Gran Turismo

VolvoR

Gawd
So...does anyone out there believe that we'll see this game before the end of this year?

It's the ONLY reason I bought my PS3, and now there are rumors that the game will be delayed to 2010!! WTF??

GT5:p has enough cars, tracks and online gameplay to keep me entertain with my G25 until the full game is out.

So...does anyone out there believe that we'll see this game before the end of this year?

It's the ONLY reason I bought my PS3, and now there are rumors that the game will be delayed to 2010!! WTF??

I'd guess 2010. Until then though you can be a sucker and pay 35 dollars for a demo :)

Yeah pay $35 for a demo with over 70 cars, 6 tracks, more than 30 events in four different classes, online gameplay, and plenty of HD videos in GT-TV. :rolleyes:

I guess that this demo is better than a full game like NFS Undercover. :D

GT5 will be the best racing game probably ever, but that doesn't mean the prologue demo isn't a scam for 35 bucks.

GT5 will be the best racing game probably ever, but that doesn't mean the prologue demo isn't a scam for 35 bucks.

Until the GT team learns what real life physics are, Forza will reign supreme. Having 2 to 3 times as many cars as Forza is great, but no damage is not cool. I had a friend who would do races by just riding along the wall of every track. He would actually win the race 2/3rd of the time because he would bring in a faster car and try not to spin. That is a JOKE. And please don't say well, GT Prologue had good physics, because they were a joke. The game was a joke for the most part. I would much rather play Grid over GT Prologue any day of the week.

I am not a Forza fanboy either. I logged countless hours into GT3, but seeing what Gran Turismo 5 could become is mind boggling. They could add so many cool features that would blow all other racing games out of the water with the PS3, but I honestly do not think they will do it.

Has anyoen figured out how to get GT5: P to actually update? My update has failed every time.

Until the GT team learns what real life physics are, Forza will reign supreme. Having 2 to 3 times as many cars as Forza is great, but no damage is not cool. I had a friend who would do races by just riding along the wall of every track. He would actually win the race 2/3rd of the time because he would bring in a faster car and try not to spin. That is a JOKE. And please don't say well, GT Prologue had good physics, because they were a joke. The game was a joke for the most part. I would much rather play Grid over GT Prologue any day of the week.

I am not a Forza fanboy either. I logged countless hours into GT3, but seeing what Gran Turismo 5 could become is mind boggling. They could add so many cool features that would blow all other racing games out of the water with the PS3, but I honestly do not think they will do it.

Too bad that you need to crash around to enjoy a racing game. If you have a nice wheel like the G25, you will know which game has the best physics if you can drive properly on track without crashing. GRID just feels too arcade.

Too bad that you need to crash around to enjoy a racing game. If you have a nice wheel like the G25, you will know which game has the best physics if you can drive properly on track without crashing. GRID just feels too arcade.

LOL I totally agree.

Learn not to crash! This isn't twisted metal

I thought GT 5 was s upposed to have better physics and finally include car damage?

LOL I totally agree.

Learn not to crash! This isn't twisted metal

I don't think its "not" about crashing, I think its about the immersion.

Damage just makes driving more carefully more rewarding, such as I don't want to total my front end/suspension/alignment on turn 1 with a pack full of cars. I'd be more careful in my approach rather than just speeding into the pack and not having anything happen to my car. I love GT, and I can't wait for 5 to come out but the fact still remains the best racing game in the world should have better physics and some form of damage modeling.

no car damage

id assume better physics

and i hope it's not released around final fantasy or ill have to decide which one to play first.

If the goal is realism, which it seems to be in these games, how is realistic car damage physics somehow excluded from the rest of the game's realism? Seems like just another example of you shitting on something good just to defend your platform of choice. I bet if GT only had 5 cars we'd have you on this forum saying "Why do you need more cars, I'm a master of the 5 cars they give you and they're very exciting and fun to play"

I've nver met a fan of driving games that didn't think that damage is better than no damage. It's ok to admit that things you like have room to improve.

i think i've played the gt games so much that i dont care if there is damage or not anymore.

it would be a nice option though if you could turn it on and off. or if they only included it for the rally races, that would be nice

I don't think its "not" about crashing, I think its about the immersion.

