Gigabyte Bios Settings Guide P965 P35 P45 X38 X48

BillParrish

Supreme [H]ardness
OK here goes. This is a work in progress.

All recent Gigabytes (well the Intel boards anyway) use the same basic bios. So what I have done here is pick the most complex, the X48 and detail as best as I can what the settings do and provide some informational links if you really want to get into it and where practical give a suggested default setting. If you have any non-Nehalem Gigabyte board I am hoping this post cover all your settings. Some you will NOT have, just ignore the ones that do not show up in your bios. If I still have time I am thinking of some code/symbol in front of each bios settings that will flag which chipsets the setting shows up in the bios, or color code or something but for now just want to get the meat out there before the red fat man brings the goodies.

The bios main menu is broken up into sub menus and I will make a post for each section that needs explaining. The M,I.T. is where the OCing meat is.

Edit: the EP45 is so significantily different I will do a separate post on its MIT.

While I will make comments and have a general info post this is not a comprehensive OCing guide.

Your manual is your friend and the most powerful computer in your home is the one between your ears.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for nothing, I have done the best I can to provide accurate information. Several settings can easily be set to values that can/will damage components on the board or at least reduce their lifetime. All settings recommendations, comments are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Apology: I am sick of tied of BS bios setting and the failure of manufacturers to provide direct technical explanations of what they are for or do. Therefore you will find several places where my disgust is very apparent. Sorry, cant help it. This did not help my mood either, http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3471

Warning: Even though these boards have been out a while they are still not what I would call mature and bios revisions are still being released. I do not have one of these boards so my information is all from 2nd sources which I document either at the point of use or in the "References" section I will include. See "Disclamier" above.

TIP #1 - If you have a board that uses DDR3 - Nvidia EPP (memory profiles) and Intel XMP (memory profiles) are NOT compatible. BUY THE CORRECT DDR3 MEMORY FOR THE BOARD. These "extra" memory profiles have been set up, we hope, by engineers that live and breath memory and if you get the right memory and enable the XMP extended profile in the boards bios, 95% of your memory tuning/optimization will be done for you by people that really know their stuff and you can tweak from there. Just look at all the stuff for the EP45 board. Do you really really want to start messing with all that stuff without knowing exactly how it all interacts? I can tell you what each thing is and in theory how it works but unless you spent the last year analyzing the MCH timings and overall system buss timings you (and I) don't have a clue how it will all interact. For a Gigabyte EP45 that has XMP support in the bios (download and check the manual if you have too) - run, do not walk, and get you some memory with XMP profiles stored in the SPD chip on the memory stick.

TIP #2 - If you already have EPP memory get a program like this http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=20349 (since I dont have a newer board I have not tryed this on anything but my P965, be careful because it can write to the SPD chip as well as read it ) and dump the entire EPP profile. You can then figure out what a lot of the advanced settings should/maybe/might be optimum. It is not straightforward, as most things are in Tic's which is a clock tick so you must convert frequency into time, but its not hard. I may give an example later.

Date (mm:dd:yy) Wed, Dec 10 2008

Time (hh:mm:ss) 18:25:04

IDE Channel 0 Master [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 0 Slave_ [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 1 Master [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 1 Slave_ [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 2 Master [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 3 Master [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 4 Master [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 4 Slave_ [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 5 Master [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]
IDE Channel 5 Slave_ [ Auto(Default), None, Manual ]

Drive A [ None, 360K/5.25", 1.2M/5.25", 720K/3.5",1.44M/3.5", 2.88M/3.5". ]

Floppy 3 Mode Support [ Disabled (Default), Drive A. ]

Halt On [ No Errors, All Errors, All But Keyboard(Default), All But Diskette, All But Disk/Key ]

Base Memory 640K

Extended Memory 510M

Total Memory 512M

Hard Disk Boot Priority__________ [ Press Enter ]

First Boot Device________________ [ Floppy ]

Second Boot Device_______________ [ Hard Disk ]

Third Boot Device________________ [ CDROM ]

Password Check___________________ [ Setup (Default), System ]

HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability________ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3 (*Note)____ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

No-Execute Memory Protect (*Note) [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) (*Note)__ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) (*Note)[ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

CPU EIST Function (*Note)________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Virtualization Technology (*Note) [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Full Screen LOGO Show____________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Init Display First_______________ [ PCI (Default), PEG, PEG2 ]

(*Note) This item is present only if you install a CPU that supports this feature. For more information about Intel CPUs' unique features, please visit Intel's website.

