ATI GPU Scaling- Fixed Aspect Ration (FAR)

s3rvb0t

[H]ard|Gawd
This feature has been working great... except with Diablo 2... why?

640x480 puts borders along the sides but 800x600 does not. Very weird. Can anyone with an ATI card, DII, and a widescreen monitor (with no FAR enabled via OSD) confirm?

Thanks!

Dunno, I have mine turned on and it works for almost every game, except warcraft 3. Maybe it has something to do with Blizzard games?

Dunno, I have mine turned on and it works for almost every game, except warcraft 3. Maybe it has something to do with Blizzard games?

really? every other blizzard game including war3 work fine. odd..

Ok, I installed D2 LOD and patched it just for you!
I tried maintain Aspect Ratio, and fixed Timings, with both 640x480 and 800x600, for my no matter what settings it stretched the game to full screen. I normally run with Fixed Timings and everything has always ran like it should have, the CPU tests in 3D mark which run at 640x480 runs in a little window.
Not sure what OS your running as that may make a differance, I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit, and I have the newest ATI Drivers. And I ran the Game with the Direct3D mode.

Ok, I installed D2 LOD and patched it just for you!
I tried maintain Aspect Ratio, and fixed Timings, with both 640x480 and 800x600, for my no matter what settings it stretched the game to full screen. I normally run with Fixed Timings and everything has always ran like it should have, the CPU tests in 3D mark which run at 640x480 runs in a little window.
Not sure what OS your running as that may make a differance, I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit, and I have the newest ATI Drivers. And I ran the Game with the Direct3D mode.

haha, thanks... I know how big of a sacrifice that was considering the amount of cd's you had to swap out during the install :D

Yea im on vista 32bit with the newest drivers and running the game in direct3d. I tried turning off perspective to see if that made a difference, but nothing.

Well I just found out that 800x600 in general doesn't give me any sidebars for ANY game.. Trying to dig into CCC to see if there are some settings I can tweak...

How long have ATI drivers offered fixed aspect ratios? I remember a while back when I choose an NVidia card precisely due to ATI's lack of said feature.

Hell, I want an ATI card because fixed aspect doesn't work with my 8800 :p

How long have ATI drivers offered fixed aspect ratios? I remember a while back when I choose an NVidia card precisely due to ATI's lack of said feature.

Since February.

I traded my 8800 to get an ATI card just for this... and it's been working perfect except for the 800x600 rez :confused:

Since February.

I traded my 8800 to get an ATI card just for this... and it's been working perfect except for the 800x600 rez :confused:

Are you using the 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' with or without 'GPU scaling'? Maybe there is an issue with the GPU or CPU version of the scaling that the other would work better with for you.

Are you using the 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' with or without 'GPU scaling'? Maybe there is an issue with the GPU or CPU version of the scaling that the other would work better with for you.

GPU scaling is on, nothing scales correctly when it's off

I know this isn't what you want, but you can always run it windowed. I'm playing windowed with d2multires which allows me to run the game at any resolution I want with limited issues (some weird lighting with what is normally off-screen in certain dungeons). 1080p Diablo II is pretty awesome.

Download it here: http://files.filefront.com/D2MultiRes+v102zip/;11874128;/fileinfo.html

Also you'll need to edit the shortcut and add the -w switch for windowed mode.

Back