Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P startup issues.

paradigm.r

n00b
Ok, so the other night my friend turned my computer off from the powersupply and ever since then, my computer will not post. It makes 2 beeps then shuts off, powers up, makes 2 beeps, shuts down, powers up. never ending cycle. You get the picture. I had experienced a problem just like this whenever Vista went into hibernate. I finally figured out that my computer did not like sleep or hibernate, so I disabled both. However, whenever I experienced this problem after hibernate, I was able to hold down the power button while it was doing this endless cycle and it would shut down, and then boot right up. This fix does not work for my current problem though. It simply just wont post. I know that its not a problem with any of my hardware, because everything was working flawlessly before he powered it off from the back. I have tryed resetting the cmos, booting with one stick of ram, booting with the HD disconnected. Pretty much every possible troubleshooting measure I can think of. The only other option I see is to buy a new mobo which I really can't afford now. I was hoping someone out there might know a fix. Thank you for looking!

In the manual it says 2 short beeps is a CMOS setting problem. Did you go through the full procedure of clearing the CMOS? Do it for longer than the minute that the manual says. Make sure you do the load optimised defaults after you do the CMOS clear.

Also, when you say "I know that its not a problem with any of my hardware, because everything was working flawlessly before he powered it off from the back." - don't trust this theory. If a power spike or surge went through the system, it could have blown anything...

Back