"Regular" XFX 5870 in stock @ Newegg - $409.99

• Thread starter Deleted member 109755
  • Start date
5850s and 5870s have been staying in stock for the last few days. Is this the beginning of actual supply or are people just not snapping them up right away?

Either way I feel some price drops coming soon :)

It would be a good thing if supply is finally catching up to demand.

Having to pay way over MSRP is simply lame...

Curious why you're interested in another one. Do you play at uber high rez? Not knocking u. I love dual configs.

I play at 1920x1200 on a 26" LG, I don't think that's "super high res" but it's high enough to where some extremely high settings bog it down enough to where I want more framerates.... maybe I'm just elitist, I dunno.

Good thing I ordered when I did, they're back out of stock again....coolest thing happened though, even though it hasn't left the warehouse it shows as "shipped" on a Sunday...showed charged all weekend until this afternoon...so maybe it's actually on the way to me :as of tomorrow.) Next up will be a Corsair Obsidian case to keep all this stuff nice and cool.

I snagged one up, going to sell my 5970 on ebay and pocket the difference.

I can't wait to see what these babies do in XFire, hope my OC is enough :p 3..8 Ghz i5-750

Curious as to why the higher clocked XFX 5870 says "Double Lifetime Warranty" in Newegg's search, but not this one.

All XFX's carry the same lifetime warranty right?

Curious as to why the higher clocked XFX 5870 says "Double Lifetime Warranty" in Newegg's search, but not this one.

All XFX's carry the same lifetime warranty right?

Yes, they all have double lifetime warranties.

Wewt, I got a tracking number and it'll be here Wednesday!!!

Seriously, why do people keep posting this as hot deals, especially when the price is like $40 over the original msrp. Are there that many newegg shills here or what?

It's less about being a "hot deal" as it is more about showing the availability on newegg and various sites that are typically out of stock... I happen to run across it and figured I'd post it here for all to see.

True, they still are a bit 'rare' but I think the excitement behind these cards are starting to simmer down a bit, especially with the GTX285 prices falling down to $319, which offers some what similar performance to the 5870.

True, they still are a bit 'rare' but I think the excitement behind these cards are starting to simmer down a bit, especially with the GTX285 prices falling down to $319, which offers some what similar performance to the 5870.

Good joke.

gtx 285 is similar to 5850, not 5870. I never saw anyones sig with integrated graphics.....whoa. LOL

Seriously, why do people keep posting this as hot deals, especially when the price is like $40 over the original msrp. Are there that many newegg shills here or what?

I'd have to agree, kinda tired of seeing 3-4 zomg zomg zomg 5850\5870 in-stock threads a day. I'd venture to say people looking for these cards are already looking on newegg frequently.

I'd have to agree, kinda tired of seeing 3-4 zomg zomg zomg 5850\5870 in-stock threads a day. I'd venture to say people looking for these cards are already looking on newegg frequently.

I actually find these threads quite useful, and considering it was the best price on the XFX card in stock from a trusted vendor... Its a hot deal.

The excitment has simmered down so much that still no place has them in stock! :) And if they do they're retarded expensive (zzf for instance!)

I actually find these threads quite useful, and considering it was the best price on the XFX card in stock from a trusted vendor... Its a hot deal.

Did you or have you bought one yet? Availability or not you will never convince me above MSRP is a hot deal. I'm just funny that way.

Something like this that's charged above MSRP is obviously not a hot deal, but for enthusiasts that don't mind paying a little extra just to get the said merchandise, knowing the availability is the hot deal.

Did you or have you bought one yet? Availability or not you will never convince me above MSRP is a hot deal. I'm just funny that way.

MSRP has never mattered in the Hot Deals section. This entire section of the forum is centered around price comparisons. The only comparisons you ever see are from one vendor to another. This is the lowest price on an XFX from a trusted e-tailer I have seen, who gives a shit about MSRP if you want the product and its cheaper at Newegg.com than anywhere else?

MSRP has never mattered in the Hot Deals section. This entire section of the forum is centered around price comparisons. The only comparisons you ever see are from one vendor to another. This is the lowest price on an XFX from a trusted e-tailer I have seen, who gives a shit about MSRP if you want the product and its cheaper at Newegg.com than anywhere else?

So did you pony up the cash and get one?

I suspect he's just trying to win the arguement.

5850s and 5870s have been staying in stock for the last few days. Is this the beginning of actual supply or are people just not snapping them up right away?

Either way I feel some price drops coming soon :)

Well its pretty obvious now supply is low and people have second thoughts of overpaying for it.

Ha, I wasn't aware there was an argument. How can anyone argue that its not a hot deal?

B/c its not a deal. The card might be hot to the touch when its on but its no way a hot deal. A hot deal would be BELOW MSRP.

Once again you are focusing on the price aspect of this thread, my intention was not to say this was a great price on said merchandise, but to allow the people of this board to know who had it in stock.... why is that so hard to understand?

Yep, they do that after a while...up until now they had ETA 12/14/09, guess that ain't happenin.

Back