Does UPS Deliver in a foot of snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellRAIZ

n00b
Sorry, I don't know where else this thread belongs.

The roads are pretty crappy here (Colorado), and it's supposed to snow overnight here, and my package of computer parts (i7 build) is expected tomorrow... will they deliver if the forecast is a foot of snow?

Thanks!

UPS:
We shall deliver to the end, we shall deliver to France, we shall deliver to the seas and oceans, we shall deliver with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall deliver to our Islands whatever the cost may be,we shall deliver to the beaches, we shall deliver to the landing grounds, we shalldeliver to the fields and to the streets, we shall deliver to the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this company, or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the UPS Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

:p

I've heard of UPS coming through some pretty ugly weather.

^^^ Very reassuring. Thank you. *sigh of relief*. The anticipation waiting for parts is almost unbearable.. it's unlike anything else.

If the weather is too heavy they'll reschedule for another day.

And you'd best do your part by shovelin'.

or you could just call UPS and find out what center its at and pick it up yourself..

It says it's out for delivery!! w00t! If it doesn't come around 2pm I might call the center and go pick it up, I guess..

I live in Minnesota. We have snow. We have UPS. In minnesota a foot of snow is just like a bright sunny day. Doesn't even phase us.

The only time I've seen UPS delayed is in the middle of a blizzard w/ the roads temporarily closed.

Like Monkey said, See if you can go pick it up. Sadly thats not a choice for me (Too far for my taste) but yea ived had ups/fedex come through on some bad weather before. Although that still didnt stop from the box looking like someone played soccer with it.

you could of called ups and found out the answer yourself lol. yikes that is alot of snow.! i hope your stuff comes on time .......i know what its like to wait for pc parts it sucks.

all of the major roads are relatively clear, honestly if RTD is running on time, UPS is likely not going to have an issue, unless you're up in the mountains (And those houses don't look like Nederland or higher, so I'm guessing suburbs -> stuff is moving fairly well), I've seen USPS and Fed-Ex out and about so far today, saw plenty of UPS vehicles yesterday, might be a few hours late, but a few days, I doubt it

dang, all that snow.
and none up here in Alaska yet! whouldathunkit? :confused:
:p

My experiences with UPS have been less than stellar. On the day I know the package will arrive I can expect to get delivered to by 4:00 PM. If there is so much as just a couple of inches of snow, or even cleared roads with snow in the ditches, I won't get the delivery. Snow in Lawrence Kansas isn't uncommon to see.

Finding a live person to talk too with UPS is quite the chore as well. Even when I do contact them about picking it up myself from them, I show only to find it never got unloaded off of the drivers truck.
Sometimes I have to wait three to four more days more than anticipated before getting my packages.

DHL is worse, but good old USPS is always certain.

My experiences with UPS have been less than stellar. On the day I know the package will arrive I can expect to get delivered to by 4:00 PM. If there is so much as just a couple of inches of snow, or even cleared roads with snow in the ditches, I won't get the delivery. Snow in Lawrence Kansas isn't uncommon to see.

Finding a live person to talk too with UPS is quite the chore as well. Even when I do contact them about picking it up myself from them, I show only to find it never got unloaded off of the drivers truck.
Sometimes I have to wait three to four more days more than anticipated before getting my packages.

DHL is worse, but good old USPS is always certain.

Yeah because putting the driver's life, other bystanders, and personal property in harm's way is worth you getting your package when YOU want it. Go pick it up or wait.

Ups driver checking in :p

General Hardware isn't the place for shipping help, and since this isn't about a trade here, neither is Tips/Tricks/Trolls

For general off-topic discussion, check out our off-topic forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back