So who got a host spot for the Win 7 launch party?

I just signed up and got an email saying I got it, the hosts get the following

All hosts will receive:

* One limited Signature Edition Windows® 7 Ultimate
* One Deck of Playing Cards with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
* One Puzzle with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
* One Poster with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
* Ten Tote Bags with Windows® 7 Desktop Design for hosts and guests
* One table top centerpiece for decoration
* One package of Windows® 7 napkins

Also included in USA party packs:

* One package of streamers for decoration
* One package of balloons for decoration

I got mine today.. this is gonna rock. Now what to do with the copy I pre-ordered during the 50 dollar deal days.

Got mine as well, not sure how many people I invited will show up as they all live on the other side of the atlantic. :)

I got in too! I was wondering though if you really need to have an actual party....I just wanted to get free Windows stuff and I guess if you are picked as a "host" you get all this free stuff regardless.

I got in too! I was wondering though if you really need to have an actual party....I just wanted to get free Windows stuff and I guess if you are picked as a "host" you get all this free stuff regardless.

Microsoft will be deploying spybots to measure certain levels of fun, dancing, etc. If those are not met your copy of W7 Ultimate will be locked o ut.

I got in as well :D. This will make 2 free MS operating systems for free for me, got Vista for free as well 2 years ago.

Oh well if I need to have a party I better go all out...Time to play naked Twister and Hide The Mouse...bend over!

Ok I have a real question now..In the FAQ it mentions a sweepstakes (running from Sept 17 to Oct 1) where you can win a netbook. I can't find the link to register for it anywhere on the Win7 Party website. Has anyone been able to register for the sweepstakes?

It's listed in the ELIGIBILITY section.

2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, (a) are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (b) are at least eighteen (18) years old, and (c) have been selected by House Party, Inc. (“HPI”) to be a host of a “Windows® 7 Launch Party” on the national HPI party date of October 22, 2009 (a “House Party”).
I believe that once picked as a host we are automatically entered into it.

I just got my host email :D

Screenshot2009-09-22at73634AM.png

Anyone know if they are still sending out invites? I signed up when i first heard about it and still have not gotten a response.

Yeah I just tried applying now...considering it says to expect confirmation emails by 17th, lol. Still worth a shot though, maybe nobody near me applied puahaha.

Hey i singed up some three weeks ago wheres my you've been selected as host email.:confused:

wonder what happens if none of my guests show up? being a nerd i don;t have a ton of cool friends to invite.

Got my confirmation as well.

Did anyone NOT get accepted that applied by the deadline?

What would be funny is to search parties in your area (since it is public) and try and go to one. I'm sure alot of people are assuming no one will come or are just trying to get a free copy of Windows 7. Get 10 of your friends to show up to a random strangers house.

that won't work shawnoen..although it would be funny. You cannot see the address unless you are added as a guest by the host of the party.

I got accepted too in Canton, OH (if anyone is keeping track of where). Free windows is awesome windows.

edit: also, party packs will be delivered by Oct 10th.. so free and early. I invited my sister and her family(among others). She's making party hats, lol

I got in as well. Free stuff is awesome. The houseparty site is slow, anyone else getting the same thing?

All hosts will receive:

* One limited Signature Edition Windows® 7 Ultimate
* One Deck of Playing Cards with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
* One Puzzle with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
* One Poster with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
* Ten Tote Bags with Windows® 7 Desktop Design for hosts and guests
* One table top centerpiece for decoration
* One package of Windows® 7 napkins

Also included in USA party packs:

* One package of streamers for decoration
* One package of balloons for decoration

Got a question for all you 'party hosters'. Are you REALLY going to be hosting parties, to celebrate the arrival of Windows 7? With your family and friends?

Or are you merely signing up as a scam to get a freebie copy of Windows?

Back