DEAD BEAT SELLER!!! PffxUzer!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is unreal!!!! I live 1 hour from him and offered to pick up the stuff we agree on a price sends me over details on his address phone number etc. I do a backround check through the police station as I know Bridgeport to be a shady town. The officer tells me that the place is OK as long as it is during the day. Fine a cop friend of mine agrees to take the day off and join me on a trip to Bridgeport.

Now the emails start coming from Pablo that he is backing out of the deal. I respond with that I had my buddy take the day off and I will be there Saturday morning. He says fine see you then anytime after 7am is OK. I then ask for a detail discribtion of what I am getting. He backs out again!!!!!

I have 72emails going back and forth with this guy. This person should not be aloud to sell anything on this forum what so ever and put my vote in to have his IP banned as others do not fall into his "trader deals"

I don't believe this guy even has the products he will not take pictures, will not meet in a public place, will ship, but needs money first. The list goes on and on. I have all his info if admins would like me to give it to you.

All this work and I live 1hour from him. Now what do I tell my cop friend that he took of the day for nothing!!!!!!

Ban this guy!!!!

You have GOT to be kidding me.......

Please re read the original thread.pay close attention to VA's last post before he closed the thread
Here is it in case you missed it
This thread is full of so much mess it's not worth cleaning up.

OP, repost at your leisure if you are still selling these items.

And if someone ends up having a problem, start a TTT thread (just don't expect much sympathy in this case)

Greed is the downfall of every troll, and nearly everyone that is trolled. Too good to be true indeed.

I can see how it can be a real annoyance to deal with people that back out of deals and I have had my share of them through CL. That said unless payment was taken on an item the seller can sell or not sell to whoever they want. It sucks your friend took the day off to go with you but thats life, not everyitng works out and shit does happen.

I know about his post. And never sent him any money as I was going to pay cash in person as I am only 1hr from him. I am not out anything but this user should not be over looked and continue to be able to browse the forum and opening sell stuff.

I think you need to put down the acid.

First off, People having second thoughts about deals is nothing to get exited about, Second, Its your fault for having your cop friend take the day off. Third 72 Emails? Im sure exaggerating there, people invented phones/instant messagers for a reason.

Your ordeal is no reason to ban someone and or flag him as a bad seller, i myself have done local deals but backed out due to finding a better deal from a friend, i contacted the buyer and everything went fine.

Just because things dont go as perfect as you want, does not mean hes a bad seller.

I have counted about 10 times he backed out of the deal. THIS GUY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SELL HERE!!!!

Why would the admins allow such behavior?

If you would like me to post the emails I can. We had a verbal contract. Why would anyone condone this behavior.

All i see in this thread is your side, like everything else without cold hard facts/evidence, your word equals nothing

People change their minds, if a deal is shady, DON'T DO IT. Calling the freaking cops about it to see if it's safe to go there?!?! WOW...

Let it go, move on lesson learned end of story.

I made a note to him about the thread and he can share his side. Would you like me to post the emails?

If you would like me to post the emails I can. We had a verbal contract. Why would anyone condone this behavior.

I'll take your verbal contract and raise you one paypal payment.....
I paid for parts from him....then he refunded me after he told me he would be shipping the next day...

I was pretty sure he was going to try and troll me , so I sent a CC payment with my Amex card... I guess he called my bluff and sent me my money back...no explanation, nothing.
I posted all this in the original thread.....right after another poster said he was told that pfx said he could not take paypal....there are many lies from him in that thread....

All i see in this thread is your side, like everything else without cold hard facts/evidence, your word equals nothing

The guy is as shady as can be.read the original thread..lots of people in there were having trouble with him

People change their minds, if it's shady, don't deal with him and don't stress about it.

End of story.

I can care less about the deal, what I care about is him selling to others and pulling the same stuff, crosshairs could relate along with others that he backed out on the deal about.

I think you need to put down the acid.

First off, People having second thoughts about deals is nothing to get exited about, Second, Its your fault for having your cop friend take the day off. Third 72 Emails? Im sure exaggerating there, people invented phones/instant messagers for a reason.

Your ordeal is no reason to ban someone and or flag him as a bad seller, i myself have done local deals but backed out due to finding a better deal from a friend, i contacted the buyer and everything went fine.

Just because things dont go as perfect as you want, does not mean hes a bad seller.

this dude has had his stuff for sale on this site in about 10 different threads since September, the exact same stuff, I have no idea what's going on, but it all looks shady as hell, he's not getting "a better deal" anywhere, the fact that the stuff isn't selling is definitely not because of lack of interest, there's something going on here and it's too bad that nothing will be done until someone gets burned, but hey, that's life, I just know that there's no way in hell that I will ever "buy" anything from him...