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode_________ [ Disabled (Default), AHCI, RAID ]

SATA Port0-3 Native Mode____ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

USB Controller______________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

USB 2.0 Controller__________ [ Disabled, Enabled ( Default) ]

USB Keyboard Support________ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

USB Mouse Support___________ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

Legacy USB storage detect___ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Azalia Codec________________ [ Disabled, Auto (Default) ]

Onboard H/W 1394____________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Onboard H/W LAN1____________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Onboard H/W LAN2____________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

SMART LAN1__________________ [ Press Enter ]

SMART LAN2__________________ [ Press Enter ]

Onboard LAN1 Boot ROM_______ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

Onboard LAN2 Boot ROM_______ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

Onboard SATA/IDE Device_____ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode__ [ IDE (Default), AHCI, RAID/IDE ]

Onboard Serial Port 1_______ [3F8/IRQ4(Default), 2F8/IRQ3, 3E8/IRQ4, 2E8/IRQ3, Disabled ]

Onboard Parallel Port_______ [378/IRQ7(Default), 278/IRQ5, 3BC/IRQ7, Disabled ]

Parallel Port Mode__________ [SPP (Default), EPP, ECP, ECP+EPP ]

ACPI Suspend Type________ [ S1(POS), S3(STR) (Default) ]

Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN______[ Instant-Off (Default), Delay 4 Sec. ]

PME Event Wake Up________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Power On by Ring_________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

Resume by Alarm__________ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

Date (of Month) Alarm____ Everyday

Time (hh:mm:ss) Alarm____ 0 : 0 : 0
_
HPET Support (*Note)_____ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default) ]

HPET Mode (*Note)________ [ 32-bit mode (Default), 64-bit mode ]

Power On By Mouse________ [ Disabled (Default), Double Click]

Power On By Keyboard_____ [Disabled (Default), Password, Keyboard 98 ]

KB Power ON Password_____ <Enter>

AC Back Function_________ [ Soft-Off( Default), Full-On, Memory]

(*Note) Supported on Windows® Vista® operating system only.

PCI1 IRQ Assignment______ [ Auto (Default), 3,4,5,7,9,10,11,12,14,15]

PCI2 IRQ Assignment______ [ Auto (Default), 3,4,5,7,9,10,11,12,14,15]

Reset Case Open Status_____________ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

Case Opened________________________ No

Vcore______________________________ 1.332V

DDR18V_____________________________ 1.840V

+3.3V______________________________ 3.296V

+12V______________________________ 12.048V

Current System Temperature________ 30oC

Current CPU Temperature___________ 47oC

Current CPU FAN Speed___________ 3375 RPM

Current SYSTEM FAN2 Speed__________ 0 RPM

Current POWER FAN Speed____________ 0 RPM

Current SYSTEM FAN1 Speed__________ 0 RPM

CPU Warning Temperature__ [ Disabled ( Default), 60oC/140oF, 70oC/158oF, 80oC/176oF, 90oC/194oF.]

CPU FAN Fail Warning________ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled]

SYSTEM FAN2 Fail Warning____ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled]

POWER FAN Fail Warning______ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled]

SYSTEM FAN1 Fail Warning____ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled]

CPU Smart FAN Control_______ [ Disabled. Enabled (Default) ]

CPU Smart FAN Mode__________ [ Auto (Default), Voltage, PWM ]

Robust Graphics Booster_________ [ Auto (Default), Fast, Turbo. ]
http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/NewTech/Tech_20041125_PX_RGB.htm
CPU Clock Ratio (Note)__________ [ ??X ]

CPU Frequency ?.??GHz (???x??)

