Demon's Souls

doox00

2[H]4U
Wow, this game is awesome and totally fucking frustrating all at the same time. I have not even been able to make it through the first level yet. I get pretty far in and something kills me.. so you have to start the entire level over again. Am I missing something or is this just the way it is? repeating the same thing over and over again though is getting old.

you are suppose to learn from your death and not die in next attempt

well I have made it to the bridge where the dragon comes out, will try again tomorrow.. to frustrated right now :) Took a long time for me to make it this far lol.. just not good at these games apparently.. fun though but fuck.. tired of clearing the same areas over and over.

Just passed that area you get to open the gate to the final boss. Then if you die you just have to go past the first couple enemies to be at the boss.

I also had a really tough time with this game at first. I don't play games nearly as much as I used to, so I think I have just lost some skill. Once I completed the first level, things became a lot easier for me though. I just sort of "got it" after that. I still died some, but not nearly as much as I did in the first level.

well I have made it to the bridge where the dragon comes out, will try again tomorrow.. to frustrated right now :) Took a long time for me to make it this far lol.. just not good at these games apparently.. fun though but fuck.. tired of clearing the same areas over and over.

Once you beat that level, when you go to the nexus you'll be able to level up. So it's not as bad, since you can usually spend your souls before losing too many.

I started over 3 times because I couldn't decide what class I liked, or I killed the merchant in 1-1 by mistake. Finally settled on a barbarian, got plate armor, and starting to get the hang of it.

You guys remember how to open the gate to the left side of the bridge at the VERY beginning of 1-1? It's a small courtyard with a bunch of wooden scaffolding that looks like it would be used to hang/execute people. These tougher red ghouls warp in when you get too close, and executioner Matilda is waiting around a corner? I had that section opened earlier, but I don't remember what I did, if anything, to open that gate.

Also, what does it take for a barbarian to start using spells/miracles? I brought up int, faith, and magic to 10, buy myself a spell, but I don't see where I'd add it to my d-pad binding.

I think that gate becomes open in pure white world tendency.

You need a catalyst (wand) equipped to cast spells.

I think that gate becomes open in pure white world tendency.

You need a catalyst (wand) equipped to cast spells.

Ahh I thought so. I noticed that gate was closed and dragons were all over the place recently. It's been pure white for the past few days.

I started over 3 times because I couldn't decide what class I liked, or I killed the merchant in 1-1 by mistake. Finally settled on a barbarian, got plate armor, and starting to get the hang of it.

You guys remember how to open the gate to the left side of the bridge at the VERY beginning of 1-1? It's a small courtyard with a bunch of wooden scaffolding that looks like it would be used to hang/execute people. These tougher red ghouls warp in when you get too close, and executioner Matilda is waiting around a corner? I had that section opened earlier, but I don't remember what I did, if anything, to open that gate.

Also, what does it take for a barbarian to start using spells/miracles? I brought up int, faith, and magic to 10, buy myself a spell, but I don't see where I'd add it to my d-pad binding.

I started with a barbarian and I just died so easily/quick. I restarted with a hunter.. I am doing better with him but I am still not good lol I am up to the bridge with the dragon in level 1 still hehe

When/where did you get armor btw? after the first level is done?

Ahh I thought so. I noticed that gate was closed and dragons were all over the place recently. It's been pure white for the past few days.

Special event for Xmas made all worlds white. (Easier enemies, special things open)

You shoulda been there for Halloween. All worlds were black (Harder enemies and special things open)

As for the dragon, and lots of other parts of the game, it is about TIMING. Peek out and watch when the dragon circles. Run and stop for nothing when he starts to circle away from you.

The treasure on the bridge can only be gotten when the dragon is dead or pure white tendency when there is no dragons.

Is there a way to know when the tendencies will change? What if I take my PS3 offline, and change its clock to Christmas again? :)

Won't work. It checks the servers to establish global events like that.
With a lot of work, you can force the worlds to change tendency on your own. Check the demon's souls wiki.

I started with a barbarian and I just died so easily/quick. I restarted with a hunter.. I am doing better with him but I am still not good lol I am up to the bridge with the dragon in level 1 still hehe

When/where did you get armor btw? after the first level is done?

I started with a Thief and didn't really like his short range play style and clumsy bow. Barbarians, I read, have the toughest time starting out. Little to no equipment, nice stats, but die quickly without armor. I played up to 2-1 without armor, which was a helluva challenge. Restarted when I found out I killed the guy that could give me plate armor.

