What does nSvcAppFlt.exe does for my Nvidia video card?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
IT's running in the background, but I notice some other Nvidia based video card (older driver set) does not have it. But this prog. is causing a conflict on my Zone Alarm software. So I want to get rid of it.

And if so, how do I do that? It's not running on StartUp nor on Services

NVIDIA Network Access Manager is part of the NVIDIA Firewall used on certain Asus motherboards. This process should not be removed to ensure that your system is secure.

yea right, this will make it secure. What motherboard do you have?

^ you read the same website that I did, cuz thats exactly what I saw :)

OP, if you werent aware that you installed the nvidia firewall, its because when you installed the chipset drivers you never unticked the NAM box or when it asked you if you wanted to install it, you chose yes instead of no.

Its a piece of shit that causes no end of problems that nvidia firewall, best get rid of it since you are already using ZA, both firewalls will be conflicting with each other.

Bottom line, it IS NOT apart of the video drivers.

I've got a Tyan board and will second the notion of ditching the Nvidia firewll. It causes no end of problems.

I've got a Tyan board and will second the notion of ditching the Nvidia firewll. It causes no end of problems.

but, isnt it like that for all nvidia drivers? i remember trying to install raid drivers for my IDE raid on Nforce2, system wouldnt boot, and when i tried to disable my nvidia network adaptor on my motherboard windows would crash. needless to say thats the reason i've yet to buy an nvidia product

Its a piece of shit that causes no end of problems that nvidia firewall, best get rid of it since you are already using ZA, both firewalls will be conflicting with each other.

Bottom line, it IS NOT apart of the video drivers.

Okay, under control Panel at Add/Remove Prog., I see a:

Nvidia ForceWare Network Access Manager 20.29 MB
What else does this software do, besides Firewall?

Is this the piece of shit that I should remove?

All I use is the driver and the Nvidia Control Panel.

thats the one to remove, if you select that and only that then it wont uninstall anything else except that firewall shit.

I can confirm that nSvcAppFlt.exe is junk. I accidentally installed it when I upgraded my nForce drivers, and it caused any programs that tried to access the Internet in the first minute or so after boot up to hang. Uninstalling it solved that problem.

Back