Any one has BenQ DW1640 burner?

nanotechy

Limp Gawd
Hello Folks,

Wondering if any one here with a BenQ DW1640 DVD Burner can help me out with the jumper set configuration from its manual? I no longer has my manual and now in need of using my DW1640 as an internal drive, but have to be sure about its master-slave jumper setting.

If you do have one and have the manual, please kindly help me out with the configuration.

Thank you in advance and best wishes,
nanotech

when facing the rear of the drive...

Cable select, Slave, Master
diagram --- Cable Select -- Slave ------ Master ---
[ C S M ] -- [ C S M ] -- [ C S M ] -- [ C S M ] --
[ S L A ] -- [ S L A ] -- [ S L A ] -- [ S L A ] --
[ : : : ] -- [ | : : ] -- [ : | : ] -- [ : : | ] --

: - pin set
| - jumper

imyourzero,

Thank you for the info. Do you still have your DW1640? How has it treated you (durability wise)?

I found that thread earlier today, too, but was not able to pull anything from the link they provided and still can't. Please do me a favor, if you can pull something from that link (not yours, but the one provided in the forum you linked to), please repost it somewhere else and see if I can download it.

On the other hand, if you still have your literature/manual, could you please scan a page pertaining to the jumper setting for me?

Thank you once again,
nanotech

when facing the rear of the drive...

Cable select, Slave, Master
diagram --- Cable Select -- Slave ------ Master ---
[ C S M ] -- [ C S M ] -- [ C S M ] -- [ C S M ] --
[ S L A ] -- [ S L A ] -- [ S L A ] -- [ S L A ] --
[ : : : ] -- [ | : : ] -- [ : | : ] -- [ : : | ] --

: - pin set
| - jumper

Thank you, enginurd. That confirmed my jumper setting (like you said, facing the back of the drive, with the top of the drive up on top, had the jumper set on that far right (last Two) pins). my setting is correct, right?

Not sure why my PC is still saying, there is no bootable device detected. Having a discusion on this topic torwards the end of this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1450143

Any additional thought is much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Back