Logitech G15 problems, numlock stuck on and l/r arrow keys not working.

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
Having a major problem with my G15 keyboard. It started happening a few weeks ago and I can't for the life of me figure out what happened to it.

For some reason the numlock is stuck on so I can not use the numpad correctly.

the other problem is the arrow keys, the left/right arrow keys won't do anything (up/down work fine).

This is a MAJOR problem because I can't do thigns like fiddle with my bios or anything as it's dependent on using arrow keys to switch between menu's and things.

I have tried uninstalling my keyboard, uninstalling the logitech software and reinstalling it, nothing has worked.

I also have noticed a problem, everytime I start up the lcd manager it pops up with a "Failed to load launcher dll, the specified module could not be found."

I can't figure this out either, as I've reinstalled all the software and everythinga nd ti still does this.

Trouble shoot. Test for a software/driver issue first, then move on to mechanical:

1) Uninstall the Logitech software and test it using only windows drivers - if it works fine, you've found your problem; if not, move on to step 2.

2) Test with a USB-PS2 adapter to see if your computer has an issue with USB keyboards - If it works fine, you've found your problem (and if all else fails, you can still use the keyboard through the PS2 connection); if not, move on to step 3.

3) Try another usb keyboard (if you don't have one, just pick up a cheapy @ newegg or something, you can find them for 6 or 7 bucks; or borrow one from a friend) - if it works, it is probably a mechanical problem with the G15. To be sure, move on to step 4.

4) Test G15 on another computer (laptop will work, a friends computer will too) - If it works, then your computer has some sort of conflict with the keyboard. If not, then the problem is mechanical. see step 5.

5) Pop the keys off and give the insides a good cleaning (just blow it out. Also, it might be a good idea to take a picture of the keyboard to use as a reference when putting the keys back on). Make sure there's nothing crammed under the problem keys, blocking the connection. Put it back together and Re-test. - If it works, you've solved your problem.

If none of that works, your probably screwed lol. Sometimes keyboards just die. Check with Logitech and see if your warranty is still good. If not, you are just going to have to get another keyboard (or just use the cheapy). C'est La Vie.

This might sound strange but take your G15 and with your right hand on the right and your left hand on the left edge of the keyboard gently torque it to bend the keyboard. I did this and it fixed some strange issues I was having with it. I hope this helps..

If you junk it out I'll take the ribbon from the LCD screen..... :)

Back