UT3 Physx

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Got my copy of Ut3 installed the patches and the phsyx mod. Afterr about 3 respawns game slows to a slide show. Any one know whats going on here?

System:
Q6600 xp/xp64/vista triple boot, 4gigs DDR2 1066 Gigabyte p35 MOBO, 8800gt w/
177.39 drivers modded inf and nvidia phsyx drivers, running on xp pro32. Antec430 earthwatts PSU. WD 320, wd 320, wd200 HD Samsung SATA dvd burner.

Maybe it has something to do with using modified INF file? I haven't tested the GPU PhysX yet, but the UT3 mod levels work fine with the PPU at least.

That happened to me on the lighthouse_physx map with the 8800GT GPU PhysX enabled. It starts out fine, then slows down significantly.

The drivers and support are all preliminary. There is supposed to be a release version later this month. heatray_physx is pretty :cool:.

I'm using Vista and both tornado_physx and lighthouse_physx start out fine, then just slow down significantly.after a few minutes. At least that's what it's doing on my 8800GT.

You must replace some dll's in the UT3 folders from the 2.7.3 PhysX runtime.
Go to:
<installation directory>\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\PhysXLocal\ and replace the file PhysXLoader.dll with the one from C:\Windows\System32\
<installation directory>\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\ and replace NxCooking.dll and NxCharacter.dll with the ones from C:\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies\demos\,
and replace PhysXCore.dll with the one in C:\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.3\

With this workaround that slowdown after a few minutes does not occur anymore. :)

You must replace some dll's in the UT3 folders from the 2.7.3 PhysX runtime.
Thanks. I had 2 problems:

1. When I installed Nvidia_PhysX_8_06_12_driver.exe I didn't uninstall the one that came with UT3, so it looks like that just uninstalled the old driver. I had none of the PhysX drivers in System32 or SysWOW64 (where they should be installed under Vista x64). :p All the files were installed to SysWOW64 when I ran Nvidia_PhysX_8_06_12_driver.exe again.

2. I followed the instructions to replace the UT3 files (with one change: PhysXLoader.dll is in SySWOW64 with Vista x64) and that fixed the degrading performance problems.

I only tried tornado_physx after doing the stuff above, but it made a huge difference and now seems to work properly. :)

One annoyance before and after seems to be that I have to enable hardware physx each time I start UT3. Maybe I need to make the change permanent in the config file?

Back