Custom high power handheld Blu-Ray and red lasers FS

MixManSC

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Staff member
As much as I’d like to keep these I’m in need of some extra cash. I’d also like to first and foremost point out that these are NOT toys. The max power you can buy at retail stores is max of 5mw. There are enthusiast sites that sell higher powered ones though but you never really know about the quality. Lasers of this power can cause permanent eye injury, they are illegal to point at any aircraft, and should never be pointed at anyone else. When focused to a sharp point these will easily burn certain things like black materials, they can pop balloons, light matches etc.

Terms – paid in advance in full via PayPal or official USPS Money Order. Shipping is included and will be via USPS Priority Mail. I will not ship these out of the US, sorry but they would probably just be confiscated at customs if I did. Many long time members here at [H] know me very well and know I am trustworthy. Feel free to ask for references. I also have heat and eBay under the same username as here with hundreds of 100% perfect ratings.

Both of the lasers are custom built by LikeItBright from laserpointerforums. His builds are of impeccable quality and always get excellent reviews from the few who own one of his builds. His builds are always highly regarded there. Both are build using Romisen RC-A2 hosts using flexdrive drivers and have beautiful custom precision machined solid copper heatsinks.

The Blu-Ray laser is was set at 120mw and has a 405nm 4x 803T diode. I’ve also bought and upgraded it with the 405-G-1 glass lens mod from Jayrob which increases its power by around 25% bringing it to around 150mw. Jayrobs lens mod - http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-405-g-1-glass-lens-mod-26-28-increase-vs-aixiz-22497.html With the lens and all I have about $200 invested in this one.

The Red laser is set at 280mw 650nm. I forget and don’t have the link anymore on what the diode is. It also has an upgraded lens in it but I forget which but I remember it was rated to increase the power by about 10 to 20%. With the lens and all I have about $150 invested in this one.

I’d like to get $250(REDUCED) $220 for the pair. If you get both then I’ll include a charger for the batteries. Individually - $160(REDUCED) $145 for the Blu-Ray, $115(REDUCED) $105 for the red – individually each will come with a fully charged lithium battery and lens cap. Also I'll include a few uranium doped marbles with the Blu-Ray one. It's in the UV range so anything UV reactive lights up insanely bright when it hits it.

Both lasers have been very well cared for and never had a constant run of more than about 40 to 60 seconds. If you get these do not attempt to run them much longer as doing so will risk overheating the diode. Both are less than a year old and have had very little use, like less than 2 hours total. They are both in perfect working order. The original builder does guarantee his work but he nor I can guarantee these will continue to work forever. Both lasers use a single 14500 3.7v lithium ion rechargeable battery.

I also have a pair of Laserglow Technologies sport glasses. These glasses retail for $90 (although they are near impossible to find now) - they cover 190-532nm at OD 7+ and are top of the line glasses that include a nice case, an insert that you can have prescription lenses made for, and a neck thing. For the above these are only good for the Blu-Ray laser.

I'd like to get $75(REDUCED) $65 shipped for the glasses.

Pictures here…..

http://www.ssns.net/lasers/

Last edited:
Free bump for a very awesome guy....good deals too!

Wow...these are very cool. Can I ask a dumb question - what are they for? :S

Wow...these are very cool. Can I ask a dumb question - what are they for? :S

Well...... cool tech toys for guys. :D hehe.... Thats really it. Some people do use them for legitimate reasons like experiments or astronomy for pointing out stars to others. Honestly though - they are just fun. Light that can instantly start making something smoke and burn a hole in it is just... well.... cool.

Again - they can also be dangerous if not used with care which I made sure to point out. These are far from the little keychain pointers and conference room pointers you can get at gas stations and office supply stores.

Last edited:
Bump for an awesome guy ;)

Got any pics of the marbles in action? I'd actually just buy a marble if they're awesome enough :D

LOL... i was like, "wow, they started making handheld blu-ray players!" bump for a cool toy, friend use to have one... and these can be dangerous!

bump for fellow LPF member. I recently just bought a 162mW Green laser from Optotronics. I love it.

Thanks for the bumps all, and, bump. :)

Cyber Monday Price reduction and bump....

mix, you're selling these?! dude, i love mine. more props to you!

Back