CPU Host Clock Control__________ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]

x CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)______ ???

PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_____ [ Auto (Default = 100MHz), <Enter a value> ]

C.I.A. 2________________________ [ Disabled (Default), Cruise, Sports, Racing, Turbo, Full Thrust ]

Performance Enhance_____________ [ Standard, Turbo (Default), Extreme ]

System Memory Multiplier________ (SPD) ______ [ Auto (Default), others depending on FSB ]

Memory Frequency (Mhz)___________ ??? __________ ???

DRAM Timing Selectable__________ (SPD) ______ [ Auto (Default), others ]

******** Standard Timing Control ********
x CAS Latency Time______________ W __________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay_______ X __________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x DRAM RAS# Precharge___________ Y __________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x Precharge delay(tRAS)_________ Z __________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

******** Advanced Timing Control ********
x ACT to ACT Delay(tRRD)___________ A _______ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x Rank Write to READ Delay_________ B _______ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x Write To Precharge Delay_________ C _______ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x Refresh to ACT Delay______________D _______ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x Read to Precharge Delay__________ E _______ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x Static tRead Value_______________ F _______ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x Static tRead Phase Adjust________ G _______ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x Command Rate (CMD)_______________ H _______ [ Auto (Default), 1T, 2T <Enter to set> ]

******** Clock Driving & Skew Control ********
CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control_________ [700mV, 800mV (Default), 900mV, 1000mV.]

CPU Clock Skew Control__________________ [Normal (Default), 50ps~750ps.]

(G)MCH Clock Skew Control_______________ [Normal (Default), 50ps~750ps ]

******** System Voltage Optimized ********
System Voltage Control_________________________ [ Manual (Default), Auto ]

DDR2 OverVoltage Control_______________________ [ Normal (Default), +V ]

PCI-E OverVoltage Control______________________ [ Normal (Default), +V ]

FSB OverVoltage Control________________________ [ Normal (Default), +V ]

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control_____________________ [ Normal (Default), +V ]

Loadline Calibration___________________________ [ Disabled, Enabled (Default)]

CPU Voltage Control____________________________ [Normal (Default), +V ]

Normal CPU Vcore X.xxxxx V

Robust Graphics Booster_________ [ Auto (Default), Fast, Turbo. ]
BS setting, Basically useless, leave on Auto unless you have a Gigabyte branded video card.
http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/NewTech/Tech_20041125_PX_RGB.htm

CPU Clock Ratio (Note)__________ [ ??X ]
Basic Performance setting. Typically set to your CPU highest multiplier- only accepts whole numbers. This is your CPU multiplier setting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors

Fine CPU Clock Ratio (Note 1)___ [+0.0]
Basic Performance setting. Allows 1/2 step (.5) additional CPU multiplier. For example if your CPU supports a 10.5 multiplier, CPU Clock Ratio would be 10 and Fine CPU Clock Ratio would be 0.5.

CPU Frequency ?.??GHz (???x??)
Informational only. Displays the current operating CPU frequency with the FSB x multiplier indicated inside the "( )". Will change after a reboot according to user settings so only accurate when you first go into the bios if you make any changes that might affect it.

******** Clock Chip Control ********

>>>>> Standard Clock Control
CPU Host Clock Control__________ [ Disabled (Default), Enabled ]
THE Performance setting. Set to enabled for overclocking to allow manual setting of FSB below.

x CPU Host Frequency (MHz)______ ???
Basic Performance setting. This is your FSB setting. The frequency entered here is used by the CPU and the MCH as a reference clock for their internal circuitry as well as setting the base FSB clock speed for the data buss between the CPU and the MCH. I strongly suggest that during initial overclocking trials or after a CMOS clear that increases over stock FSB frequency be done in fairly small steps (20MHz or so) with a reboot between changes to allow the board to reconfigure the zillion other settings and timings you do not see in the bios . The sensitivity to POST failures when making big FSB jumps depends a lot on how "close to the edge" the other settings, mainly memory, are. You will develop a feel for this as you work with the board and may later be able to do big jumps and then sneak up on your final settings. Just depends. Read this page 3 times http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3184&p=8, now read it again.

