Xbox360 Corrupt Profile / Game data damaged?

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Could someeone please explain how my profile became corrupt and my game data for ninja gaiden II with 11hours :mad:becomes damaged. This really pissed me off.

I went to my brothers for the weekend. I moved my gamer profile from my hard drive to my memory card and my ninja gaiden II save game data. At my brothers, I loaded my profile and game save from the memory card like normal and continue to play the game and save my progress on the memory card. I come home late sunday night to load everything back into my hard drive from my memory card and it says profile corrupt. I said OK, I can just recover the profile no big deal and I continued to copy and overwrite my latest ninja gaiden II save game data and overwrite the old game save knowing that the save game file is linked to my profile and everything should be ok. I load up ninja gaiden II and it recognizes my save game data and my progress with 11 hours etc, I click load game and it mother FN says game data damaged. By that time I had already overwritten my old data in which I was already on Chapter 7 so I could have replayed a few hours and been back to where I was......but no, my FN game save is damaged and Im totally FN screwed and gotta play it all over again.

How the heck does this happen? Im so FN sick of microsoft and their buggy everything!!!! There is no reason my data should be corrupt copying over data from my memory card when it was just working perfect from my brother's 360.

Could someone please explain and give me some peace of mind to cheer me up:(

Your memory card data was corrupt, so you figured it was a good idea to overwrite your working profile with the save from that memory card?

Your memory card data was corrupt, so you figured it was a good idea to overwrite your working profile with the save from that memory card?

I didn't know it was corrupt. It only said my profile was corrupt which I've heard people say they have recovered before and their game saves were still intact.

Anyone else know how the profiles or game data gets corrupt for no reason?

any ideas on why this happens? What is the correct way to do what I did in my situation? Copy profile and save games to memory card and then later update the files on the hard drive. What is the safest way to avoid corrupt profiles and game saves?

What were you doing before you found them corrupted. I know If I log onto my jap Live account to see if ajnythignis there, when I go back to my Canadian account, my profiles will be corrupt, restarting fixes it.

What were you doing before you found them corrupted. I know If I log onto my jap Live account to see if ajnythignis there, when I go back to my Canadian account, my profiles will be corrupt, restarting fixes it.

All I did was put the memory card in and turn the xbox on. I went to the storage devices to move the profile and copy the save game data over and it said profile is corrupt.

i've heard that ninja gaiden 2 has a bug where the auto save can corrupt files, sometimes.

leaving the profile on the memory card is a +.

However with the issues i've seen with the 360 in the past month I wouldn't doubt that it was a Microsoft problem and nothing you could have done to prevent it.

I think its more likely a developer issue then a M$ issue at this point. A few games in the past have had save game issues.

Back