Damage just makes driving more carefully more rewarding, such as I don't want to total my front end/suspension/alignment on turn 1 with a pack full of cars. I'd be more careful in my approach rather than just speeding into the pack and not having anything happen to my car. I love GT, and I can't wait for 5 to come out but the fact still remains the best racing game in the world should have better physics and some form of damage modeling.

I don't know about you but when I play GT5:p online, there is no better feeling than beating those cheating noobs fairly. You can see them cutting through corners, slamming against other cars and push others to make them spin. As long as you stay focus and wait for the opportunity, you can take those noobs easily. With a nice wheel like the G25, you can really push the car and feel how the car handles. For me, no damage modelling is better because when racing against those cheating noobs, I don't want to damage my car just because I was rammed by a f*cking noob.

You don't really need a damage modelling to drive properly. If you need some kind of penalty to keep you from racing unfairly, I'm sure that sooner or later you will be beaten by a fair driver. Even if you can beat others by driving unfairly, deep down inside, you know that you won because you cheat. However, there is nothing more embarrassing than losing eventhough you have cheated.

Hopefully not too long... GT5:p isn't enough of a game to keep me entertained.

Would be interesting to see Forza 3 and GT5 release close to each other. I think GT5 will have the graphical edge, but I've always preferred the Forza physics and AI.

I don't know about you but when I play GT5:p online, there is no better feeling than beating those cheating noobs fairly. You can see them cutting through corners, slamming against other cars and push others to make them spin. As long as you stay focus and wait for the opportunity, you can take those noobs easily. With a nice wheel like the G25, you can really push the car and feel how the car handles. For me, no damage modelling is better because when racing against those cheating noobs, I don't want to damage my car just because I was rammed by a f*cking noob.

You don't really need a damage modelling to drive properly. If you need some kind of penalty to keep you from racing unfairly, I'm sure that sooner or later you will be beaten by a fair driver. Even if you can beat others by driving unfairly, deep down inside, you know that you won because you cheat. However, there is nothing more embarrassing than losing eventhough you have cheated.

That little rant made no sense. You do realize that if the game had realistic physics that penalized bumping and crashing like in real life, people wouldn't be playing in this "noobish" way that you're whining about, right? Not to mention the fact that it totally enhances gameplay too. How could you be a racing fan and not want this feature?

That little rant made no sense. You do realize that if the game had realistic physics that penalized bumping and crashing like in real life, people wouldn't be playing in this "noobish" way that you're whining about, right? Not to mention the fact that it totally enhances gameplay too. How could you be a racing fan and not want this feature?

If you play online, there will always be noobs around with or without damage modelling. With damage modelling, you will be penalised for other's wrong doing.

If you play online, there will always be noobs around with or without damage modelling. With damage modelling, you will be penalised for other's wrong doing.

It's almost as if in racing, when you bump into something, there are consequences....so bizarre.

Probably 2010 but I agree with the comments about the need for car damage until that is sorted Forza is the king.

It's almost as if in racing, when you bump into something, there are consequences....so bizarre.

In real life racing, you won't be racing against noobs. If they drive like that in real life racing, they won't even get through the first corner. Btw no racing game with damage modelling is close enough to real life racing on tracks. On track racing is also my hobby, I don't do street racing. We also design and build our own race car.

Btw no racing game with damage modelling is close enough to real life racing on tracks.
Does that mean we shouldn't have it at all? You might as well say the same about the AI because they're no-where near close enough to real life.

I think most people would prefer to have car damage because it makes it more realistic and makes you race like you really would in real life. Can't wait to play GT5 :D Probably have to steal my brother's PS3 haha.

Does that mean we shouldn't have it at all? You might as well say the same about the AI because they're no-where near close enough to real life.

