World of Goo - Name your own price

ike989

[H]ard|Gawd
Since no one has posted this here, I might as well. Shamelessly ripped from Slick Deals

World of Goo was released one year ago. The publisher, 2D Boy, is offering it up for whatever you want to pay. You basically give them a donation for what ever amount you decide and they send you a download link to the game.

Link to 2D Boy's website. Scroll down a bit to see the offer. The site is getting hammered so be patient.

Offer ends on October 19th.

They must really be getting hammered as it's been a couple of hours and I still haven't received a confirmation email and the manual order finder won't even load.

They must really be getting hammered as it's been a couple of hours and I still haven't received a confirmation email and the manual order finder won't even load.

I got my confirmation almost immediately after my order went through. Did you check your spam or junk folder for it? It came from [email protected] with the name of World of Goo Mail Bot. The subject was "Your order with 2D BOY".

Last edited:
Is this an actual "put in your own price"? Or do they review your price and decide if they want to give it to you or not? I donated $10 bucks and received my paypal confirmation, but no instructions on how to obtain the game... did I low ball them or somethng?

Is this an actual "put in your own price"? Or do they review your price and decide if they want to give it to you or not? I donated $10 bucks and received my paypal confirmation, but no instructions on how to obtain the game... did I low ball them or somethng?

definitely not. theyve sold it for much less on steam. just be patient.

I donated $5... it's my second copy though. I spent the original $20 through Steam. But now I can put the second copy on the netbook!

Plus I had $5 in my Paypal account....

Edit: And honestly, people don't want to spend more than a penny for this awesome game? I'm a cheap guy as well, but come on... guess we get to see who the real cheapasses are

Downloading now - thanks for the tip!
Played a bit with the demo a while ago, and thought I would give the full version a try. Worth $1 :)
(I never play games on the PC)

Wow, some people are really bidding low on here, the CC processing fee is more than some of you are donating, its a great game from a good dev, give them at least 5 bucks

It was worth $5 for me when I bought it on steam. Haven't finished it though.

I was finally able to get them to resend the email, and it even went so far as to download the first 4mb before it died. Now I'm just trying to get my download link to load again.

I was finally able to get them to resend the email, and it even went so far as to download the first 4mb before it died. Now I'm just trying to get my download link to load again.

Yeah, I can't get a full download from them either.... and it's only 64mb big...

Donated $5

Don't even want the game but would like to prove that this kind of sale model could work for other games too.

But I guess with all these cheap asses it probably can't work lol. Personally I would pirate a lot less if you could do this with all games. There are lots of games I enjoy but not $60 worth that I would buy if I could pay what I felt was a fair price.

Last edited:
Donated $5

Don't even want the game but would like to prove that this kind of sale model could work for other games too.

But I guess with all these cheap asses it probably can't work lol. Personally I would pirate a lot less if you could do this with all games. There are lots of games I enjoy but not $60 worth that I would buy if I could pay what I felt was a fair price.

its not like a game could ever be RELEASED like that. it makes sense after its been out for a while though. sales finally get really slow to where youre not seeing any revenue come in, and then you do this. i bet theyre making bank today, even with all the 1 cent people. everyone wins. good for them!

What's with all the cheap asses? If you don't think it's worth anything, why try to get it? Skip a red bull/bawls or something and put it to better use.

To all the uptight assholes bitching about the cheapasses, shut up. 99% of those lowballers wouldn't have EVER bought the game.

Hell, I sailed the seas and STILL decided to give them a shiny penny for it.

To all the uptight assholes bitching about the cheapasses, shut up. 99% of those lowballers wouldn't have EVER bought the game.

Sailed the seas? Good for you?

I missed it on steam for $4.99 so I sent them $5 via the donation thing.

Wow, some people are really bidding low on here, the CC processing fee is more than some of you are donating, its a great game from a good dev, give them at least 5 bucks

Oh no. This is how music should reinvent themselves too :)

Countless people say this is what they need to survive.

Give me a break people.

Anyway, great game. I already have it off Steam.

Maybe 99% of those lowballers who have their head up their ass (aka you) still shouldn't buy the game, since you're hosing them on CC processing fees.

On a 1 cent transaction, the CC processing fee is 65 cents,

First of all, not everyone has the exact same fees. They can be negotiated, and will vary by volume.

Second, this is through Paypal. With the normal Paypal micropayment fees, a $0.01 transaction would cost either 5 or 6 cents to process, depending on how they round the $0.0005. The rate may be negotiable as well, especially if they have been using Paypal for the duration of their existence.

Back