VGA 360 invalid format

Movieesa

Gawd
Just bought a new TV and was hooking it up with my VGA cable and this new 1080p TV says invalid format? What do I do to fix this? I had it hooked up to my projector before and now it wont work this way. Anyone offer any suggestions?

try resetting the display settings on the 360, i forget the buttons you push when you start up the xbox (maybe someone else knows)

Right analog trigger then Y, i think. :eek:

Make sure your controller is set to 1 ie... top left light and no game disks in console.

I forget how to do the video reset (follow the post above hopefully) but if that doesn't work, try connecting it to a PC monitor in a pinch, too.
What's odd about 1080p and 1920x1080x60 is while they're really close, they aren't identical. On all of the TV's I've used, the settings are slightly different, mainly in the areas of underscan and overscan.

Holding all 3 buttons down all at the same time immediately after turning on the xbox:

Left trigger, Right trigger, and Y button

or your new TV might not support it. I've got a buddy with a 52" Toshiba REGZA 1080p that we used the VGA cord to hook up to it and depending on the resolution we chose it would work or said "invalid format" on the screen.

What kind of TV do you have? After hitting Toshibas website we discovered that his 1080p TV could only handle a 720p signal via VGA :(

koretex brings up a good point, if your TV is unable to support a 1080p signal via VGA. You might want to try component on your TV (if possible).

Does the xbox rings blink or anything cause I dont seem to get this VGA reset to work. Maybe I'll just go back to Component but I prefer to use VGA just cause or other things using the component.

Back