:
I went through this a couple years ago, i have used roboform since it came out, lets just say i never paid for it. But i was getting tired and more tired of trying to make it work "for free" , i tried all the others and they dont compare at all. Roboform is still top notch and in the end its one of the few pieces of software i have purchased.

its cheap enough, just do it

I think LastPass is fantastic. Very easy to use, more secure than storing passwords in the browser itself and works on about 95% of the sites I go to. They even have a Grid plug-in to do multi-factor.

The form filler is pretty awesome as well.

+1 for LastPass

I love keepass, works plenty good for me.

I throw the database in my sync folder (I sync with sugarsync) and it is on all my machines. Works great for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

I ended up going with KeePass w/ Dropbox. Works great for my needs! I am also now using it to keep track of software serial numbers and other confidential notes.

I went through this a couple years ago, i have used roboform since it came out, lets just say i never paid for it. But i was getting tired and more tired of trying to make it work "for free" , i tried all the others and they dont compare at all. Roboform is still top notch and in the end its one of the few pieces of software i have purchased.

its cheap enough, just do it

I want to ask a question about robo form. Can i restrict access to certian passwords for different users?

I've been very happy with password safe. The program is open source and highly portable. I carry it around on my USB key.

Back