That's why you play online against real people, however online there are also noobs around. I prefer a game with a quite realistic handling and the car won't be damaged by noobs than a game with arcade handling but the car can be damaged by noobs. With realistic handling, once you have passed those noobs, you won't be bothered with crashing anymore.

In real life racing, you won't be racing against noobs. If they drive like that in real life racing, they won't even get through the first corner. Btw no racing game with damage modelling is close enough to real life racing on tracks. On track racing is also my hobby, I don't do street racing. We also design and build our own race car.

It would be news to race car drivers in......every kind of racing that exists...that the laws of physics don't apply on the track, or that they never have any contact with the road, other carsd, or anything else while racing. You must not be familiar with...well....anything.

That's why you play online against real people, however online there are also noobs around. I prefer a game with a quite realistic handling and the car won't be damaged by noobs than a game with arcade handling but the car can be damaged by noobs. With realistic handling, once you have passed those noobs, you won't be bothered with crashing anymore.

I think you must think if you just say the word noobs enough you might make sense. It's not working.

Alg7_munif you need to quit your console racing and start racing in clubs/leagues on the PC sims... You get more accurate physics (even though Forza 2 and GT 5P ísn´t totally unrealistic) but in clubs/leagues the racing is about as good as in real life... Often better since people aren´t allowed to cut corners as much as they like and the judgments is often harder then in real life... In real racing you can often put other cars off track without penalties given...

there is of course pickup races as well and they are miles better then in the arcade racers. But still you don´t have people that have practised that track in preparation of a race. Two they don´t take it as seriously and three they have never learned how to race proper as you have to if you are going into a club/league and not being expelled.

You get kind of a family it´s harder to disrespect a driver you know ;)

But really that is the only type of racing I can do online. As for arcade racing on consoles I find that if people just show no respect and show me off I kind of adapt to that as well... the atmosphere don´t encourage clean driving that´s for sure...

Only way would be to get a good friend list going and race eachother. But it´s so much easier to organize races on a computer then on a console.

It would be news to race car drivers in......every kind of racing that exists...that the laws of physics don't apply on the track, or that they never have any contact with the road, other carsd, or anything else while racing. You must not be familiar with...well....anything.

Have you ever race on track before? Like I said before, the handling in GT5:p is quite realistic especially with a nice wheel like G25. If you like arcade racer and crashing around then good for you. I prefer realistic handling but I don't want my car to be damaged by noobs. oqvist is right, PC sims are better but for a console game, GT5:p is really a good option. Btw I want you to meet my race team and our race car.

Have you ever race on track before? Like I said before, the handling in GT5:p is quite realistic especially with a nice wheel like G25. If you like arcade racer and crashing around then good for you. I prefer realistic handling but I don't want my car to be damaged by noobs. oqvist is right, PC sims are better but for a console game, GT5:p is really a good option. Btw I want you to meet my race team and our race car.

That picture just makes what you're saying more pathetic, Maybe if you keeps saying that real physics is bad gameplay enough times you might convince yourself, but you won't be convincing actual racing fans. Also, you didn't say noobs enough in your last post.

That picture just makes what you're saying more pathetic, Maybe if you keeps saying that real physics is bad gameplay enough times you might convince yourself, but you won't be convincing actual racing fans. Also, you didn't say noobs enough in your last post.

I'm not saying that real physics is bad but what I'm saying is the physics in GT5:p is quite real. Compared to GRID, GT5:p even has a better handling. GT5:p also does well if you make contact with other cars when taking a corner, with that kind of contact, it won't damage your car but it is enough to make you lose control of the car. In GRID, you just need to put the pedal to the metal and brake when neccessary but you don't need to apply the throttle gently or play with the gas pedal to keep your car stable.

GT5:p just doesn't have damage modelling but it is an advantage for me because like I said before, I don't want my car to be damaged by noobs in online races. If you play online, you can see the noobs slamming the cars around, they are not just making small contacts that happen oftenly in real life.