There's a merchant looking ghoul guy at 1-1 behind a bunch of crates and wooden planks:

After the part where a soldier tries to crush you with a giant boulder, you run up to the ramparts, there are a bunch of catapults, and a knight with a claymore (blue baddie, probably the first one you fight outside of the tutorial), you kill him, go past down the stairs, turn left and then there are a bunch of explosive barrels (I left the warning about the trap here for the nublets). Walk near so the guy throws the firebomb, jump back and wait for the explosion to clear, kill the guard, then turn right and there's a long hallway with a speared soldier and another soldier lying in wait on the left halfway down the hall. Kill them both, then halfway down the hall, turn right and there's a room barricaded with a ton of wood. Smash through it, and talk to the ghoul in there. He'll sell you armor, weapons, and misc items.

First time through I accidentally killed him... he doesn't respawn...

Last edited:
woohoo, finally made it past the first level playing as a priest.

When you guys level up, what stats are you working on mostly?

My current character is a barbarian, so I'm leveling his strength, vitality, and endurance mostly. I'd like him to be able to cast at least one spell/miracle, so I'll bring up his intelligence and faith to at least 10.

Anyone need help completing 1-2? It's the boss with the Tower Knight (the huge Knight). I was killed in 2-1 the other night, and went blue phantom 5 times yesterday. Died once (dragon dogged my game to <10fps allowing crossbowmen to riddle me with bolts, that's my story and sticking to it). The next couple of times, the hosts flaked, and the one time we killed the boss, the game ended before we were rewarded...

Can team up with someone around 2:30PM (pacific).

Not gonna lie; this game is pissing me off lol. When you spend 45-60mins clearing an area and you die from a trap *right* before the boss and have to start over...:mad:. So far I've tried out Royal and Knight but not really digging either. One is too brittle and the other is too slow. I might give Soldier a go if he can roll/dodge better than the Knight.

I might give Soldier a go if he can roll/dodge better than the Knight.

Soldier uses slightly worse armor than the Knight, but it's still heavy armor, so they both dodge the same.

I beat the game as a Soldier using no magic, just gotta keep at it. The hardest boss without a doubt was Flamelurker, since I refused to exploit him at the bones.

I think dodging comes down to your endurance/equipment burden. Everyone can dodge as well as anyone else as long as your endurance/equip burden stats is enough for what you're wearing.

Try a Royal. It will make starting the game much easier with the Soul Arrow and Fragrant Ring he starts with.

lol...I made it through: 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-1 as a thief. Then I realized you weren't supposed to consume the souls you get from the bosses cause they're used for spells and end-game weapons :mad:. Back to the drawing board.

Well not all of the items made from Boss Souls will be relevant to your class.

lol...I made it through: 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-1 as a thief. Then I realized you weren't supposed to consume the souls you get from the bosses cause they're used for spells and end-game weapons :mad:. Back to the drawing board.

I did this too, but to a lesser degree. my main gripe with the game is that it does not tell you what weapons you could make with various materials. its forces you to check websites or have the collecters edition of the game.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I think thats part of the game though, you are supposed to figure that all out yourself.

Not that I didn't look it up online;)

I think thats part of the game though, you are supposed to figure that all out yourself.

Not that I didn't look it up online;)

you can't even carry enough stuff to just figure it out on your own though. its only through dumb luck or online research that people would even know you can combine soul x w/ wet noodle +7 to make a magic weapon.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Tried my luck at invading other people's games last night, got my ass handed to me 4 times. No fair when they're rolling with 1 or 2 blue phantoms!

Yeah, they should have had team invasions. :D

Well at least they put me out of my misery quickly. I once ran into an annoying thief character who would just run away from me. At a certain distance he'd go invisible, either the veil spell or thief's ring, not sure. But that was annoying as shit being a melee character. I almost white stoned out of there, before he miraculously killed me...

Yea, I got owned by Black Phantoms a lot. I have a feeling daggers aren't the best PvP weapon. I don't think I've ever made it more than a minute or two in 4-1 without having someone invade lol.

Yea, I got owned by Black Phantoms a lot. I have a feeling daggers aren't the best PvP weapon. I don't think I've ever made it more than a minute or two in 4-1 without having someone invade lol.

I was invading like mad in 3-1. And 3 of the 4 people knew where I'd spawn too.

Back