SilverStone SG07 - New Mini-itx case

looks deeper case than the others that would be a big bonus .

Jen

It's probably a SG05 w/ a few differences:

- longer to accomodate longer video cards
- includes the 450W SFX PSU that's supposed to be released soon

I hope Lian-Li's replacement for the PC-Q07 comes out soon. That's supposed to be a nice case.

I hope Lian-Li's replacement for the PC-Q07 comes out soon. That's supposed to be a nice case.
this is probably exactly what it is with a new bezel. I'm really hoping for another fan...like 80mm on the top or something but I"m not counting on it.

The more mini-itx cases the better, I really hope this segment grows like matx did.

Awesome, more space for GPUs and more space for the h50, so far so good!

PC-Q08

The more mini-itx cases the better, I really hope this segment grows like matx did.
Silverstone has been the leader in SFF DIY for awhile. They had the SG01 back when mATX was first starting out. Now they are the first with DIY mini-itx. I think it is safe to say they are doing this because they know mini-itx is the new SFF. In 5 years mini-itx will be where mATX is now...mark my words :)

Silverstone has been the leader in SFF DIY for awhile. They had the SG01 back when mATX was first starting out. Now they are the first with DIY mini-itx. I think it is safe to say they are doing this because they know mini-itx is the new SFF. In 5 years mini-itx will be where mATX is now...mark my words :)

We better be able to buy motherboards with better built in audio then!

yeah, the DFI has pretty good audio.

By the way, no specs until CES 2010! Sorry but they wanna keep it a secret :)

i'm looking forward2this sg08. if it's well, it should serve as a home to my new dfi mini itx =)
if not. guess i'll have to go with sg06, which isn't bad in any way =)

If they get rid of the plastics then this would be an actual upgrade from a SG05. I'm also pretty sure this version comes with the new PSU.

catturaef.jpg

Windows version ???? :D

Im woting for SG05 and 06 with 450W psu rebranded :)

and that would just be awsome, if thats a picture of an sg07 it seems a littlelonger?? we might be talking rom for a 5870?

I never belived as it was said that the 450W psu only was ment for an 05-06 upgrade, it has to be included in a new case and this is it :D

So ugly it is gorgeous! Very Empire look to the face plate.

face is definitly ugly what are they thinking ? everything else is about the way i would have built a case to allow for biggest heatsink and cooling possible

Jen

Well I hear that they actually JUST put it together for CES. This is a 'prototype' so the face might change.

I hope so, because the front just -kills- me.

that's one of the ugliest cases I've seen in a while, and Silverstone is usually known for their clean, stylistic cases

this is a disappointment if it's what the final product will be like

looks like a squid exploded in there or something. Wiring looks terrible. But then again, it is a SFF build.

I dunno. Last year when they revealed the SG04, it was ugly. The final product was basically the same as what was revealed at CES.

Hah those shuttle deals are only going to be rmakes of their old stuff except ITX compatible, so once their half assed mobo blows up, you can stuff your own ITX solution in there, Good deals!

Seriously, Shuttle has something there with it's built in PSU / HSF setup.

I would probably go that way if Shuttle's HSF solution was better than a Corsair H50!

As for the Sugo SG07, it would be nice if they gave it a SG-06 front. I hate grey plastics on my cases. Makes it look like some cheap Thermaltake case.

face is definitly ugly what are they thinking ? everything else is about the way i would have built a case to allow for biggest heatsink and cooling possible

Jen
If you look at the picture of it on post #16 the face is solid black and this new picture has that ugly gray on it. If you look at it real close (the gray part) it looks like someone did a cheap paint job on it just for the convention !!!!

Actually looks decent to me. The black faceplate looks much better and I'd consider this case. Fits my needs better than existing cases.

yeah yeah yeah, everything thinks ever case is ugly...we get it.

No specs so I don't know if it support 1 HDD or 1 HDD and 2 SSD like the other SG0xs

A good comparison shot here

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/ces2010/images/silverstone05.htm

It does look big compared to the SG01. I'm curious why the didn't stick with their new 450w PSU coming out. I've got lots of questions for SilverStone :)

Thank you Scott, that was a great shot.
Now I'm not so sure what to think. It's not that much smaller than the SG01.
And it packs far less functionalities due to the limitations of the mini ITX...
I was pretty excited at first but now, It looks like it is much bigger than the SG05 that you see in the background.
With the new PSU coming for the SG05, will less than 150W (considering a mni ITX setup) really make a difference?
I mean, it's almost enough to be able to fit a 5850 / 5870 in a mini ITX case. Not that a 5970 is not nice. But it's obviously very long and bulky.
We are at the point where Mini ATX cross Micro ATX.

It does look like it supports only 1 x 3.5" HDD as you don't have enough space to slide one 2.5" next to it. On the other hand, if they increase the height of the case, they could fit 2. But then you might as well get the SG01 which is very good to start with.

Last edited:
Back