Dropped Internet Connection Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hity645

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys this problem has been stumping me all morning. Installed Windows 7 Professional x64 last night. Everything was working alright. Then this morning, when I open Windows Live! Mail my connection just drops off on my desktop. When I run ipconfig I get information that I am connected. Diagnose the connection and the problems that get resolved are "default gateway not available: fixed"; and "The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken: detected". I verified that my Network adapter is running, turned Windows firewall off, uninstalled protection software and I'm still stumped. Everything else seems to work fine up until I click on Windows Live! Mail.

Hold on, I am posting the fix now....

This worked for me on my Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe Board.

We aren't using the same chipset, but look around for what settings you have.

1. Navigate to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
2. Right Click on the adapter you wish to use for your internet connection, go to properties.
3. Click on "configure" then go to the advanced tab.
4. I changed my settings to the following:

(We aren't using the same chipset, but look around for what settings you have. I was never able to narrow down what setting(s) it actually was on mine, but this solved the problem)

Sleep on Disconnect: enabled
Flow Control: disabled
Interrupt Moderation: disabled
IP Checksum Offload: disabled
Jumbo Packet: 1514
All 3 Large Send Offloads: disabled
Low Power Idle Mode: enabled
Low Power State Link Speed: enabled
Priority $ VLAN: Priority enabled
Receive Side Scaling: disabled
Speed/duplex settings: Auto Neg
TCP and UDP Checksum Offloads: all disabled
VLAN Id: 1
Wake on Magic Packet: enabled
Wake on pattern match: enabled
WakeOnLAN From PowerOff: enabled

Goodluck.

Last edited:
You have my hopes up, I hope your serious because I'm about to bash my head against the wall but that will be after I throw my computer out the window.

I just posted it. I ran into the problem shortly after install, however I don't use Windows! Live Mail. The disconnects were not consistent and happened 5 seconds or 5 minutes from each other. I hope trying some of these settings works for you.

Well I only had 2 of those you listed. I proceeded to turn everything off and left the ones requiring a value alone. So far its working. This will be a pain if I have to do this with every install. Hopefully they release fixes/drivers for Win7 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back