roftranspo --- July 2006

Atomic Moose --- June 2006

MikeBlas --- May 2006

OSUGuy98 --- April 2006

BakedON --- March 2006

marty9876 --- February 2006 --- There's Something About Mary

Viper87227 --- January 2006

---- ---- 2005 ---- ----

FLECOM --- December 2005 & Hardest Folder EVAR!

King_N --- November 2005

Unhappy_Mage --- October 2005 --- the very first Hard DC'er of the Month Ever!

---- ---- blast from our past ---- ----

The Official [H]ard|DCer of the Month Thread {From 2006}

Last edited:
I would appreciate it if someone could:

* check the links above... make sure I got things correct.

* help me locate any missing interviews. 2008/2009 is fine, but I am missing some from early 2007, and lots from 2006 and 2005. Anyone know when the tradition of awarding Hard DC'er of the Month started? Who was our first and when did this take place?

* Other than myself, Jon855, and tdg, did anyone else conduct interviews for Hard DC'er of the Month? Atomic Moose posted some on behalf of tdg, but I don't think he conducted any interviews himself. If he did I could not find them.

Thanks.

Is the Hall of Fame thread stickied or linked in our "Everything DC?" I could not find it in the usual places. Thanks for the link.

it's in the [H]orde Central thread. Unfortunately there's so much good info in there, it can be hard to find something specific.

Updated with some new information again.

Zero82z's interview link has been posted.

Updated the first post. I'm trying to get current on the interviews!

Pocatello can you search your database for names? if soo see if you have something with lehmann in it. Mikelehmann, liz_lehmann i cant remember my old screen name.

Pocatello can you search your database for names? if soo see if you have something with lehmann in it. Mikelehmann, liz_lehmann i cant remember my old screen name.

I don't have you in my database.

But I do have a good suggestion. Try to send a "PM" (private message) to Mikelehmann or liz_lehmann. The web site will automatically try to help you out and will provide suggestions. You might find your old screen name. Good luck.

A work in progress.

Check out some of the old interviews if you have not already. We seem to have a large number of IT professionals who win our monthly award. Not surprising, huh?

Alrighty, I don't get to say this often but I am all caught up! WOOT!

Requests for information from our recent winners has been sent! I'm just waiting on the responses.

I'd love to get all of 2010 posted before we start the voting on who is the DC'er of the Year. DC'er of the year is taken from the 12 winners throughout the calendar year. There are no nominations before voting... just vote on one of the 12 previous monthly winners.

Haha, been reading through some of the old stuff and found this partial interview quote from 2006:

marty9876: My latest kick is to find creative ways to borg things, see how passively it can be done.

marty9876: Plan A, Plan B and Plan C still in the works.

tdg: Care to enlighten us about the plans?

marty9876: 18k PPD 24/7/365 if it all works out.

marty9876: Kick FLECOM's ass once and for all.

tdg: Pretty healthy plan.

tdg: Good luck on beating FLECOM, I think he's borged NASA.

That was just six years ago folks! :D I'm getting a big kick out of reading some of the vintage interviews here!

Someone on IRC today said a rate of 5K PPD wasn't worth folding at. I facepalmed. 5K back in 2008 when I started was awesome.

I was ranked ~#15 in daily production with 10,000 or 12,000 points a day. Way back in the day.

Tonight's quote from a past interview should give you some insight to the awesome nature of the [H]ard folding male species. Gentlemen, we have a lot to live up to and some big shoes to fill... :D :cool:

The actual manw[H]oring part began from an experience I had when I went out to my local watering hole one night. I was offered $500 to take a certain woman home that night. The funny thing is I had taken her home the night before. Basically, that's how it started.

Another great read and of course, a section worth quoting:

What would you like the [H]orde to know about you that might surprise them?

I was at the Grand Canyon about 30+ years ago, inebriated, and wanted to relieve myself at an overlook. Dark rainy night. I hopped over the wall to a nearby rock, missed and fell (about 20 feet). Put a new meaning on “look before you leap.”

Did you get badly hurt when you fell at the Grand Canyon?

Cracked a rib.

Tonights quote from a past interview rates high on my list because I believe it to be true myself: We never know which machine will produce the vital information or sequence to truly make the difference in a project, thats why every WU processed and returned counts.

That is the greatest part about this, and why I got into it in the first place, and why I have stayed with it all this time. However much or little you can throw in, it counts! Someday, you are going to read how this one guy, with one underpowered little PC, that produced 2 units a day, will be the one to crack the single most important piece of this mystery, and the next day, a cure will be found because of him. I firmly believe that the universe works in ironic ways like that! But whether you have one unit or thousands, every moment they are busy with one of these projects, the likelihood that a cure will be found increases. That is worth doing, and something anyone can make sense out of.

Good to see that this project is still up and running in some form or fashion. It's been a worthwhile cause and benefits not only the [H]orde by increasing the member count, but the entire F@H project.

The Community Boxen Program is the brain child of EvilAlchemist. The whole thing was his idea, and after reading his proposal thread, I immediately wanted to be a part of it. We talked on the phone quite a bit and decided it was something that could work and something that would help the team as a whole. Once we partnered up with Kendrak and had a plan put together, we approached the administration here and got their nod, and it’s really taken off. I’ve got a pile of hardware here and we should have a few boxen out to new homes within a week or two. The generosity of the [H]orde is absolutely overwhelming. We are amazed at the response. As long as we don’t run into any unforeseen obstacles, I see no reason that we won’t have six to eight boxen out folding for the [H]orde in the near future... and from there, who knows!!

Some valuable input that I'd still like to see come to light one day.

If there is one thing I would really like to see here, it is some inclusion of F@H and other DC projects into main-site HardOCP articles. Test out folding performance when GPU reviews are written, and do the same thing for CPU reviews. And it would be nice to see some F@H-specific and DC-specific articles being posted up, that could discuss setting up different clients, ways of getting maximum points per day, general information about the F@H project and its goals, and other DC-related content along those lines. And if there isn't anyone on the HardOCP staff who is equipped to write those kinds of articles, there are plenty of people in the DC subforum who'd be willing to contribute. I'd be eager to help out if it meant some high-profile coverage for DC projects.

So you guys *are* reading some of these snippets of information I've been quoting? :D

So you guys *are* reading some of these snippets of information I've been quoting? :D

Sure! :cool:

Makes me wish I had written something more profound in my interview. Or at least a good drinking story.

Can you quote who said each snippet when you do it?

unf, bump it, unf.. bump it good.

Edit: looks like Pocatello has some work to do. :D

Back