Cant chant monitor resolution to native

newrig

Weaksauce
I'm using vista 32bit and everythings working fine at 1920x1200. i come back the next day and it wont let me go past 1600x1200. Ive tried lots of different drivers. what else can i do?

GPU: 4870x2
Monitor: W2600H

thanks

in your display settings / what does your pc think its connected to...

windows sees my tv as a LG 37lh30 and sets it automatically to 1080p - which is exactly right

how are you connected - dvi vga hdmi display port?

also - you said... youve tried a lot of different drivers? that's never a good situation

can you reimage or reinstall your opsys and pick the most current driver straight from amd

in CCC it thinks Default VGA monitor. in device manager it thinks its a generic non-pnp monitor.
connected with a VGA with the HDMI adapter i think. as for the last thing i have no idea what that means. also ive never had installed the monitor drivers ever, it has been working at 1920x1200 perfectly for the last 8months till today.

reinstall your catalyst drivers. Also add your monitor drivers. You have made changes to the system by installing/trying other drivers due to this problem, so your best bet is to install the latest drivers for the affected components.

I just tried installing monitor drivers from the CD and it gives me this error "failed to update system registry" "Please try using regedit"

whaaaa? chant chant monitor resolution? okay.......TWENTY FIVE SIXTY BY SIXTEEN HUNDRED.....sorry....

is there a reason your using the VGA connection instead of DVI? I'd try that and see if it takes care of the problem.

I'm using a HDMI or DVI converter, its one of the two, not seeing why this matters since nothing has changed in 8 months. I just formated and it didnt fix the problem. nothing changed wires still the same, same drivers, same everything. also on my monitor it says analog, should it said digital or is that nothing?

any other suggestions?

NP, glad it's been sorted out. Sometimes it's the simplest things, always check them first.

Back