I'll take your verbal contract and raise you one paypal payment.....
I paid for parts from him....then he refunded me after he told me he would be shipping the next day...

I was pretty sure he was going to try and troll me , so I sent a CC payment with my Amex card... I guess he called my bluff and sent me my money back...no explanation, nothing.
I posted all this in the original thread.....right after another poster said he was told that pfx said he could not take paypal....there are many lies from him in that thread....

why anyone would even try to got into a deal with him after that is beyond me.

I thought I would take the risk as I am meeting him in person, with a cash transaction. So why has nothing been done about the trader? He obviously posts fake threads and when he feels the situation is too hot and doesn't work in his favor he backs out of the deal, then tries to rekindle up a deal again just to get stuck in the same situation and cancel the deal again.

I thought I would take the risk as I am meeting him in person, with a cash transaction. So why has nothing been done about the trader? He obviously posts fake threads and when he feels the situation is too hot and doesn't work in his favor he backs out of the deal, then tries to rekindle up a deal again just to get stuck in the same situation and cancel the deal again.

I agree , you did the right thing by trying to meet in person.....there is no doubt in my mind he was out to troll someone...he just hasn't found the right person yet......but he will..

All in all the Admins should administer the board and ban this bad trader so people do not fall victim to his scamming ways.

I never meet people in person , then they will find out I am not a 22 year old hot blond with 38 DD and lesbian fantasies...:p

All in all the Admins should administer the board and ban this bad trader so people do not fall victim to his scamming ways.

As much as I agree with what you are saying, its our job to protect ourselves.

As shitty as it is, what he has done is not illegal, and he hasn't ripped anyone off ....yet..

The admins have plenty of other things to do, policing this board for possible scammers is not one of them

I couldn't imagine the out come if he shipped the products. A box a bricks maybe, or dead equipment then blaming it on shipping.

sorry dude, even though you did right and set up a person to person swap, you read all the things that were posted in his for sale thread and still tried to "make it work", not much sympathy for you there, but I will have sympathy for the unsuspecting person that gets scammed by him because I agree 100% with Crosshairs and VA, someone else will bite because 1. they just don't know any better and haven't read these posts or 2. their greed will overrule all of their sensibilities...

aah come on fellas I saw his thread when it was first posted. No heat or item info/pics. yes a gtx260 for 140$ was/is pretty sweet, but I didnt even bother. It's not that I'm pruddish, but I've gotten to the point where I know a bullshit thread when I see it. I saw this all coming a mile away. meh anyway, another vote for ban.

Thanks Met-AL.

So I guess in all, my thread will get locked and the guy can go on selling and the people of [H] feel that it is OK to have people like this representing their board.

Pablo has no response to any of this as I have been emailing with him all day and sent him the link to this thread so he can speak his peace. I guess we spoke enough for him.....

I have counted about 10 times he backed out of the deal. THIS GUY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SELL HERE!!!!

Why would the admins allow such behavior?

And yet you did not? Im pretty sure past the first backout unless its talked about, most smart people will back away.

this dude has had his stuff for sale on this site in about 10 different threads since September, the exact same stuff, I have no idea what's going on, but it all looks shady as hell, he's not getting "a better deal" anywhere, the fact that the stuff isn't selling is definitely not because of lack of interest, there's something going on here and it's too bad that nothing will be done until someone gets burned, but hey, that's life, I just know that there's no way in hell that I will ever "buy" anything from him...

10 Different threads you say? Has anyone complained about buying products from him and never receiving?

I really do not see him getting banned about backing out of deals, besides wasting peoples times, its nothing to get banned about.

And yet you did not? Im pretty sure past the first backout unless its talked about, most smart people will back away.

10 Different threads you say? Has anyone complained about buying products from him and never receiving?

I really do not see him getting banned about backing out of deals, besides wasting peoples times, its nothing to get banned about.

um, yes, at least 10 different threads, just because they don't all show up when you do a search doesn't mean they weren't made, when I searched a few days ago "at least" 10 different threads showed up, there have been some database issues on the site recently so I guess that explains why only 3 showed up in today's search...

delvryboy posted this about it..."10+ pages of FS threads. Has anybody bought anything yet?"...

so yeah, at least 10 different threads...

I hate to do it but I'm actually laughing right now. I seriously for the life of me don't realize that common sense didn't kick and tell you " NO YOU IDIOT ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !!! ABORT !!! ABORT !!! ". I listened to my inner voice when he asked me to pay first and walked the fuck away as you should have done.

Honestly I don't feel sorry for you. Chalk this up to experience and in the future show some fn common sense when dealing with people when your hard earned money is at stake. ESPECIALLY when its a deal like this that seems waaaaay too fn good to be true.

Oh almost forgot *Hands you the Darwin award*, here . . . you earned it.