The CPU's operating speed = CPU Host Frequency (FSB) x total CPU Clock Ratio (CPU multiplier)

If you have an 800 MHz buss Intel CPU the stock FSB is 200MHz
If you have a 1033 MHz buss Intel CPU the stock FSB is 266MHz
if you have a 1333 MHz buss Intel CPU the stock FSB is 333MHz
If you have a 1600 MHz buss Intel CPU the stock FSB is 400MHz and please contact me for my rate for private consultations.

PCI Express Frequency (MHz)_____ [ Auto (Default = 100MHz), <Enter a value> ]
Advanced Performance setting. Tiny gains in video system performance can be gained by manually increasing the PCI-e buss frequency. This should wait until your CPU and memory OCing is finished. Some video cards tolerate increases better than others and some PCI-e add on cards do not like any at all. Typically you can go to 105-110MHz before issues arise. It is silly to change this and add another variable into the OCing mix before your standard OC has been determined and the machine is rock solid stable for your purposes. I highly recommend it be left alone for now. There is no harm in manually setting it to 100MHz.

C.I.A. 2________________________ [ Disabled (Default), Cruise, Sports, Racing, Turbo, Full Thrust ]
BS setting, Built in newbie overclocking, the highest setting gives a crappy 19% OC. If you cannot get a 30% overclock with manually setting the parameters yourself something is wrong. Totally ignore this setting.

>>>>> Advanced Clock Control
&#56256;&#56416; Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]

CPU Clock Drive _________________ [ 700mV, 800mV (Default), 900mV, 1000mV ]
Advanced Stability Setting. This adjustment sets the voltage level of the differential clock signal to the CPU and Northbridge that determines the CPU or Northbridge basic core operating frequency and the FSB frequency. Typically this is referred to as BCLK or Front Side Buss Clock. This clock signal is NOT used directly by the CPU or Northbridge or FSB but instead is used as a reference signal by an internal to the chip PPL (Phase Lock Loop) clock that determines the actual operating base frequency of the chip and Buss. Off hand I do not see how adjusting this would be of any benefit unless the board was of poor design or the clock chip was defective/weak and worry that overdriving the clock chip might induce more noise and jitter. From the Intel C2D datasheets the Absolute Max Voltage for this signal is 1.15V (1150mV).
From the Intel data-sheets:

For the CPU.
Front Side Bus Clock - (BCLK[1:0]) : BCLK[1:0] directly controls the FSB interface speed as well as the core frequency of the processor. As in previous generation processors, the processor’s core frequency is a multiple of the BCLK[1:0] frequency.

For the MCH (Northbridge)
HPL_CLKIN - Differential Host Clock In: These pins receive a differential host clock from the external clock synthesizer. This clock is used by all of the (G)MCH logic that is in the host clock domain.

(Fancy clock chips likely output separate clock signal pairs for the CPU and MCH that typically would be exactly in synch unless modified by clock skew settings below. http://www.nuvoton.com/NR/rdonlyres/FF0CA131-B6DB-4957-A0B5-D202AB564852/0/W83115RGBW_W83115WGBW.pdf )

PCI Express Clock Drive _________ [ 700mV, 800mV (Default) , 900mV, 1000mV ]
Advanced Stability Setting. Same deal as the above CPU clock drive but for the MCH as a reference clock for the PCI-e buss. Again I see no immediate benefit of increasing this over the standard settings as it is only a reference signal used by the MCH which then regenerates its own internal clock

EXP_CLKP, EXP_CLKN - Differential Primary PCI Express Clock In: These pins receive a differential 100 MHz Serial Reference clock from the external clock synthesizer. (Or whatever frequency is set above with the PCI Express Frequency (MHz) setting.) This clock is used by the PCI Express PLL inside the MCH which generates all PCI Express related clocks, including the Direct Media that connect to the ICH. This PLL uses the 100 MHz clock (EXP_CLKNP/EXP2_CLKNP) as a reference.

