CPU-Z reporting wrong memory? (CM3X2G1600C8D)

Xpletive

Limp Gawd
i'm running 3 sticks of the 1600 2gb corsair memory, but for some reason CPU-Z is reporting something strange in Slot #1

anyone else run into something like this?

memoryerror.jpg

with the stick in question in slot 3, CPU-Z 1.49:

corsairSPDerror.jpg

i am running TR3X6G1600C8D (3x2GB)

tried it with CPU-Z 1.49 but it comes up with the same data.

At a glance, it appears that 1 of your 3 modules simply has the wrong SPD programmed. If you want, we will replace this kit. Are you actually having any stability issues and will the entire kit run at its rated speed?

At a glance, it appears that 1 of your 3 modules simply has the wrong SPD programmed. If you want, we will replace this kit. Are you actually having any stability issues and will the entire kit run at its rated speed?

well i was looking forward to being able to load the XMP profile into the p6t bios, but it does not come up, maybe because of the incorrect SPD. memtest ran through all of the memory fine when i was troubleshooting an unrelated issue.

i'm going to try and swap the stick in slot 1 with the others to see if i can confirm it is that one stick.

i also have another set of 6gb coming in (corsair of course), the same kit, should be here in a few days.

Keep in mind that XMP is not likely going to work with 6 modules as that is not part of the Intel XMP specification. You'll need to set all the voltages and timings manually.

Try setting the following: 8-8-8-24, 1T command rate, at 1600mhz using 1.66v DRAM voltage. You may also need to increase your QPI DRAM Bus voltage just a little above stock. On my P6T using the 0905 BIOS, I was able to run 1T (1N actually on Intel boards) with 6GB or 12GB at 1600.

If the kit won't run stock speeds of 1600, we'll replace it. Use the link below.

http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx

I've set all of my timings manually soon after the rig was completed.

I swapped the stick in slot 1 with slot 3, and here's the result (as you predicted):

corsairSPDerror.jpg

memory installed:

corsairinp6t.jpg

stick in question:

corsairstick.jpg

I had 2 SLI ready memory kits that were the same but had different SPDs, which did not allow them to be detected as SLI ready. CPUZ also showed them as different memory, though they were the same.I simply copied the SPD from one set and flashed the other set. All 4 are the same now :)

I had 2 SLI ready memory kits that were the same but had different SPDs, which did not allow them to be detected as SLI ready. CPUZ also showed them as different memory, though they were the same.I simply copied the SPD from one set and flashed the other set. All 4 are the same now :)

gotcha, i looked up SPD flash software and found a few utilities but to be honest i'd much rather have corsair RMA one stick than to void the warranty and potentially screw something up.

gotcha, i looked up SPD flash software and found a few utilities but to be honest i'd much rather have corsair RMA one stick than to void the warranty and potentially screw something up.
That's probably the safest thing to do. This ram was identical except for the location of manufacturing, which threw off the SPD from being the same. I knew it was safe.

after paying over $330 for this kit at its launch (and with another set on the way) i would be really happy if each stick had the correct SPD programmed, i've submitted a ticket - thanks Mike.
Send me a PM with your ticket or case number please. I'll expedite for you.

And, FYI, I have forwarded this to the people that need to see it so we can figure out how it happened and correct it. Thanks for being cool about all this :cool:

Send me a PM with your ticket or case number please. I'll expedite for you.

And, FYI, I have forwarded this to the people that need to see it so we can figure out how it happened and correct it. Thanks for being cool about all this :cool:

RMA in progress thank you Mike and Corsair, i'll update this thread when it comes

Back