Seriously though, people like PffxUzer can't win without people like you that act before they think. If you were walking down the street and someone offered to sell you a BNIB GTX295 for $50 when there was a computer store at the end of the block, would you buy it only to be arrested by the police 30 seconds later when the guy that sold it to you takes off running and the police only see you with the stolen video card in your hands? The same rules apply to you sending PffxUzer your money as they do in the case of the stolen video card, you saw a deal that was a once in a lifetime which seemed to good to be true, and it was. The golden rule you broke that left you where you are right now if you failed to step back and ask yourself " What are the odds of this being a totally legit deal? ".

lol. I can't believe people are actually involving themselves with this idiot. It was obvious he was full of crap from the beginning.

I hate to do it but I'm actually laughing right now. I seriously for the life of me don't realize that common sense didn't kick and tell you " NO YOU IDIOT ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !!! ABORT !!! ABORT !!! ". I listened to my inner voice when he asked me to pay first and walked the fuck away as you should have done.

Honestly I don't feel sorry for you. Chalk this up to experience and in the future show some fn common sense when dealing with people when your hard earned money is at stake. ESPECIALLY when its a deal like this that seems waaaaay too fn good to be true.

Oh almost forgot *Hands you the Darwin award*, here . . . you earned it.

Seriously though, people like PffxUzer can't win without people like you that act before they think. If you were walking down the street and someone offered to sell you a BNIB GTX295 for $50 when there was a computer store at the end of the block, would you buy it only to be arrested by the police 30 seconds later when the guy that sold it to you takes off running and the police only see you with the stolen video card in your hands? The same rules apply to you sending PffxUzer your money as they do in the case of the stolen video card, you saw a deal that was a once in a lifetime which seemed to good to be true, and it was. The golden rule you broke that left you where you are right now if you failed to step back and ask yourself " What are the odds of this being a totally legit deal? ".

I never lost any money, just my time, when he asked me to pay first and then he would ship I did not. Please don't doubt my ethics on common sense I have been at this game for way to long.

The thing is, I have gotten good deals on stuff like this a few times and why not take the steps to see if it happens. (He was local after all) I protected myself from loosing money or giving out info. But some how I believe he is the winner here as he will continue to post his stuff for sale and will one day catch some 15yr old kid with his birthday money and will get scammed. I am sorry if I am going threw all this to get people like this banned. :rolleyes:

My theory on this is to be pro-active rather then turn and walk away from it. It just goes to show that people are only looking out for themselves and not caring about people in the future.

Any signs of false trading, scamming, etc. should be under investigation by the admin staff and not just looked away and locked into the Dead/locked thread archive Why do we have admins anyways??? To close threads at will? Or investigate "possible" loyal users getting scammed on their boards. If I was an admin this would not happen on my watch.....

I never lost any money, just my time, when he asked me to pay first and then he would ship I did not. Please don't doubt my ethics on common sense I have been at this game for way to long.

The thing is, I have gotten good deals on stuff like this a few times and why not take the steps to see if it happens. (He was local after all) I protected myself from loosing money or giving out info. But some how I believe he is the winner here as he will continue to post his stuff for sale and will one day catch some 15yr old kid with his birthday money and will get scammed. I am sorry if I am going threw all this to get people like this banned. :rolleyes:

My theory on this is to be pro-active rather then turn and walk away from it. It just goes to show that people are only looking out for themselves and not caring about people in the future.

Any signs of false trading, scamming, etc. should be under investigation by the admin staff and not just looked away and locked into the Dead/locked thread archive Why do we have admins anyways??? To close threads at will? Or investigate "possible" loyal users getting scammed on their boards. If I was an admin this would not happen on my watch.....

I agree, the sad part is that someone may do the "safe and smart" thing and search this forum for his name next time he puts the same stuff up for sale and because of the database issues his name may not show up at all...

And what exactly would you propose as the "investigation" that needs be done? I'm betting you know more than any of us could possibly, since you have his address and claim to have done a police background check done...
If you really think this guy needs to be investigated in some way, isn't that what your police buddy is for? oh right, no crime committed yet is what he would tell you. why do you think we're any different?

He hasn't ripped anyone off yet. Obviously he has come close a couple of times, and backed out. We are not the thought-police, we do not ban people before they have committed a crime, if you will.

The only way this guy can rip anyone off is if someone acts like a moron and lets their greed overcome their survival instincts.

We here are [H]ardforum take a pretty strong stance that as a trader, you need to be looking out for yourself, and taking basic precautions before dealing with anyone, regardless of how good the deal is. Any of those basic precautions in this case will result in a "sorry, moving on" response.

OP, it sucks that you had your buddy take time off from work, but, that's not really anyone else's problem, and backing out of a deal even if it's an inconvenience to you isn't a bannable offense.

So, once again, I urge caution in dealing with this individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back