9800GTX and HDMI to DVI Problems

grifter_66

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my eVGA 9800GTX yesterday and when I use my DVI to HDMI cable no matter what I do or what drivers I have installed my screen looks like it's running in 16-bit color (only after the drivers are installed) and I get the occasional white noise through my monitor speakers depending on the driver versions even though my PC is plugged directly into my receiver through a single optical cable. Thankfully the resolution/scaling looks normal it's just the picture quality that is unforgivable.

I had an eVGA 8800GTS(G92) before this and it worked perfectly and then while I was waiting for the 9800 to get here I was using an eVGA 9600GT which had the same problem when I was using the left DVI (when facing the back of the tower) but the right worked just fine, with my 9800 both inputs have this problem. I have tried all the compatible drivers nVidia offers and some from Guru3D with no change. Right now I am using the VGA connection which looks fine but I need that open for other components. Any one have any Idea if there is a fix for this or am I at the mercy of Nvidia's Engineers and Programmers.

Specs:
Vista Ultimate 64bit (Service pack 1, everything up to date)
Westinghouse L2410NM (24" Monitor)
Hiper 680w Type R-2
ABIT IP35 Pro (BIOS up to date)
Intel E8400
2x2GB DDR2 1066
eVGA 9800GTX (Driver version 175.16)

So not a single person here has run into this problem or knows anything about it?

Back