EVGA 125 Cash back on GTX 280 purchases

CHECKUP

Limp Gawd
EVGA has an offer on gtx 260 and 280 early buyers for a cash rebate. just fill out the rq info along with the invoice, purchase date and ser # to receive rebate. must have been purchased between 6/16 and 7/7/2008
if i get the 125 dollars that means i paid 800 minus the 125 for a gtx 280 hc card. the water cooler has a value of 175 dollars so the card would be 500 dollars WOW

I wonder what happens if you bought the card from a store with a price match policy (Fry's, Best Buy, etc). Would that be double-dipping on the discount?

Wow, nvidia must be serious about not ceding any segments' market share.

I wonder what happens if you bought the card from a store with a price match policy (Fry's, Best Buy, etc). Would that be double-dipping on the discount?

good question. i got my bfg gtx 280 from fry's.. unfortunately, it is still listed on their site for $659.. they do have a price match policy?

Sometimes I wonder if maybe this was all part of the marketing from the start. Its not like Nvidia didn't know how cheap the new ATI cards were going to be. You see what I'm saying. They've made a $500 video card seem like a good deal!

Look what I made!

mombi0.png

If you need some text to go with your data, you can find it here.

Btw, I will be taking the $125 in cash.

thanks for the back up honest john. some people r just negative. that is what i thought so i made a new thread annoucing the EVGA deal. I would like to know how many people have been informed of the EVGA deal from reading my thread?

Man with the price's now I wish EVGA would let me step-up my 9800gx2 SSC to the GTX 280 FTW model. But alas they only allow you to step up to a non factory OC'd one. oh wells

OMG! Who would have thought to look in the XFX Cash Back thread for an EVGA Cash back offer. OMG .....nobody.

And ...Thanks for posting the heads-up CHECKUP.

A lot of people actually. Seems a lot of people posted posts/threads after reading the XFX thread about other manufacturers cash backs.

Regardless, if you were a GTX owner and saw the XFX thread, I bet you would've read it to find out more details about the cashback and wondered where was yours.

Either way, does it really matter enough to spend your time/energy back and forth debating this?

Either way, does it really matter enough to spend your time/energy back and forth debating this?

This was a good post to alert EVGA users who be much more likley to see the Cash Back offer in an EVGA thread, rather than finding it buried in an XFX thread. :rolleyes: The OP was thanked for posting this information by you sarcastically :eek: telling him it was already posted in the XFX thread. Nice job. There is no debate. You're right though about wasting time and energy on this. Done.

Boy, do I wish I had never used EVGA's StepUp. Not only did I miss the window on the price drops (despite receiving my card after the prices had dropped), but I'm not eligible for this either. Clearly it pays to buy retail.

Boy, do I wish I had never used EVGA's StepUp. Not only did I miss the window on the price drops (despite receiving my card after the prices had dropped), but I'm not eligible for this either. Clearly it pays to buy retail.

I guess, for a couple of weeks, I felt like a completely jackass for a couple of weeks when I went against my usual "never be an early adopter attitude" and jumped on the FtW train (they seem to still be selling out like hot cakes on newegg)...

so kudos to evga for the cash back, I feel a little bit better about forking over my kidney for a FtW :D

Unfortunately not, EVGA bucks can only be used towards purchases on the EVGA online store.

I could not find what format they wanted the invoice in. Since I got mine from newegg I ended up just doing a screen cap of my invoice and sending that in.

What exactly were you guys looking for (format wise) for the invoice?

Is BFG gonnna do this too? I am keeping my ear to the ground.

I am kicking myself right now for paying $450 at BB for one :mad:

Yah, it was definitely warranted that they gave cash back for the early adopters. What would of been nice is not inflating the price of the gtx280 to begin with to so people could avoid going through hoops to get that cash back.

Yah, it was definitely warranted that they gave cash back for the early adopters. What would of been nice is not inflating the price of the gtx280 to begin with to so people could avoid going through hoops to get that cash back.

Definitely. I only wish they'd do something for the early StepUp adopters like me, who didn't get any sort of price reduction, even though I received my card after the price drops (it shipped out right before the drops, so I'm exempt from any sort of cash back or refund). Once burned...

Honestly, Nvidia was caught flat footed. They had the wheels in motion, a pricing structure in mind, and then the 4870 came around, beat them up and took their lunch money. They have dropped prices much faster than they anticipated. Only thing to say is at least they're trying to compensate early adopters somewhat and are prioritizing making more new sales.

