How the heck do I change my Windows Live Gamertag?

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
Ok, so I begrudgingly purchase 800 ms points so I can change my Windows Live gamertag because the bitch of a thing defaulted to my real name. Problem is, when I go into "edit profile" on the xbox live / windows live website, the gamertag is greyed out and I have no visible option to change it.

I selected the "How to change gamertag" option and it lists how you can change it on your xbox but there are no such instructions for PC. What am I missing here? Why is it so friggin cryptic to do something that should be really simple!?

Please, someone save me from this frustration :confused:

It's criminal that they charge you to change your gamertag. When I had a 360 I wanted to change mine also until I found out they wanted 800 credits to do it. I now have a PS3 instead so can't help you.

It's criminal that they charge you to change your gamertag. When I had a 360 I wanted to change mine also until I found out they wanted 800 credits to do it. I now have a PS3 instead so can't help you.

Welcome to Microsoft land. Well, except you now. A PS3 is such an "upgrade" :rolleyes:

And, the answer is... If you dont have an xbox console or know someone who does.. You are sh!t out of luck!

There is NO WAY to change your Windows Live gamertag because it is wretchedly tied into an Xbox live account. The only way to change your gamertag is to edit your profile on your console and spend 800 fucking ms points.

DIE microsoft, you evil scumbags...

Welcome to Microsoft land. Well, except you now. A PS3 is such an "upgrade" :rolleyes:

For gaming? meh, they are about the same to me. Granted, I would still probably get a 360 if I cared about console games.

As an entertainment system? Hell ya it is an upgrade. Better sound, better DVD playback, Blu-Ray and awesome upconverting capabilities. AND AND it is quite :)..... Plus it comes with built in Wi-FI and free online. I can go there, download a number of themes, browse the web, I can download demos free. Msoft charges you to have an account, they charge you for the freakin demos and charge you to change your name......

For gaming? meh, they are about the same to me. Granted, I would still probably get a 360 if I cared about console games.

As an entertainment system? Hell ya it is an upgrade. Better sound, better DVD playback, Blu-Ray and awesome upconverting capabilities. AND AND it is quite :)..... Plus it comes with built in Wi-FI and free online. I can go there, download a number of themes, browse the web, I can download demos free. Msoft charges you to have an account, they charge you for the freakin demos and charge you to change your name......

lol, yea the quiet thing I like, I can hear the 360 read the disc over my surround sound system.

Yea, it is for me considering it doubles as my BluRay player and doesn't sound like a jet taking off when it's on either. :rolleyes:

Msoft charges you to have an account, they charge you for the freakin demos and charge you to change your name......

They charge you for demos now?! They didn't charge for demos when I had mine so that is news to me. Another +1 for PS3 is that I can buy any laptop HDD and stick it in my PS3. With a 360 you have to buy Microsoft's overpriced proprietary HDDs. I'm going to swap my PS3 HDD for a 500GB HDD (Samsung M6 $129.99 at newegg.ca) and put my 200GB MP3 collection on it. I didn't pay anything to switch to PS3 because I traded my 360 to a friend for it. I also do 99% of my gaming on the superior PC platform.

Yea, it is for me considering it doubles as my BluRay player and doesn't sound like a jet taking off when it's on either. :rolleyes:

lol, I remember when I had a 360. I bought the Elite edition with Bioshock and NBA 2k7. I took it back a week later as I decided to upgrade my PC instead.

Anyway, the thing FELT powerful, haha. The huge ass brick for PSU, the loudness, felt like a powerhouse. But FELT is as far as it really got, it didn't really deliver :p.

Second go round, a year later, I decided to go with PS3. Why? I do not really care too much for console games, aside from sport games which are N/A on PC; and occsional demo's. I only really play NBA2k9 on PS3, not too much either. Going with 360 wasn't really a smart choice as I would not get as much use out of it. My ps3 can upscale way better o my 1080p than my 360 did, and blu-ray :).

I mostly only play sports games on my PS3 too. EA's Fifa08 being my favorite. Should probably get 09 version but not sure if it is a worthwhile upgrade after playing the demo. I do have GTA4 but never play it, will one day.

Back