CPU Clock Skew __________________ [ 0ps (Default)[/COLOR] , 0ps~750ps ]
Advanced Stability Setting.
Allows you to set the CPU clock prior to the North Bridge clock.
Per above the master clock chip is sending out a reference clock signal to both the CPU and the MCH. Typically/normally these clock signals are exactly in step/synch. This options allows you to change that by giving the CPU a "head start". This setting allows the CPU clock signal to arrive slightly before the corresponding clock signal reaches the MCH. . It seems to me that this setting and the next one are mutually exclusive, I do not see how changing both could do anything but screw up buss timings. Play with one or the other but not both and until someone can point me to some hard data I would think the CPU Clock Skew would be the one to mess with. At extreame overclocks (high FSB buss speeds) this setting might help with stability and minor FSB overclock increases. I have been wrong plenty of times in the past. YMMV. Small values in the range of 0-200ps should be all that is needed if any benefit at all can be found.

MCH Clock Skew __________________ [ 0ps (Default) , 0ps~750ps ]
Advanced Stability Setting.
Allows you to set the North Bridge clock prior to the CPU clock.
Per above the master clock chip is sending out a reference clock signal to both the CPU and the MCH. Typically/normally these clock signals are exactly in step/synch. This options allows you to change that. This setting allows the MCH clock signal to arrive slightly before the corresponding clock signal reaches the CPU. Small values are most likely to be all that is needed. Frankly do not understand how this setting could help anything. /shrug.

******** DRAM Performance Control ********
Performance Enhance _________________________ [ Standard, Turbo (Default) , Extreme ]

IMPORTANT Performance setting. If your memory settings are set to Auto this setting has the potential to have a huge impact on memory system performance. While undocumented by Gigabyte I believe this setting changes the read delay timing of the MCH known as tRD. This affects the latency of the entire memory sub-system because it adjusts the latency of the MCH. The MCH (Memory Controller Hub) does just what its name suggests and is the connection between the CPU and the memory. When using memory multipliers other than 2.0 (1:1) the MCH must manage the data flow because the clock speed on the CPU side of the MCH and the clock speed on the memory side of the MCH do not match. Intel has done some clever things to try to minimize and make the MCH very efficient but when the MCH to memory data buss clock runs faster than the MCH to CPU data buss clock there are delays that must occur. As a side note it would likely only be in very memory intensive tasks that having a ration other than 2.0 (1:1) would make any great improvement in real world performance. Benchmarks will show big bandwidth increases etc with memory multipliers that raise memory speed to very high values but in the real world for most of us the performance increase is not there or very small. Some boards loose some stability at ratios other then 1:1 (2.0 memory multiplier in a Gigabyte bios). This is the same as adjusting the "Static Tread Value" below. It appears Performance Enhance is used when all ram settings are set to AUTO and if you manually set your timings you would instead adjust the Static tRead Value below . It is likely that even if you have to loosen some memory timings to get the "Extream" setting to work, you would end up better off. However this is something you would need to test carefully and, again, beware of synthetic benchmarks.

Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) (Note 2) ____ [ Disabled (Default), Profile 1, Profile2 ]
IMPORTANT Performance setting. Use it if you got it and you dont have to worry about memory timings or sub-timings. If you want the very best performance from the memory sub-system and do not wish to spend hours and hours reading and testing, run, do not walk, and buy some high performance memory that has XMP profiles. Be aware that while this is basically the same as "SLI ready memory" or EPP profiles (both Nvidia proprietary and usually not available on Intel chipset boards) that XMP as far as I know is only available for DDR3 type memory. For a DDR2 board this setting is useless and according to the manual this option will not appear unless your memory supports this feature.

