How to record xbox gameplay?

imgneevrythng

Weaksauce
Im wondering how i can record gameplay from my Xbox to my pc. The way i have my stuff set up now is...

i have my LCD tv, the 360 is plugged into the component, my HD cable box is in one HDMI output, and my computer is hooked up via the other HDMI output.

the video card that is in my computer (radeon 4850) has 2 display outputs. i have my monitor plugged into one, and the HDMI adapter/TV plugged into the other.

is there any way i can record to the computer what i see on my TV when i play xbox, without having to buy an additional tuner card?

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/how-to-record-gameplay/59014

How to Record Gameplay
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 @ 03:31 AM
this is a fantastically made video by Justin Snyder of teamcompete.com giving a detailed and thourough explaination on how to record your own gameplay experiences from an xbox 360, ps3, etc., to your computer for others to see on the internet or for any personal use such as movie making.

ive seen other videos like this. what im asking is, is there a way to record WITHOUT having to buy a dazzle or an additional tuner card?

i have my TV connected to my video card via an HDMI cable. and have my xbox connected to my TV with component.

this is esstentially the same thing as setting up with a tuner card, or even with the dazzle. the only difference between what i have and the dazzle, is the dazzle connects via usb.

no, you would need the TV to take the component input and pass that out of the tv via HDMI and have a capture device on the other end....just no....sorry

the video card on your computer only outputs, it doesn't accept a signal into the computer, to do hdmi capture you'd need a hdmi capture card like a blackmagic intensity pro(also does component capture), I believe they run around $200.

the video card on your computer only outputs, it doesn't accept a signal into the computer, to do hdmi capture you'd need a hdmi capture card like a blackmagic intensity pro(also does component capture), I believe they run around $200.

In addition, your TV (most likely) only has input ports. While they may in fact be connected, it isn't a two way street. For this to work you would also have to have a signal processor in your TV to output the data back to the computer along the HDMI cable (I'm not sure if bi-directional data transfer is even in the spec for HDMI)

Like darkhorse said, even if this DID work and your TV is ultra spiffy, you would still need a card in your computer which accepted information. With the exception of old GPU/Tuner hybrid cards, your standard graphics card is output only.

Do you have a camcorder? I just hook mine up to the tv, record to miniDV then transfer it onto my computer.

yeah you can do that too if you want, many miniDV and HDV camcorders can accept a composite video input and record the signal directly to tape in standard definition.

Back