Two 4850's idle at different speeds

Kelv

Limp Gawd
I bought two last summer. One of them fried and I just got it back. I noticed that the card I just got back idles at stock speeds (625/993) compared to the one that I haven't had an issue with which idles at (500/750). Can anyone explain to me why this is and what I can do to get the second card to idle at lower speeds?

The bios on one of the cards is set to idle at 500/750 while the bios on your new card is set to idle at 625/993.
Load the 500/750 card's bios into RBE, take a screenshot of the Clock Settings tab.
Then load the 625/993 card's bios into RBE and change the Clock Settings to match the settings of your 500/750 card, then flash the bios.

Problem fixed!

Would you advise me to do that? Why would a newer card have higher clock speeds?

Would you advise me to do that? Why would a newer card have higher clock speeds?
Which models of the cards are they? The same ones?
Each manufacturer (and possibly each model of 4850) can use its own unique bios settings. It's not a big deal, since the user can customize them pretty easily.

A full guide to getting your bios, editing it, and flashing the card is here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/154

The different 2D clock settings just means that one card is set to run at 500/750 in 2D mode, while your other one is set to run at 625/993 (full speed) in 2D mode. You can fix it just by copying the clock settings from one card's bios to the other.

I don't think it's a problem if you leave them alone, when you start games they should both run at 625/993. Otherwise it's not going to cause any issues. And it's not hurting the cards.

i think im using an msi bios on my sapphire and HIS 4850's and they idle 160/500 and full load 625/993

Back