iPhone 2G questions

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1
Ive got my 2G jailbroken and unlocked.....I installed the thing needed to unlock MMS messaging on the phone, but it doesnt actually do anything. I have the option to add pictures to my texts, and it starts to send, but it gets to about 9/10 of the way through sending and fails, even when in 5 bars of reception....on AT&T.....the plan I have does have MMS included, unlimited texting and all that(no data, i disabled that)......any ideas ?

Did you put the MMS settings in for AT&T?
APN: wap.cingular;
Username: [email protected];
Password which is case sensitive: CINGULAR1;
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com;
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

where on the phone do I input these ?(didnt know about it, figured since it was an AT&T phone that I just jailbroke/unlocked the settings would still be there)

I looked at that guide, the ActivateMMS2g is no longer in Cydia, at least not under any of the packages I have(which does include ISpazio).....I used this guide to do it: http://www.redmondpie.com/enable-mms-on-iphone-2g-3.1.2-firmware-q859/
but....there is no Cellular Data Network option in my settings..the guide said go to:
Settings –> General –> Network –> Cellular Data Network

could it be because I disabled the EDGE APN ???? if so, would quickly enabling it again, and setting the correct settings for MMS, and disabling it again(EDGE that is)? Worst case I can live w/o picture messaging, cant live with EDGE(costs outweigh the benefits for me)

I have not disabled the EDGE APN and still have the same problem you are seeing with the "Cellular Data Network" setting not showing up... confused.

EDIT: Just saw one of the user posts that say "THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR AT&T" bummer

Back