(G)MCH Frequency Latch ______________________ [ Auto (Default), 200MHz, 266MHz, 333MHz, 400MHz ]
Advanced Performance setting. Also known as "Northbridge Strap". The Memory Controller Hub (MCH aka "Northbridge") sits between the cpu and memory and manages the flow of information/data from the CPU to the other sub systems of the board, memory, I/O, Video . The MCH is best thought of as a specialized CPU and just like your main CPU it has clock speeds, voltage settings and is greatly affected by FSB speeds as the MCH uses the FSB to communicate with the primary CPU and then must move that data to memory or other subsystems running at speeds different than the FSB. (This is why the MCH is also called a "bridge", it bridges the communications from several different speed busses/devices and both manages and optimizes the communications while matching up differing transmission protocols. Intel has optimized the internal operation of the MCH to work with its current line of C2Ds which are available in 4 different FSB buss speeds , 200MHz, 266MHz, 333MHz and 400MHz. The MCH when initialized senses the FSB buss speed set by the CPU and picks/adjusts its internal clocks and timings for proper operation at the target FSB speed and a ton of configration data is read into the MCH from the bios to help set up these timings and translations. These 4 possible sets of internal MCH timings are referred to as "straps". FSB operation between 200-266 is one strap, operation between 266-333MHz is another "strap" etc. As far as I know the MCH does not and cannot change its internal timings as you increase the FSB. This means that the FSB at boot determines which strap or set of internal clocking and timings the MCH uses. The settings above allow you to select the FSB strap that determines MCH timings and what memory mulitplier(s) are available. If it is possible you in general want to stay on as low a strap as you can get to work with your memory for lower MCH latencies. I suggest auto until with basic initial testing you determine the limits of your CPU and memory. Then come back and fine tune the memory sub-system/MCH for optimal operation. For most of us the challenge will be to see if you can get on/stay on the 333MHz strap with an FSB over 400MHz and still have good timings and memory speed with a low tRD. Sometimes a very difficult balancing act to pull off, many times just not possible. In other words the trick is to stay on as low of a strap as you can but still have your FSB and memory where you want it.

System Memory Multiplier _____ (SPD) _________[ Auto (Default), others depending on FSB ]
IMPORTANT Performance setting. Auto will allow the motherboard to choose a memory mulitplier that will run your memory at its stock rated speed. Other values will become available based on the above MCH Frequency Latch (strap) settings. A 2.0 muliplier is the same as a 1:1 ratio. To translate the old style ratio numbers to Gigabytish, do the math and multiply by 2, for example 5:4 = 5 divided by 4 = 1.25, 1.25 x 2 = 2.5 meaning the memory runs 2.5x as fast as FSB so for a 400MHz FSB your memory would be running at 1000MHz using a 2.5 memory multiplier). Read this 3 times, http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3208&p=9

Memory Frequency (MHz) ________ ??? _________ ???
Informational only. Displays the current operating memory frequency. The first number is what the memory speed will be using the preprogramed values from the memory SPD chip on the memory stick, The second value will be the speed if you have manually set any of the values. Will change after a reboot according to user settings so only accurate when you first go into the bios if you make any changes that might affect it.

DRAM Timing Selectable _______ (SPD) ________ [ Auto (Default), others ]

>>>>> Standard Timing Control
x CAS Latency Time _____________ W ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x tRCD _________________________ X ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x tRP __________________________ Y ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x tRAS _________________________ Z ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

>>>>> Advanced Timing Control
&#56256;&#56416; Advanced Timing Control [Press Enter]

x tRRD _________________________ A ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x tWTR _________________________ B ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x tWR __________________________ C ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x tRFC _________________________ D ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x tRTP _________________________ E ___________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x Command Rate (CMD) )__________ H ___________ [ Auto (Default), 1T, 2T ]

