Corsair Amps spit across rails, or one big one? whats better?

Dethman

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, im going to be buying a 260gtx today, and my Neopower 480 doesn't have enough Amps for it...only 33A, and they recommend 36A without overclocking, and I plan to overclock, so ...if anyone doesnt think i need to upgrade, please let me know and save me some money!

So with my system in Sig, what do you guys recommend. Price is a big issue....the fact that one is modular and the other isnt...isnt really a big deal

I found a 750tx for 97 + shipping - $20 MIR

That is a good price, but it has one big rail...is that better or worse than 3 rails and the Amps split across them?
If its better to split them, then ill pay extra for the 620hx..

Thanks

Ok, im going to be buying a 260gtx today, and my Neopower 480 doesn't have enough Amps for it...only 33A, and they recommend 36A without overclocking, and I plan to overclock, so ...if anyone doesnt think i need to upgrade, please let me know and save me some money!

So with my system in Sig, what do you guys recommend. Price is a big issue....the fact that one is modular and the other isnt...isnt really a big deal

I found a 750tx for 97 + shipping - $20 MIR

That is a good price, but it has one big rail...is that better or worse than 3 rails and the Amps split across them?
If its better to split them, then ill pay extra for the 620hx..

Thanks

The HX520 and HX620 are effectively single-rail supplies, even though they are spec'd out as triple rail supplies.

Back