Newegg and Tigerdirect

Remove

Limp Gawd
What happened to the stickies with the latest deals from those retailers? I know they had been rather lame for awhile but I did not expect them to disappear.

lol... Ask Kendrak if you want a full story.... Maybe he has it posted somewhere, but one look at his signuature is all you need to know the full story.

is there more to the story than the copious amounts of bitching there were in seemingly every newegg hot deal posted?

i understand that everyone here wants the best deals, but the newegg deals weren't ever THAT bad and they got met with "warm at best" and "NOT HOT" almost all the time. if i was the guy from newegg that posted here i would just stop altogether.

unless we're talking about like, other advertising on the site that i may be unaware of?

Newegg deals typically involve a decent, but overpriced part (translation: just looking for the fanbois of that brand), and combine it with a crap component (like an ECS motherboard).

Look at it, and realize:
It's gonna fail within 2 months, but not before 1 month.
and
There are ratings below 2 eggs.... and they occupy about 50%...

I doubt boycotting newegg will do any real damage to them.

Newegg has already set an image among many of us as our primary place of purchases. They gain hundred of thousands of orders from all of us and people we refer to. Losing a few hundred won't hurt them one bit.

We can try boycotting but there is alot of us who probably won't join since buying from other places like Tigerdirect charge tax, higher prices on certain items, and/or more expensive shipping charges.

In the end... newegg is in a win-win situation with or without hardforum :(.

Since I live by a Microcenter, I hardly ever shop Newegg any more, so no big deal to me. I used to buy everything from them before I moved to the KC area.

Their deals never looked that good anyways.

NewEgg still has a great selection and great prices most times. I don't get charged tax and more often than not, they ship out of their NJ warehouse and my items arrive in 1-2 days. Amazon or any other site cannot do that for me with standard shipping.

Boycotting Newegg is dumb. They have really good pricing and amazing customer service.

Nice loyality.

Amazon has as good, if not better pricing (when you factor in free prime or free over $25 shipping).

And why is it dumb? I spend thousands of dollars at the Egg a year and I have many friends and family that do the same. If I suggest they switch, that starts to add up to some big money (more so if word travels).

I know a good bit of the folding team has given up/reduced the amount they get from the Egg. If you want to talk about large amount of money spent by a few people that is one place.

I've also (along with others) told many on the forum. This will have some impact. I'm not saying this will drive them under by any means, however, I refuse to spend my money at a company that decided to give the short end to this community.

Boycotting Newegg is dumb. They have really good pricing and amazing customer service.

Nice loyality.

Their pricing is far from great.. they never offer free shipping anymore and a majority of their products are over priced and way over msrp.. the only advantage to newegg is knowing they will have stock and their customer service.

Hell yea the bastards went back to reg price on the bloodrage.:mad: Its almost worth jumping over to evga for a classy. Well had their rma dept actually been worth a shit that is. So still stuck on the rage for now. Just refuse to pay $300 for something that a couple weeks ago was $240 free shipping and has gone so far up and down the $200-$300 spectrum in the last 3 months its not funny.

I agree with others though. They never offered any solid exclusive deals for the add space here. I mean oh my god $5 off and free shipping. On something that fucking had freeshipping for the general public. $5 is not a deal for the amount of addspace usage they utilized here.

They came! They raped! They didn't use KY!

I for one don't have an ass load of spare money and I'm forced to go with who is cheaper. I've had compusa stores by me so tiger is out with their tax + shipping. Newegg tends to be cheapest for me unfortunatly. :(

I realize not everyone has access to a Fry's but lately the stuff I've been buying there has been the same price or cheaper than Newegg ?

Wait. You mean newegg going public was not a good idea??? :eek:

But I thought all those investors would help keep Newegg running like a simple mom an pop shop.

Well done Newegg. I've seen fast transitions between private and public companies but you have put them all to shame.

Whenever I have been in the market to upgrade, Newegg has been the one I have gone with. Pricing has been better or the same as other resellers. Customer service has always been really good.

I have had no issues with Newegg, ever.

Sorry that all of a sudden people have jumped off the bandwagon and running for other places because of them pulling off a forum. I for one will continue with Newegg. To each their own.

I use Newegg mainly for searching for products, then once I have the part #, I shop around. Usually NE or Zip is the lowest price. Tiger Direct is never the lowest unless you get in on one of their huge rebates they sometimes offer. Plus, TD will arrive to my house in less than 2 days, sometimes just 1.

i agree neweggs deals were not all that great. but most of the online retailers do the same thing. a combo deal of one good item and one bad item to go along with it. tigerdirect does it and frys and newegg. it just seemed newegg was slow shipping to tx. not gonna say im gonna boycott them or anything though. i just shop around more before buying.

There was nothing special about anything they offered here.

99% of their "sales" or "free shipping" were also offered to the general public.
Yes, they offered the (very) occasional [H]ard|OCP "promo code", but it was rarely worth more than $5.

If they valued our support, they could easily have done better.
What they offered us, showed exactly what they think of [H]ardForum members.
BTW, when I organized my old drummers club, I got way better deals on musical equipment, direct from the manufacturers... and that club had less than 500 members. I got the club discounts from 10% to 25% off, and many other "perks" and "swag" for the members. All it took was some leg work.

not to mention their hard drive/general shipping sucks, a whole side under my hard drive had all its air bubbles popped and was just sitting flat on the box...

they gave twitter 10$ off 10$ code a while back

I guess people have to complain about something, might as well be Newegg and how they are horrible.

