FS: G5 Case modified for PC mobo

Aqua_Geek

Limp Gawd
Hi all. A while back I got a crazy idea to buy a G5 case and mod it to accommodate a PC motherboard. Here is a link to the last page of the thread that has all of the juicy details (as well as pictures). As I am graduating in a few short weeks and could really use the cash, I have decided to part with this project. I am asking $130 for the case + S/H. I will include the front panel PCB that I took out as well as the Lian-Li mobo tray I put in it.

It currently houses a (somewhat dated) system: Abit NF7-S v2, Athlon XP 3000+, 1 GB RAM, 300GB HD, DVD-R/CD-RW. I really only want to sell the case, but if you want the full system let me know and we can work something out.

Here is a picture of the finished mod in all of its glory: :D

Finished.jpg

Now take it to apple and be like "Hey i'm a pc and i dress like an Apple" :D

I'd like to see how you mounted the rear I/O panel, I checked the thread and did see any pictures, mind posting some? I'd like to pick this up..

Sorry for the delay. The rear IO panel is part of the mobo tray. The tray slides into the hole cut out of the back panel of the case, and the inner edge has a small indent that the tray slides into which holds it in place (kind of hard to explain with words and I'm currently out of town).

The tray also has two screws in it (see pic below, taken from the linked page and highlighted) which have basically self-tapped two of the air holes in the back panel, securing it to the case.

If you are planning on moving the thing around a lot, I would get two proper self-tapping screws or even some small bolts. You could also install a small cube of lexan or something toward the front of the case as a guide to hold the tray flush against the side wall. I haven't had any problems with it - it works very well as-is.

Back_View_Highlight.jpg

After almost a year of inactivity, I'm back. And the case is still available if anybody is interested. To answer some questions I got via PM:

1. The mobo tray is ATX, so any standard ATX mobo should work just fine.
2. The side panel is included.

The price is the same, but I'll throw in S+H (US only) for free.

Back