Easy PS3 Games?

• Thread starter Deleted member 143938
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143938

Can anyone recommend me some? I'm really terrible at gaming now, I have MKvsDCU and Warhawk and I suck too bad to have fun with them. I can't get myself to remember the combos for MKvsDCU (well part of it is because I refuse to limit myself to one character, I want to be able to enjoy the entire character selection, not train myself on one for a month straight), and can't aim for shit in Warhawk. I'm going to get LBP soon, does anyone know of any other games that don't require twitch skills or skill in general?

I don't want games where you have to memorize moves, have incredible aiming skills, etc

You could give Folklore a try. There is a demo of that game on the PSN. It uses the sixaxis to capture folks. It can, however, be repetitive and frustrating at times.

Another game is Valkyria Chronicles. A strategy RPG so you don't have to worry about training to play it. There is a demo on the PSN as well.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Pff yeah right.

I'll try Valkyre (actually had it downloaded for about 2 days, just haven't gotten a chance to play it yet). Also have Ratchet and Clank, it's alright but got a bit repetative

I don't know what it is. Since around the time I turned 17 or 18 I just started turning into a 60 year old everytime I launched a game. My memory goes kaput and before 17 I could have like 3:1 ratio in shooters, now it's barely 1:1.

I start a game with the hopes of having fun but by the time I turn the console off I'm frustrated mad as hell

The new Prince of Persia is a cakewalk, but a great experience overall.

Um... that's actually the only retail game I have that I considered easy. lol

The new Prince of Persia is a cakewalk, but a great experience overall.

Um... that's actually the only retail game I have that I considered easy. lol

I was going to suggest this as well since you can't die at all in the game.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

LOL, I can't even beat the demo...

LittleBigPlanet is easy to the max. Burnout Paradise is easy (you don't even need to do the races, you can just drive around smashing into stuff)

On the downloadable side of things, fl0w is very easy. The Pixeljunk games are NOT easy but you need to have them no matter what.

Valkyria Chronicles is great and not overly difficult -- you have to think and plan things, but you set the pace for the most part. I personally don't have the best reaction times in the world so I find 'twitch' games annoying as anything, and 1st/3rd person shooters with a gamepad are hell on earth after years of playing with keyboard and mouse. I understand your frustration.

LittleBigPlanet is great fun, by the way, but don't let the E rating fool you. It's not always easy.

Wow.. the Valkyria demo was AMAZING. This may be the first game in a long long time that I'm going to actually buy!

Just got LBP in the mail from GameFly, going to have some fun with that as well :) Next will be Prince of Persia, thanks for the suggestions!

Glad to hear you like Valkyria Chronicles. That, LBP, and Wipeout HD are about all I ever play at this point.

If you like racing games I cannot recommend Wipeout HD enough. It's gorgeous and the sense of speed on the later tracks / game modes is amazing. Probably one of the best looking games on PS3 right now, bar none. The learning curve can be a little steep if you've never played anything from the Wipeout series, but you'll pick it up, and it's extremely rewarding. Plus, it's $20, downloadable. Can't really go wrong. (Unfortunately there is no demo, but... if you like racing games, just trust me on this one. Really. It gets more play than any of my store-bought titles.)

Another game is Valkyria Chronicles. A strategy RPG so you don't have to worry about training to play it. There is a demo on the PSN as well.

Valkyria != EASY
Sure you don't need skills with moving on pad but it's pretty hard stategic game where you need to repeat missions multiple times to get succesfull.

Valkyria != EASY
Sure you don't need skills with moving on pad but it's pretty hard stategic game where you need to repeat missions multiple times to get succesfull.

The OP doesn't strike me as stupid, but more someone like me who hates that the consoles are so stuck on 1st/3rd person shooters with the horrible gamepad controls and twitch gaming.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

LOL. You bastard. That's just MEAN.

Ratchet & Clank, as has been mentioned. I loved Tools of Destruction and really enjoyed Quest for Booty (PSN Download). Uncharted was really good, too.

The OP doesn't strike me as stupid, but more someone like me who hates that the consoles are so stuck on 1st/3rd person shooters with the horrible gamepad controls and twitch gaming.

Oh sorry then. I only wanted to give a warning.

Also going along those lines Disgaea 3 and Civilization Revolution could be good too.

PS. Stay away from Ninja Gaiden and Wipeout HD

PS. Stay away from Ninja Gaiden and Wipeout HD

I actually really like Wipeout HD, but I've been a fan of the series since the original Wip3out on PSX / Saturn and had both Pure and Pulse for PSP, so it's not so much something new to me as seeing what it should've been the first time... and the OP did say he likes racing at some point, I believe.

Sigh yes wipeout is good but OP didn't want hard games - can you find any racing game harder than it ? Not to mention you must absolutly memorize all speed pads if you plan on doing succesfull in the game.

pixeljunk monsters / eden, they get really hard at the end, but there's hours of fun / easier levels at first.

Yeah not much into racing games. I actually was big into Wipeout about 8 years ago where there was a PC version. But like I mentioned nowdays I just don't have the patience to learn the maps/strategies.

Just wanted some easy games that you can just launch and be able to do well in them almost right away without putting too much time into learning strats, secret spots, special moves or be raped online for 2 months before you start getting 1:1 KD

So far it's Valkyria Chronicles, Prince of Persia, LBP, Folklore, and R&C. I use GameFly to rent games and can't afford to buy arcade games, so the arcade ones aren't really good for me =/

How is Resistance 1 and 2 story mode? Lots of game overs?

Back