Status
Not open for further replies.

Discobob73

Limp Gawd
Chip Info:

Athlon X2 5000+
AD5000ODJ22GI
CACVC AC 0935CPMW

Bought this from Newegg to unlock. But my motherboard doesn't/can't do the unlock with the ACC trick. :eek: I can make no guarantees that you'll be able to unlock the 2 cores for a quad. CPU is brand new, never overclocked and comes in the retail packaging. Paid $55 from Newegg, Willing to let it go for $40 shipped, non-cc paypal only please.

heatware: Discobob2003

Last edited:
When this CPU came out... quad cores didn't even exist, lol.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Thanks, I didn't see that. (45nm? When did they sneak this in?)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Hmm, interesting.

OP, you should have put more information about this chip up...

Good price but come on please be honest.

ok, what are the settings in the BIOS? I have the exact same combo, but the proc isn't unlockable. The system starts up and just dies until I reset the BIOS. I've tried setting ACC to Auto and then with each proc. As well as setting the thign to "Hybrid" But still no go. I've even tried upping the voltage. So now I'm stuck with a 5000+ that doesn't outperform the unlocked sempron I picked up a few weeks ago.

It was honest and I'm not into the whole overclock to 3.6 ghz which some people have had luck in doing. Better people than I may have better luck than I did. It's not like I'm asking for $100 when I'm asking below what I paid for....

I've made an edit to the OP to clarify

Last edited:
Discobob73: I'm sorry for all that flak!

I was in a horrid mood that week, and eagar to pick a fight (well... I found it elsewhere).

I'll keep bumpin till sold.

there are 2 athlon X2 5000. The old one is Socket am2 and new one is socket AM2+.

So i guess he has to clear this up.

Wait... so how come the OP said it was possible for it to unlock when he tried to unlock is unsuccessfully? :confused:

It's still possible another mobo could successfully unlock the other core(s), I'm sure. But I believe this is a negligible aspect of this CPU and shouldn't even have been mentioned by the seller, at least in the thread title. Regardless, he's selling it %20 off Newegg's price, so it's still a decent deal.

It's possible, but has already been proven otherwise.

The flak was over how he stated it was 'new' in an earlier revision of the OP.

It's been corrected, now.

there are 2 athlon X2 5000. The old one is Socket am2 and new one is socket AM2+.

So i guess he has to clear this up.
Not exactly sure on that one, since it's a newer version, I'm assuming AM2+? I bought it on a whim and I'm out the money. Although I read using an 8 pin ATX power connector will help, but I'm done playing around with it. If someone wants, I can post CPU-Z shots of it stock. But like I said, it was a quick swap of what i had and it didn't unlock. So it's "possible" to unlock with a different mobo or better RAM. I just don't have the time to jack with it anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back