how long is the xbox live code of conduct suspension?

bufodr_T

Supreme [H]ardness
I received an email saying another user complained that i had the word "shit" in my bio, which has been there a year, and that i broke the code of conduct and my account is suspended. What cracks me up is 2 minutes later received and email saying my xbox live subscription expires in 10 days.
Does anyone know how long i can expect to be suspended for this violation?

On a side note I have had xbox live for about 5 years. Until i started playing gta iv, my rep was 90/10
with 90% preferring me and 10 avoiding me. Now it is like 40/60. Im not a trashtalker and rarly use my mic. Just peeps that get pwned or suck complain.
In the mean time i guess ill be playing my ps3

Allowing consumer feedback to decide how players are dealt with in regards to discipline online is akin to letting the crazies run the asylum.

If you play Left 4 Dead without a microphone, your 'avoided player' thing will go way up. That's how mine went up anyway.

Its just 2 or 3 days for profile stuff. I think there is a work around for that by changing the date on your xbox though. The 'avoided player' (submit player review) thing has nothing to do with getting suspended its mainly there for a form of matchmaking, the way you get suspended is when people use the 'file a complaint' which doesn't affect the avoidance/preferred percentage.

i just called xbox live customer support. The lady told me she doesnt have a date for me, but to create a new temporary account to get a free month of xbox live until my suspension is over since my console is not banned, but rather the username.

I have the same problem with Rock Band. I randomly check my rep and it'll be fluctuating around 70/30 to 80/20. The only comment there is "trash talking"... yet I absolutely never trash talk, and rarely say anything at all unless someone asks me a question. It must be the default option or something.

The whole rep thing on xbox live is pretty useless. At first I thought I could get a good rating by being nice to people, but I found out quick if you're better than someone else they're just as likely to downrate you and make up a reason because of jealousy. Hell, they get pissed when you won't play 50 sets with them in a row of the same songs over and over. So then I just started saying "screw it" and if someone is being a spaz or totally sucks and keeps trying the same song I just leave. I could care less anymore what my rating is. It's not accurate anyway.

xbox.com has a forum and a whole subforum dedicated to account suspensions, go there

it sounds silly, but they suspended me for 1 day. i made sure to return the favor to the b@st@rd who ratted my bio out by filing a complaint against him for the voice message he sent me cursing me and saying he is gonna get all his friends to file a complaint with me.

lol at all the morons who post offensive stuff in their BIO and then wonder why they get banned....lol MS actually routinely searches and flags inapproperiate material...lol

might want to read below

What kinds of suspensions are there?

There are two primary types of suspensions: service suspensions and communications suspension. You may receive one or both of these types of suspensions, and of varying length, depending on the severity and/or frequency of your violation.

During a service suspension, you are not allowed to sign in to Xbox LIVE at all. In this case, you will receive a message at sign-in that states, “You have been suspended from Xbox LIVE. You will not be able to sign in to Xbox LIVE until [date].”

During a communications suspension, you are allowed to sign in to Xbox LIVE and play multiplayer games, but you will not be allowed to send messages or use your Xbox LIVE Communicator or Xbox LIVE Vision Camera for in-game communication. In this case, you will receive the message at sign-in that states, ““You have been suspended from communications on Xbox LIVE. You will not be able to communicate until [date].”

There is another type of enforcement we enact that does not involve a suspension. We may force you to change your gamertag prior to signing in to Xbox LIVE. However, once you successfully change your gamertag, you will be able to sign in immediately (unless we have also enacted a service and/or communications suspension on your account).

Why was I suspended?

In all cases, we enact suspensions from Xbox LIVE due to violations of the Code of Conduct. This is an important part of the service agreement that all users are required to read and accept as a condition of initiating service on Xbox LIVE.

When we issue a suspension, you will receive an email to the Windows Live ID associated with your gamertag explaining why you were suspended. However, if you no longer have control of or don’t check the email account, we will still execute a suspension. If you would like to update the Windows Live ID associated with your gamertag to ensure you receive communications from us, please contact Xbox Support in your region.

If your profile (Name, Location, Motto, Bio) has been replaced with the terms “Code of Conduct” then we have suspended you for profile content that violates the Code of Conduct. In addition, we have deleted the content in your profile.

No, I mean why specifically was I suspended?

If you post here in this forum, we'll be happy to tell you why we suspended you, usually in quite plain terms (though I will censor offensive content). After doing so, we will lock your thread.

Do not send any member of the Xbox staff a forum PM or Xbox LIVE message asking about your suspension. These will be ignored.

How do you determine if a violation of the Code of Conduct has occurred?

We have many ways of doing this, but in all cases it is based on evidence. This may include direct observation of your gameplay, review of your profile content, review of your communications on the service, and/or analysis of your behavior on Xbox LIVE and the consoles from which your gamertag has connected to Xbox LIVE.

When I try to sign in to Xbox LIVE, I get a message that says “You have been suspended from Xbox LIVE. You will not be able to sign in to Xbox LIVE until [date].” What does this mean?

This means we have issued a service suspension against your gamertag.

When I try to sign in to Xbox LIVE, I get a message that says “You have been suspended from communications on Xbox LIVE. You will not be able to communicate until [date].” What does this mean?

This means we have issued a communications suspension against your gamertag.

How long will my suspension last?

The length of the suspension varies based on the number of times we have suspended you in the past, the severity of the violation, and other factors. Repeat violators will discover their suspensions increasing in length.

When you attempt to sign-in to Xbox LIVE, you will be notified by an Xbox Guide message when your suspension will be over. Your suspension will be complete some time during the day indicated.

How many complaints does it take to be suspended?

Just one valid complaint supported by evidence. As soon as a player files a complaint, it enters our review queue and we collect evidence about the alleged violation. If we uncover evidence to support the complaint, we will execute a suspension.

Last edited:
Back