Core i7 QPI/DRAM(VTT) and CPU Undervolting?

robtee

n00b
Hey all,

Tinkering with my 920 D0 which I've carried to 4.55 on air at 1.35v. I have a 24/7 setting I like to use (3.2ghz, low voltage and low temps) which is:

CPU core: 1.0v
BCLK: 160
Multi: 20
DRAM: 1.50v
QPI/DRAM(VTT): (Auto) which = to 1.375v

I know that QPI/DRAM(VTT) needs to be within .5v of DRAM, but I've also been reading that it should be within 0.03v of the CPU core...is this correct? I've been running it at these settings for at least a week and its been solid. Also, is it alright to undervolt to 1.0v?

Here's my specs:

Asus P6T
Core i7 920 w/ Noctua U12p SE1366
Mushkin 6gb @1600 9-9-9-24

Thanks guys! :)

I know that QPI/DRAM(VTT) needs to be within .5v of DRAM, but I've also been reading that it should be within 0.03v of the CPU core...is this correct?

First off, a 0.03V tolerance would be pretty ridiculous in itself. I've never heard of that personally, and as far as I'm aware a CPU/QPI voltage ratio has never been stated by anyone with authority. Not to mention, it would also almost certainly pretty much invalidate the recommended settings for anyone using enthusiast or high speed RAM.

Also, is it alright to undervolt to 1.0v?

Do the proper stress tests, and if it passes you're fine.

First off, a 0.03V tolerance would be pretty ridiculous in itself. I've never heard of that personally, and as far as I'm aware a CPU/QPI voltage ratio has never been stated by anyone with authority. Not to mention, it would also almost certainly pretty much invalidate the recommended settings for anyone using enthusiast or high speed RAM.

Do the proper stress tests, and if it passes you're fine.

I thought it was crazy as well...just wanted to make sure since I'm new to the i7s and all of the guidelines to follow.

Will do, thanks again.

Another thing....

Is 1.375v fine for QPI/DRAM(VTT), or should I drop it down? Thanks, all.

Back