Would not be the American way (or where ever you are from).

not to mention their hard drive/general shipping sucks, a whole side under my hard drive had all its air bubbles popped and was just sitting flat on the box...

they gave twitter 10$ off 10$ code a while back

I think they took all their sales to Facebook and Twitter. Places that have a lot more traffic.

I think they took all their sales to Facebook and Twitter. Places that have a lot more traffic.
yeah you start beginning to meet more and more people that know about newegg as well that would've never happened before but they only buy accessories though ha

lol @ ur "NEWEGG #1!" siggy

While Newegg has some fans, and their pricing is ok, it's not near what it used to be.

Nor is their customer service. After dealing with what I did from them... I'd imagine if you would have been subjected to the same amount of garbage, you wouldn't dare buy another item from them.

Is the Kyle / man-child relationship forged on the battlefields of the [H]ard|OCP boards really all that tethers some of you to reality? Did newegg walk into your house and shit on your kitchen table? No, They just stopped advertising on a website; but "HEY let's start a boycott about it!!1! How dare they dishonor MY internet forumz"

Tigerdirect is full of a bunch of arrogant asses, newegg has always been fantastic....guess who I buy most of my stuff from?

Advertising is only one thing to judge a company on.

i have to agree, newegg is not the same company i began purchasing from years back. i am buying more locally and basically only consider NE when i cannot find something i need (not want), and they are the ONLY vendor that has what i need.

as to TD, i will NEVER spend money (not a dime) with them again, and that has been in place for 3+ years now. i dont care if TD is the only place on this planet that has what i want or is offering a sick price, i will go without until another vendor can provide me with that product. my reasons are somewhere on resellerratings, and what an insulting fiasco i endured all from a gift card i received for Christmas one year.

sad to see NE is following the trend toward mediocrity. both in price and service.i dont fully get the "boycott" movement, but i do fully respect voting with your wallet, and whatever reason you may have do not need qualification or explanation. as with TD, its my money and I refuse to give them the sweat from my nutz let alone any of my money, referrals or consideration. they had 2 chances to make it good, and i had to argue for respect and fair.

If you buy a bag of stale Doritos, do you boycott the manufacturer of Doritos? Do you shop Wal-Mart? Will you when they drive out all the local competition and raise their prices? I don't want to change topics, but really, let's be reasonable.

Newegg is still the top-shelf-reseller.

yeah you start beginning to meet more and more people that know about newegg as well that would've never happened before but they only buy accessories though ha

lol @ ur "NEWEGG #1!" siggy

Thank you :D

And those are places where they will have better chances at selling all the non-computer related crap that they've taken on.

NO, NewEgg is NOT the same company it used to be.
Could you imagine seeing blenders and other kitchen gadgets on NewEgg's site 15 years ago? Not a chance!!
And the deals of those days are long since gone as well.

the deal threads were not a good idea at any rate, they were more like "hey, we need to clear out this inventory over here" They really worked against the companies and I never understood why they persisted in posting them. they were always getting complaints and they had to know what they were doing.

still its really bad if H is loosing ad revenue. hopefully someone else will fill in the void.

And those are places where they will have better chances at selling all the non-computer related crap that they've taken on.

NO, NewEgg is NOT the same company it used to be.
Could you imagine seeing blenders and other kitchen gadgets on NewEgg's site 15 years ago? Not a chance!!
And the deals of those days are long since gone as well.

I remember there were stores near my house in the bay area back in the early 90s that were Newegg stores. They sold mostly software back in those days. Then all of a sudden (to me anyway) the stores disappeared and a few years later, I see newegg.com. As with any organization, they have to constantly grow and evolve. Just look at Fry's electronics. It definitely is sad that people have now begun to experience worst service and more expensive pricing from newegg now. They may have lost their way. I don't think going public was a good idea - not to say that is the sole reason newegg has a more negative perception they had in the past, but I don't see it getting better.

I am curious...yes dropping [H] as an advertiser sux but what was the reason? Are they cutting costs, changing focus on their ad strategy?? There has to be some reason. Calling for a boycott on a retailer because they dropped advertising is pretty harsh without at least knowing why. TBH I don't see as many newegg ads in Maximum PC if any. They used to have 3 page ads of products, but I don't see them any more.

I am curious...yes dropping [H] as an advertiser sux but what was the reason? Are they cutting costs, changing focus on their ad strategy?? There has to be some reason. Calling for a boycott on a retailer because they dropped advertising is pretty harsh without at least knowing why. TBH I don't see as many newegg ads in Maximum PC if any. They used to have 3 page ads of products, but I don't see them any more.

they really aren't aiming at the enthusiast market. as some mentioned look at their product line now. also they never really regarded H that much or they would not have been trying to dump unpopular stock in those threads.

In their defense we did give them alot of shit everytime the rep came here to post deals.

On the other hand its not like they ever gave us any good deals, let alone good deals on stuff anyone here actually wants.

Lake Valset said, it seemed like they just came here as a last ditch effort (not much of an effort at that) to dump the trash noone else seems to be buying.

It was nice to see the [H] cupon codes, felt personal, but when they were 5$ codes on trash it didnt help much.

ask Kyle or Kendrak... they both know it.

The thing wasn't "worthy" of front page news, it just... happened.

Back