Google Chrome slow to open links.

JustinSane

2[H]4U
I got the Google Chrome beta version like 2 months ago and ever since when I click on links that people send me on Skype or Steam, there is like a 30 sec delay opening the link on Chrome. I have to copy the link and paste it in the browser if I want it to open immediately. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Yea, i have the same thing with my rss feed. Its still a great browser over all, also, when i start up my comp, i can open internet within 5 seconds, but chrome takes 1 minute or so

Yea, i have the same thing with my rss feed. Its still a great browser over all, also, when i start up my comp, i can open internet within 5 seconds, but chrome takes 1 minute or so

See Chrome starts up fine for me. It's when I click on links while the browser is still open. Very weird.

Anyone else have this problem now that 2.0 is official? I even updated to the developer version and links still take forever to open up. This never happened in the early versions.

Maybe it is google sending back data to themselves that is causing the slowdown. I know sites that use google adsense are slower than others. I use SRware Iron instead which is Chrome without the google snooping issues.

http://www.srware.net/en/

Fixed this problem: I cleared out Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup and amazingly links open immediately.

Last edited:
Back