LIAN LI PC-V351!!!

Bugs9477

n00b
Just thought that i would share my experiences with this case and hardware... as well as show it off !!!

I`ll post pictures as soon as I find out how! I cannot find the upload pics option..... ill do a search!

Well it looks like I cannot add attachments sorry!

I also had to make some modifications to the case and PSU that may be helpful to others here!

System Specs

PC-V351R
NOCTUA NF-P12-1300 120MM x2
NOCTUA NF-B9-1600 92MM x3
CORSAIR-750TX
ASUS RAMPAGE II GENE X58
NOCTUA NH-U9B
NOCTUA MT-1366 LGA1366 Mounting Conversion Kit
CORE I7 920 2.66G
CORSAIR DOMINATOR TR3X6G1600C8DF
EVGA GTX285 SSC 01G-P3-1287-AR
WESTERN DIGITAL WD1001FALS
PIONEER DVR-216DBK 20X
MS XP PRO 32BIT SP3
MS VISTA ULT 64BIT

Last edited:
I have always been a fan of Lian Li although I`ve only owned one other than this, PC-V 2100B+ a beautiful case!!!

My first thoughts of the V351R was it must have been made by some knockoff company or it was a real bad friday at Lian Li!

Defects

Front Panel!
There are three bumps across the top inline with the LIAN LI logo, these are from the screws that mount it to the case frame, they create shadows.

Side Panel!
Hand prints inside and out, they can not be removed as they are embedded into the color looks ... kind of freaky!

Screws can be easily be stripped!

All Over!
All edges are sharp no protective strips

Although some may say send it back, I'll be keeping it as I'll be modifying the case anyway!

Last edited:
Fits in the case beautifully no modifications necessary and the 140mm fan definitely helps with the cooling. It sits 1.5 inches from optical drive cage which gives it room for wire routing!

For my setup I removed the second set of 4 pin PCI-E connector cables, 1 string of 4 pin Peripheral connectors and 1 string of SATA power connectors from the PSU....
Very easy and Warranty Voiding!
I found this to be extremely helpful due to the space issues with SFF Systems!

Last edited:
My CPU temp is 31c idle vs 42c idle stock HSF

If you make this cut that darthcani posted here http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033816646&postcount=589 which I have done, it does work and the corner column is completely stable I tried to bend it by adding weight to the top with all panels off and no PSU, it is solid!

It also lets me slide the tray in and out with the PSU, NH-U9B with 2 Noctua NF-B9-1600 92mm fans still installed! :D

Last edited:
The Rampage II GENE is a toasty little board, stock cooling temperatures @ IDLE were CPU - 42c / MB - 35c / SB - 45c / NB - 53c oh and noisy!
.............................................................upgraded cooling temperatures @ IDLE are ..CPU - 35c / MB - 34c / SB - 44c / NB - 50c 50% Quieter... to my wife's ears anyway!
Corsair CMXAF2 strapped to the side of the heatsink blowing at the NB .@ IDLE temps CPU - 31c / MB - 29c / SB - 36c / NB - 38c And just a little quieter than stock!
..................................................................Running 3DMark06 temperature raised to CPU - 48c / MB - 31c / SB - 38c / NB - 45c And received a 15878 marks :cool: with stock hardware settings and upgraded cooling!

I took out all the stock Case fans and replaced them with Noctua's fans.
The 2 front 120mm fans I installed NF-P12, the rear 80mm drive bay fan I installed a 92mm NF-B9, The NH-U9B CPU heatsink I installed 2 NF-B9 in a push/pull config

I haven't tried any of the low noise adapters and my TIM of choice is Noctua NT-H1

Last edited:
Couldn't see the pics at work.

Looks good, nice work.

Last edited:
Hi Man ! , nice mod i not do this mode finally i swat Noctua U9B to C12P finally to my Jr x58, otherwise how about temps withs the U9B and i7 ? tell me ...

It's running great haven't OC'd it yet also had to change out the makeshift northbridge cooling (dominator ram fans) as they were keeping my wife up at night!

I moved the 285 over to the second Pci -E slot and instaled a old adjustable speed Thermaltake Volcano 10 fan and it works better!

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Do you know how to remove the HDD cage ?
Did not see any screew !

I'd like to remove the HDD cage too. I'm going to use the 5.25 backplane for 2.5" drives.

Looking good AthlonXP!

But I can see them finger smudges on the front panel ;)

Sorry, anyhow I think I am going to get some more powerful 120mm fans for the front, also might mod an 80mm fan in one area and put something over the northbridge as I got 2 40mm fans just sitting here. Question for you Bugs, how easy or hard was it to install that noctua heatsink??

Just this past week, I built a new system in a V351. I'm pretty happy with it. The V351 seems a bit more cramped than the Qpack cases I used for the past couple computers I've built, but I think that was mostly due to having 2 video cards and a larger cpu cooler and power supply than what I have had in the past.

The only really disappointing thing about this case is that all the drive cages are riveted in place. So far, I've just left the hard drive cage in place, but I'm seriously thinking of taking my dremel to it.

@AthlonXP:
I have a Noctua C12P also, and it was pretty easy to install. Although the fan doesn't fit through the rear opening when sliding the motherboard tray out. You have to clip the fan on once the tray is slid into the case.

Noctua C12P is what I use, it should cool your Q9550 with ease. Also I would recomend putting a 40mm fan on at least on the NB, once I did that it helped.

Sorry, anyhow I think I am going to get some more powerful 120mm fans for the front, also might mod an 80mm fan in one area and put something over the northbridge as I got 2 40mm fans just sitting here. Question for you Bugs, how easy or hard was it to install that noctua heatsink??

If you don't cut the back panel, installation has to be done with the mobo and tray inside the case and the PSU has to be out but it is just as easy as if it were being installed outside the case ............... and it works way better than the C12P in this case! :p

Sorry to bump such an old thread. But I love these noctua fans in this V351. I was wondering about the cut that was done to fit the U9B. Was that necessary? It is possible to remove the PSU to fit the cooler?

I remember that the bracket fits to the board, then there are two spring mounted screws that are easily reachable IIRC.

Also, love that 92mm fan on the back as exhaust. Do you have any old pics of that mod? what does the back look like without that aliminium cover plate? I'm hoping to replace that cover plate with a wire fan grill like Zalman cases usually use.

LOL, as you can probably tell, I want to avoid cutting the box at all costs. :)

Back