foxconn G41MX-F 2.0

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
so i bought a foxconn mobo from newegg as im trying to build a cheap whs...

well got the mobo.. put e4400 into it, 2 x pc2 5300 memory in it and powered it up as it had onboard video... and viola... up and running..

powered it off and hooked everything else up..

all works good.. so it seems..
go to boot off of the windows home server cd... boots up fine (found out first stage is winpe)
sees my hard drive, formats it and goes on its way....
reboots... starts server 2003 side... this is where the issues arise... sometimes it copies the files then gives the dreaded cant copy file xxxxx.xxx as it is missing or corrupt. Always a different file.... or sometimes I get a bluescreen...

so upon reboot.. I hit F6 to load addidtional storage drivers... well it says there are none... so I used the foxconn cd.. and copied off the floppy drivers to a floppy.... put it in a disk drive and choose A... well it shows a ton of stuff.. this mobo has a ich7... so no matter what I choose it says already has a driver.... and no matter what I do cant get it going..
any ideas?

also tried contacting their tech support which is pathetic.... first no phone number (one listed is disconnected and not even a 800 number)... second... when I email them they reply back to use drivers and give me a link... DUHHHHHH

im so frustrated.... also bought a asus off of ebay but cant even get that powered on... im getting annoyed....any help greatly appreciated

Last edited:
sounds like an issue with bad or misconfigured memory if you're getting random file copy errors and bluescreens. Make sure your BIOS settings are correct for the memory you put in.

If it was a storage controller driver problem, setup wouldn't even see the hard drive.

sounds like an issue with bad or misconfigured memory if you're getting random file copy errors and bluescreens. Make sure your BIOS settings are correct for the memory you put in.

If it was a storage controller driver problem, setup wouldn't even see the hard drive.

well i have the memory setup for auto in the bios...

im trying to install windows xp and that seems to be installing fine..

doing some search online.. it appears that the first part of whs is winpe to which has the drivers... but the server 2003 part is dos based... and I tried the dos drivers from the cd but they didnt work...

im gonna let xp install fully so i can see what controller it reports...

also i couldnt find a ide drive in my house over 40gb so no install of whs will happen!!!! well on the 500gb satas it will if I can only figure this out... I even tried one dimm....and that didnt work... but I only tried a certain set of 5300.. i pulled 2 x 2gb from my gaming rig in sig... so ill try that 6400 memory next to see if that is it...

well i have the memory setup for auto in the bios...

im trying to install windows xp and that seems to be installing fine..

doing some search online.. it appears that the first part of whs is winpe to which has the drivers... but the server 2003 part is dos based... and I tried the dos drivers from the cd but they didnt work...

im gonna let xp install fully so i can see what controller it reports...

also i couldnt find a ide drive in my house over 40gb so no install of whs will happen!!!!

You can usually put Intel SATA controllers into IDE mode and it'll appear to Windows setup as just a plain ordinary PATA controller and drive.

blue screen of death - pfn_list_corrupt

ok so xp didnt install either... so i guess ill try the other set of memory that i have... to see what happens...

blue screen of death - pfn_list_corrupt

ok so xp didnt install either... so i guess ill try the other set of memory that i have... to see what happens...

I'd say that's definitely memory related. Instead of setting the BIOS to auto for memory settings, manually define the voltage and timings to what that particular set of sticks requries. (you'll have to look it up).

I was able to put a patriot extreme memory from my gaming rig... 1- 2gb ddr2 800 memory in now xp installed just fine... gonna install whs....

will report back.. if that is the case... i had just one of the other dimms in and it was erroring out too... so ill have to post up that model memory then....

You can usually put Intel SATA controllers into IDE mode and it'll appear to Windows setup as just a plain ordinary PATA controller and drive.

tried that.. there was normal or compatability mode.. I tried both..
and I even tried before PATA and after PATA and still no go...

but seems it may have been the memory as you recommended

Back