I'm not saying that real physics is bad but what I'm saying is the physics in GT5:p is quite real. Compared to GRID, GT5:p even has a better handling.
Umm... GRID is an arcade game, not a simulation. You might as well compare the handling in Forza 2 / GT5:p to PGR4.

Umm... GRID is an arcade game, not a simulation. You might as well compare the handling in Forza 2 / GT5:p to PGR4.

Tell that to this guy here:

Tell that to this guy here:

So because one person made a comment about Grid, you have a point? He was pointing out exactly what we are: not having real physics makes GT as lacking in essential racing simulation gameplay as a game like grid does for other reasons...

I'll just end this discussion with you with a point I made earlier: You're the only racing sim fan I've ever seen to make the argument that a racing sim shouldn't have realistic physics if it can. And it's pretty obvious the only reason you're making these tortured arguments is because you're in full "defend anything that sony does, anywhere" mode. Gamers > fanboys.

So because one person made a comment about Grid, you have a point? He was pointing out exactly what we are: not having real physics makes GT as lacking in essential racing simulation gameplay as a game like grid does for other reasons...

I'll just end this discussion with you with a point I made earlier: You're the only racing sim fan I've ever seen to make the argument that a racing sim shouldn't have realistic physics if it can. And it's pretty obvious the only reason you're making these tortured arguments is because you're in full "defend anything that sony does, anywhere" mode. Gamers > fanboys.

Geez, don't be so harsh on him. He's just stating that he likes only certain things to be realistic.

That would suck if they made an FPS game that was so realistic you get hurt(in real life) when you get shot(in game). lol.

Geez, don't be so harsh on him. He's just stating that he likes only certain things to be realistic.

That would suck if they made an FPS game that was so realistic you get hurt(in real life) when you get shot(in game). lol.

Yes, I was suggesting that if you crash in GT you should go headfirst through your HDTV. I'd totally buy the physics gaming chair upgrade for that.

What? Can't you read? I said that realistic physics is already there in GT5:p, it just lacks damage modelling. If you have a proper wheel, you will know which game has realistic physics, if you just play with a joypad, pressing the accelerator with a finger, yeah that would be very realistic :rolleyes:

Please tell us one thing, have you ever tried the GT5:p "demo" with a proper wheel and without any driving assists? Compare it to other "full games" with damage modelling like GRID? I don't know about Forza 2 since my 360 doesn't support G25 and the MS wireless wheel is a joke so I didn't buy it.

What? Can't you read? I said that realistic physics is already there in GT5:p, it just lacks damage modelling. If you have a proper wheel, you will know which game has realistic physics, if you just play with a joypad, pressing the accelerator with a finger, yeah that would be very realistic :rolleyes:

Please tell us one thing, have you ever tried the GT5:p "demo" with a proper wheel and without any driving assists? Compare it to other "full games" with damage modelling like GRID? I don't know about Forza 2 since my 360 doesn't support G25 and the MS wireless wheel is a joke so I didn't buy it.

I have played it with a G25 (not mine, don't own one), which is why I said earlier in this thread that I think GT5 will be the best racing game, possibly ever, even without damage physics. I happen to think that one of the best racing games ever should certainly include a feature that 99.9% of racing fans think is a positive addition to a game. I'm still baffled why you think it wouldn't. Other than "noobs".

I have played it with a G25 (not mine, don't own one), which is why I said earlier in this thread that I think GT5 will be the best racing game, possibly ever, even without damage physics. I happen to think that one of the best racing games ever should certainly include a feature that 99.9% of racing fans think is a positive addition to a game. I'm still baffled why you think it wouldn't. Other than "noobs".

Damage modelling is good but it is not neccessary for me and I prefer to play online without damage because I don't want my car to be damaged by noobs.

When I play offline, having damage modelling won't make much of a difference for me. Even without damage modelling, I'm not going to crash the car around. When I play GRID, most of the time I would only have scratches on my car so I don't think that damage modelling will make a difference for me. If you need to have damage modelling to drive properly then good for you, but for me it won't make any difference at all.

Back