>>>>> Channel A
&#56256;&#56416; Channel A Timing Settings [Press Enter]
x Static tRead Value _______________ F __________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]

x tRD Phase0 Adjustment ____________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 0-Normal, 1-Advanced ]
x tRD Phase1 Adjustment ____________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 0-Normal, 1-Advanced ]
x tRD Phase2 Adjustment ____________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 0-Normal, 1-Advanced ]
x tRD Phase3 Adjustment ____________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 0-Normal, 1-Advanced ]
x Trd2rd(Different Rank) ___________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 1~15 ]
x Twr2wr(Different Rank) ___________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 1~15 ]
x Twr2rd(Different Rank) ___________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 1~15 ]
x Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank) ___________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 1~15 ]
x DIMM1 Clock Skew Control ______ [Auto (Default), +800ps~-700ps ]
x DIMM2 Clock Skew Control ______ [Auto (Default), +800ps~-700ps ]
x DDR Write Training ____________ [Auto (Default), Disabled, Enabled ]

&#56256;&#56416; Channel A Driving Settings [Press Enter]
x Driving Strength Profile ________ [ Auto (Default), 667MHz, 800MHz, 1066MHz, OC-1200, OC-1333 ]
x Data Driving Pull-Up Level ______ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level _______ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level ______ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Clk Driving Pull-Up Level _______ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Data Driving Pull-Down Level ____ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level _____ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level ____ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Clk Driving Pull-Down Level _____ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]

>>>>> Channel B
&#56256;&#56416; Channel B Timing Settings [Press Enter]
x Static tRead Value _______________ F __________ [ Auto (Default), <Enter to set> ]
x tRD Phase0 Adjustment ____________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 0-Normal, 1-Advanced ]
x tRD Phase1 Adjustment ____________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 0-Normal, 1-Advanced ]
x tRD Phase2 Adjustment ____________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 0-Normal, 1-Advanced ]
x tRD Phase3 Adjustment ____________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 0-Normal, 1-Advanced ]
x Trd2rd(Different Rank) ___________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 1~15 ]
x Twr2wr(Different Rank) ___________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 1~15 ]
x Twr2rd(Different Rank) ___________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 1~15 ]
x Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank) ___________ n __________ [ Auto (Default), 1~15 ]
x DIMM1 Clock Skew Control ______ [Auto (Default), +800ps~-700ps ]
x DIMM2 Clock Skew Control ______ [Auto (Default), +800ps~-700ps ]
x DDR Write Training ____________ [Auto (Default), Disabled, Enabled ]

&#56256;&#56416; Channel A Driving Settings [Press Enter]
x Driving Strength Profile ________ [ Auto (Default), 667MHz, 800MHz, 1066MHz, OC-1200, OC-1333 ]
x Data Driving Pull-Up Level ______ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level _______ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level ______ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Clk Driving Pull-Up Level _______ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Data Driving Pull-Down Level ____ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level _____ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level ____ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]
x Clk Driving Pull-Down Level _____ [ Auto (Default), +8~-7 ]

******** Mother Board Voltage Control ********
Voltage Types Normal Current
------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> CPU
Load-Line Calibration [Disabled]
CPU Vcore 1.12500V [Auto]
CPU Termination 1.200V [Auto]
CPU PLL 1.500V [Auto]
CPU Reference 0.760V [Auto]

>>> MCH/ICH
MCH Core 1.100V [Auto]
MCH Reference 0.760V [Auto]
MCH/DRAM Reference 0.750V [Auto]
ICH I/O 1.500V [Auto]
ICH Core 1.100V [Auto]

>>> DRAM
DRAM Voltage 1.800V [Auto]
DRAM Termination 0.900V [Auto]
Channel A Reference 0.900V [Auto]
Channel B Reference 0.900V [Auto]

reserved

Please do NOT post to this thread at this time.

If you do I will most likely delete your post. Fair warning has been given.

It is much better to make your own post anyway with are really good description in the title so that others can easily search and find information that might be helpful.

Please do NOT post to this thread at this time.

If you do I will most likely delete your post. Fair warning has been given.

It is much better to make your own post anyway with are really good description in the title so that others can easily search and find information that might be helpful.

Back