XFX 5850 Serious Artifacts in Crysis Wars

bbdud3

n00b
When playing Crysis Wars on my XFX 5850, I get serious graphical anomalies. Things in the distance, especially fog and clouds, flicker a whole lot. I first got this in the map, "Peak." Here are pictures:

2upvh3q.jpg

2a0hx0m.jpg

kaogt4.jpg

And then in the map "Savanna":

2uny97b.jpg

r1h861.jpg

As you can see, my temps are perfectly reasonable. I noticed that in the Savanna map, the flickering goes away when I get up close to a brush. Also, in the Peak map, the flickering clouds/fog goes away when I put the Volumetric setting at its lowest level. This leads me to believe that the problems are directly related to the volumetric clouds and the fog. I'm running Cat 9.12's. Is anyone else with an XFX 5850 (or any 5800 series card for that matter) having issues similar to mine? This is literally the only game I have graphical problems with, so I'm really hoping the problem is driver or software-based. Thanks for any help guys.

if temps are fine then its drivers or game software if not its hardware[ the card] , I think drivers.

Crysis does put a load on the gpu like no other. I think Dirt 2 might be demanding as well. Have you noticed any issues at all in other games?

Back