IP35-E and Q9550

brownbomber

Weaksauce
Any one running this processor with this board. I want to make sure It support it before I upgrade.:D

I was running a Pro not an E, but I only ran into two issues that concerned me: Temp detection and limited FSB overclocking.

The system was stable and fast, but because the BIOS available when I had this combo was limited I lost a lot of my fan control. uGuru would list insanely high temps, but realtemp would list temps in the high 30s / low 40s.

I also wanted to push for 4.0ghz and figured a p45 board would give me a bit more headroom.

I do miss the Abit and the per fan control... RIP Abit.

I've been running a Q9550/IP35-e For the last 5/6 months. I have it oc'd to 450 FSB/3.825mhz with no problems. Actually runs pretty darn good. Make sure you update the BIOS though. But yeah, it will run it fine. I haven't upgraded the MB because it's such a great little board.

Also, I'm running Kingston HyperX 1066 memory. Also no problems.

I have had my ip35-e for a while now and just got a q9550. I have the most recent bios release and after i put the q9550 my computer starts up but nothing displays on my screen. Does this mean my this processor is most likely dead? my computer works fine with my old processor

A little overdue, but I ran into the same problem when I recently installed a Q9550. BIOS 18 didn't fully boot and reported very high temperatures, apparently due to a change in how the E0 stepping senses temperature. I found a link to a more recent bin (9/10/2008) on another forum. Replaced the bin file, reflashed and it works great.

Here it is http://www.abitshop.eu/bios/m630a.bin

Back