Win 7, X-Fi Titanium SPDIF/DDL?

Domingo

Fully [H]
Anyone manage to get the SPDIF working with Dolby Digital Live in Windows 7? My multi-out works fine, and I can get 2.1 audio from the SPDIF...but DD Live just doesn't work. Whenever the system allows me to enable it, the system keeps telling me that my device is busy.
I know that the current Win 7 drivers are probably really early, but I figured I'd see if anyone else had things up and running yet.

Well, after giving those a try, it's still non-functional...although that pack is pretty amazing.
It's really strange. I can managed to get Windows to play the tests for Dolby Digital and DTS...and afterward it'll play music in normal 2.1 stereo, but it for some reason enabling DD Live makes the SPDIF non-functional. DTS doesn't seem to do anything at all as it just continues with everything in normal stereo.
I'm guessing it's just Windows 7. I remember that the pro-logic settings in Vista didn't work right at release either.

I had this problem too. To get surround through the digital output you have to set your primary output device to 'Speakers' instead of 'S/PDIF Out' before enabling DDL or DTS Connect. When you enable the encoder the drivers will automatically take the audio stream from the speakers, encode it, then redirect the stream to your S/PDIF port. It's counter-intuitive, but it's because only one device can use the digital out at a time and if you set the S/PDIF as your primary output device the sound card will output raw PCM stereo and lock out the encoder.

Back