EVGA, BFG and XFX are passing back what they're getting from Nvidia. Chances are we're not seeing the money back on step ups because that is transparent to Nvidia (i.e. basically its an insurance policy that EVGA and BFG have implemented themselves, not through Nvidia.) I would blame EVGA and BFG for not giving cash back to early adopters. It might be strange though, you could have paid $50 for a step up and then get $125 back. What about all the people who did not step up? The whole step up thing is a bit strange to think of in terms of cash back for early adopters, since its not an automatic upgrade.

It might be strange though, you could have paid $50 for a step up and then get $125 back. What about all the people who did not step up? The whole step up thing is a bit strange to think of in terms of cash back for early adopters, since its not an automatic upgrade.

I agree that it would be weird for anyone who paid less than $125 to be eligible for the cash back, but I paid $400 for my StepUp. The price on the GTX280 went down $200, and I've effectively gotten $50 for my 8800GTS 512MB, which just hurts. When I got it a few months ago, the 8800GTS 512MB was the most expensive video card I had ever purchased, and I really thought that the GTX280 was going to hold it's value at least until I received my card. I've had my GTX280 for a few days now, and I haven't even opened it up yet... it all makes me so sad.

I agree that it would be weird for anyone who paid less than $125 to be eligible for the cash back, but I paid $400 for my StepUp. The price on the GTX280 went down $200, and I've effectively gotten $50 for my 8800GTS 512MB, which just hurts. When I got it a few months ago, the 8800GTS 512MB was the most expensive video card I had ever purchased, and I really thought that the GTX280 was going to hold it's value at least until I received my card. I've had my GTX280 for a few days now, and I haven't even opened it up yet... it all makes me so sad.

What you say is very understandable, and I can sympathize with your situation. In your place I would be pretty unhappy and emailing EVGA regarding this, even if I didn't expect an immediate resolution, it is worth letting everyone know that you are dissatisfied. EVGA is generally a company with good customer service, so it's not like they don't care what customers think.

What you say is very understandable, and I can sympathize with your situation. In your place I would be pretty unhappy and emailing EVGA regarding this, even if I didn't expect an immediate resolution, it is worth letting everyone know that you are dissatisfied. EVGA is generally a company with good customer service, so it's not like they don't care what customers think.

I emailed EVGA back when the first price drops hit, before I'd received my card, and they told me there was nothing I could do because they'd already shipped the card to me. I even asked if I could return the GTX280 at that time and get my old card and money back, and they said no I couldn't. They weren't the least bit sympathetic. With this cash-back clearly stating that StepUps are exempt, I don't think they care about me.

As a result of EVGA's attitude, when I got my GTX280, I put it up on ebay right away and bundled two games with it (Stranglehold and UT2004 two DVD edition), starting bid $499, seven day auction. Then the second price drop hit during that auction, and with the retail price down to $449 even with those games nobody bid on it (I have 100% positive feedback from 177 ebay members, so it wasn't my reputation). I re-listed it at $399 in a three-day auction, which just closed last night, with only one person bidding on it. After listing fees, paypal fees, and shipping fees, I'm down about $50 plus the loss of my traded-in video card. Someone else just got a really good deal, and all I have is a lot of pain and an empty PCI-Express x16 slot in my PC.

I emailed EVGA back when the first price drops hit, before I'd received my card, and they told me there was nothing I could do because they'd already shipped the card to me. I even asked if I could return the GTX280 at that time and get my old card and money back, and they said no I couldn't. They weren't the least bit sympathetic. With this cash-back clearly stating that StepUps are exempt, I don't think they care about me.

As a result of EVGA's attitude, when I got my GTX280, I put it up on ebay right away and bundled two games with it (Stranglehold and UT2004 two DVD edition), starting bid $499, seven day auction. Then the second price drop hit during that auction, and with the retail price down to $449 even with those games nobody bid on it (I have 100% positive feedback from 177 ebay members, so it wasn't my reputation). I re-listed it at $399 in a three-day auction, which just closed last night, with only one person bidding on it. After listing fees, paypal fees, and shipping fees, I'm down about $50 plus the loss of my traded-in video card. Someone else just got a really good deal, and all I have is a lot of pain and an empty PCI-Express x16 slot in my PC.

Why... Did you sell it?

If you guys didnt make the July 21st deadline to apply, it has been extended to July 29th.
You have till July 29th 2008 to get signed up, after that sign up's will close and then final processing will be done.

Why... Did you sell it?

I sold it because I was so dissapointed with the way EVGA treated me. Only retail customers have normal consumer rights, not StepUp customers like me. I couldn't return it, I couldn't get my old card back, I'm not eligible for any sort of refund or cash back - I couldn't get any of my money back any other way than to sell it.

Back