Internal USB splitter/hub

Nathan

n00b
Hello all, I am currently looking for something that I don't know if it exists. I am looking for an internal (inside your computer case) usb hub. I am looking for one because my motherboard has 2 ports (supports 4 usb plugs) but i have 6 usb ports. 2 on my case, and 4 one a 3.5 inch bay. So currently I have the 2 on my case plugged into one of the ports, and 2 ports from the 4 port hub plugged into the other. I am looking for something that will enable me to plug all 3 plugs into the motherboard. (one plugged directly in and then a splitter/hub for the other 2)

Does anyone have any information on this?

On my motherboard the port has 9 pins this is what it looks like.
O = one pin

OOOOO
OOOO

Edit:
In-case I didn't explain the plug enough.
http://www.ixbt.com/power/psu/photos/hiper/880/800/psutest_018.jpg

Last edited:
Some USB add-on cards have additional internal USB headers as well as external USB ports.

Those add-on cards can be purchased at many locations, including NewEgg.

You have 6 front panel USB ports, but you only have 2 headers (supports 4 ports)? Are you using all of your rear USB ports? What motherboard do you have?

So, your other option, aside from getting another USB Controller, would be to extend the rear ports to your front panel ports. Though, it would probably be easier/cheaper to get another controller, lol. The additional PCI USB Controller should have an internal header for your last 2 front panel ports, and it will definitely add more rear ports. ;)

Back